ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintainence Fund Evidence for Children

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

datastage152902
Newly Registered

Maintainence Fund Evidence for Children

Post by datastage152902 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:03 am

Hi,
I have my Tier 1 approved last year on 17th Nov. I am in India since then along with my dependents. We haven't travelled to UK after that time at all.

When i got my Tier 1 approved, I had shown the maintainence funds for me and my dependents as 6000£ , even though as I was skeptical about landing in UK at that time. I just applied for my visa alone and got it approved.

Now I will be moving to UK in the mid of next month for a job. So I wish to take my dependents along for this reason.

I have a question related to Maintainence Funds requirement for My son.:

1.) My wife has a bank account in India, showing around 7000£ for the last three months on every single day. The account owner is my wife ALONE here. As per the guidelines, my wife can use this account to support her alone. but can this serve as a Maintainence Funds source for my son ?

The reason for this confusion is the two sources of information as below:

a.) PBS Guidance for Dependents on Page 11:
"Personal Bank Statements must clearly show: the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children only) the name of the other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom"

b.) Appendix E rule d"Where the applicant is applying as the Child of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, the relevant amount of funds must be available to the applicant, the Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or the applicant's other parent who is Lawfully present in the UK or being granted entry clearance, or leave to enter or remain, at the same time."

2.) I do no have sufficient funds in Indian bank account to support my son.
However i do have US Bank account from which three latest Electronic Bank statements can be generated where the funds on any given day will not fall less than 6000£. The latest statement can be on the month end of April. I also have a supporting letter verifying the Bank Account date on Oct 2008

Please advise , How do i go about producing the evidence for Maintainence funds for my son.

Option 1.) Get my name on the wife's account in India making it Joint
Option 2.) Or show my US Bank Account in India as a maintainence evidence.

Please assist.

Many Thanks in Advance,
Regards,
Datastage

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:50 am

hi,
i think you should go with option 2 i.e. show your US bank account with the required mainataince funds.
seniors please correct me if I am wrong.
:-)

datastage152902
Newly Registered

Post by datastage152902 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:03 am

Any more suggestions?. Please let me know where I can enquire this and get closest accurate answer (Email/Call)

Regards,
datastage

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Maintainence Fund Evidence for Children

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:18 am

Hmm - This is well tricky question. As a matter of fact, sicne your child is too young to have a bank account, I would suggest you sick an advice from UKBA and/or VFS centre via email. If things go in your favour, take a print out and send it alng with your application. It looks like your only option would be is to wait for another 3 months even if you add your name to your wife's account. cause rule clearly states that funds for min of 3 months. If you add your name now - "Realistically" your account starts from that day. In terms of Electronic statement - I will not reccomend you that. Also, by submitting 2/3/4 diff accounts frm 2/3 diff countries could create a circus for ECO and believe me my friend - They are not so good at their job.SEE HERE from TIER1VISA_2008... How the hell ECO came to a conclusion of rejecting the visa - F*** knows. May be he dint have a tea in the morning..

Good Luck
x