ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Bureau Advice

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

file girl
Newly Registered

Immigration Bureau Advice

Post by file girl » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:58 am

Hi All- I need some advice about what to expect when registering my husband with the Immigration Bureau on Burgh Quay-
we have just received a letter from the Department saying my non-EU spouse (I am Irish) has now permission to stay after our application and that we need to register there, I am assuming to get a stamp on his passport.

1. I have called every helpline, but none can tell me what the opening hours are- I need to know when to take off work etc!! Could anyone tell me?

2. Could anyone advise on how long a wait would be involved there- could it be done in a few hours or do you need to queue all day?

Thanks!

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:17 am

Hi,

GNIB is open from 8am till late, Friday till 4pm. But they may stop giving out the tickets earlier depending on the volumes of people. I would suggest to go in for 8am and you may be finished within an hour or 2.
If your husband need a re-entry visa to ireland he can try and get that sorted at the same time, same place just different windows. You would need a ticket for that as well.
Anyway, it will all depend on the amount of people on the day.
Good luck

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:19 am

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=31 details the opening hours

I'd personally start queuing outside between 7am and 7.30am as, in my experience, you tend to get out quite quickly.

I've recently heard of someone having to wait for 10 hours for going in a bit later and getting one of the last tickets issued for the day

file girl
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by file girl » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:34 pm

Thank you for such quick replies- you brought up an interesting issue as well:
by a re-entry visa do you mean that if he travels outside Ireland that he needs to get this visa each time?
This is our first experience of the system so would be grateful for all basic advice you could give.
Thanks again

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:38 pm

If your husband is a visa required national (need visa to come to ireland) then he has to get a re-entry visa before he leaves ireland so that he can come back in again. It will be issued until the the expiry of the permission that your husband has. For the first few times it can be issued for 3-6 months only, and later after few more times it is possible to get a multiple entry visa lasting longer. So if your husband does not plan to travel anywhere anytime soon, there is no need to get the re-entry visa now. You can get it any time as long as your husband is still in permission.