ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:42 pm

u0543 wrote:
tom4 wrote:
u0543 wrote:Called INIS today.
Application sent to minister 01/04/09.
Applyed 10/04/09 based on 5 years WV.
Add docs requested Sep 08.
Wow! Things have improved!
They are now processing them in advance :lol:

:D :D
not yet.
applyed 10/04/06.

Any news u0543 ?

Regards, A_I

u0543
Newly Registered

Post by u0543 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:23 pm

another_immigrant wrote:
u0543 wrote:
tom4 wrote:
u0543 wrote:Called INIS today.
Application sent to minister 01/04/09.
Applyed 10/04/09 based on 5 years WV.
Add docs requested Sep 08.

not yet.
applyed 10/04/06.

Any news u0543 ?

Regards, A_I
Hi A_I,
Of course I haven't got anything and wouldn't expect any answer before
end of May.
Why do u ask?

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:10 pm

u0543 wrote:
another_immigrant wrote:
u0543 wrote:
tom4 wrote:

not yet.
applyed 10/04/06.

Any news u0543 ?

Regards, A_I
Hi A_I,
end of May.
Why do u ask?
The reason why I'm asking is that I've checked the postings here and as far as I can see the decision time is between 4 to 5 weeks max since the application is fully submitted to the minister. So I'm guessing if it's posted for approval at the end of march or early april, it's more than likely to hear news either this week or next week at the latest. It might be wise to ring and ask for an update. I'll do so. keep in touch.

Regards, A_I

u0543
Newly Registered

Post by u0543 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:48 pm

another_immigrant wrote:
u0543 wrote:
another_immigrant wrote:
u0543 wrote:

not yet.
applyed 10/04/06.

Any news u0543 ?

Regards, A_I
Hi A_I,
end of May.
Why do u ask?
The reason why I'm asking is that I've checked the postings here and as far as I can see the decision time is between 4 to 5 weeks max since the application is fully submitted to the minister. So I'm guessing if it's posted for approval at the end of march or early april, it's more than likely to hear news either this week or next week at the latest. It might be wise to ring and ask for an update. I'll do so. keep in touch.

Regards, A_I
Hi A_I,
1. I was told it would take 6 to 8 weeks for the decision.
2. A friend of mine (applied Oct 2006, approval early March), was "with minister" for 2 months - January - March.
So your estimations are a bit too optimistic :(

robin_hood
Newly Registered

Post by robin_hood » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:16 pm

agree with u0543.

Mine was submitted to the Minister on 19/03/09 - heard nothing yet.

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:34 am

robin_hood wrote:agree with u0543.

Mine was submitted to the Minister on 19/03/09 - heard nothing yet.
hope you'll hear this week.
thanks for sharing info guys and keep in touch.
A_I

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:45 am

Any tuesday callers ?

Got a nice person on the phone but the news is the same one: waiting for outside agencies.

I would have hoped that this process would be quiet quick. To verify social welfare and GNIB is matter of interrogating a computer and printing a report...for cryin' out loud.

But I do give credits to the INIS of tipperary they are certainly doing their parts.

As any other administrations, certain civil servants don't justify their pay grade.....Not with this kind of service. No.

Nana

EBS

Post by EBS » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:13 am

nanette wrote:Any tuesday callers ?

Got a nice person on the phone but the news is the same one: waiting for outside agencies.

I would have hoped that this process would be quiet quick. To verify social welfare and GNIB is matter of interrogating a computer and printing a report...for cryin' out loud.

But I do give credits to the INIS of tipperary they are certainly doing their parts.

As any other administrations, certain civil servants don't justify their pay grade.....Not with this kind of service. No.

Nana
I got through this morning, same shit answer "..waiting for outside agencies..." :evil: :x

NearlyIrish

Crucial Question

Post by NearlyIrish » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:53 pm

Has anyone in here tried to put their case forward to a sollicitor? what was the experience like and would you recommend such a step?

Interested in our thoughts.

NI

goodone
Newly Registered

Post by goodone » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:26 pm

[Has anyone in here tried to put their case forward to a sollicitor? what was the experience like and would you recommend such a step?

NI]

Hi NI, seems that it's recommended only if it's done through a solicitor that is an EXPERT in this subject. I know 2 persons who did it through the same solicitor, who took the case to court (because there was no reply from the MoJ after 12 months of applying and it seems that this delay by itself is a breach of a European law..). The 2 persons had their approval letter after 4 months.
I believe that this selfcensorship and kind of fear we're all having from the grey areas of the process are being taken advantage of by the (very slow and kind of unfair) system. I'm still trying to understand how, a "privilege" we've all worked hard to get, contradicts with a "right" to get a fair answer within a sane timeframe. Good luck guys and hope this helps.[/quote]

EBS

Re: Crucial Question

Post by EBS » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:18 pm

NearlyIrish wrote:Has anyone in here tried to put their case forward to a sollicitor? what was the experience like and would you recommend such a step?

NI
I’d say will be very hard to find a good solicitor interested in our thoughts and very expensive, most of them know nothing about immigration and don’t really care.

But would be a great move to go through solicitor and kick those f*rs arses.

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:10 pm

To Goodone..

If you know the name of the solicitor, can you pls pvt me.

Thanks,

NI

goodone
Newly Registered

Post by goodone » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:35 pm

Hi NI, I have it. Let me go through a tiny etiquette check first and will send you the contact details in the coming few days.

YMC
Newly Registered

Post by YMC » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:44 am

[quote="goodone"]Hi NI, I have it. Let me go through a tiny etiquette check first and will send you the contact details in the coming few days.[/quote]

Hi could you pm or email me too please, if that's okay with your mate, I am really fed up with INIS crap and considering some action. Thanks.

EBS

Post by EBS » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:09 am

Guys,

can someone tell me please, how can i get application form for to make a request from Central Garda Vetting Office in Tipperary. Thanks

may be some one already have done this. Very much appreciated!

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:02 pm

EBS wrote:Guys,

can someone tell me please, how can i get application form for to make a request from Central Garda Vetting Office in Tipperary. Thanks

EBS,

If you go to the nearest Garda Station, they will give you the form. You need to send your passport copy or INIS card copy as well as a postal draft for 6euro? ( can't remember exactly). They would tell you. It normally takes 3/4 weeks to get the Clearance report.

Regards,A_I

EBS

Post by EBS » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:28 pm

another_immigrant wrote:

EBS,

If you go to the nearest Garda Station, they will give you the form. You need to send your passport copy or INIS card copy as well as a postal draft for 6euro? ( can't remember exactly). They would tell you. It normally takes 3/4 weeks to get the Clearance report.

Regards,A_I
I thought so as well, went to Swords local Garda station, they told me to submit request for Application Form in writing to Garda Headquarters.
I am a little bit confused now. Just want to apply for Garde clearance myself, sick of hearing same answer from them for 7 mths now.

EBS

Post by EBS » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:28 pm

EBS wrote:
another_immigrant wrote:

EBS,

Regards,A_I
I thought so as well, went to Swords local Garda station, they told me to submit request for Application Form in writing to Garda Headquarters.
I am a little bit confused now. Just want to apply for Garda clearance myself, sick of hearing same answer from them for 7 mths now.

zzz

Post by zzz » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:03 pm

EBS wrote:make a request from Central Garda Vetting Office in Tipperary.
cmon people - it became a widespread disease. You can NOT request anything from Garda Vetting unit - they do NOT work with individuals.
what you CAN request is http://www.garda.ie/Documents/User/data ... 0(f20).pdf,
but this is NOT "clearance certificate"! if fact it clearly states that.

do not waste their time and your money.

EBS

Post by EBS » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:15 pm

zzz wrote:
cmon people - it became a widespread disease. You can NOT request anything from Garda Vetting unit - they do NOT work with individuals.

Great!! thats what i want, thanks so much!!!!

whats the difference between Clearance certificate and this Request form in relation to all info they are holding, is it not the same in principal?

EBS

Post by EBS » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:22 pm

zzz wrote:

To ZZZ:

do i need to specify in respect of what specifically, or just leave blank meaning in general (total info)

Thanks

zzz

Post by zzz » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:19 pm

EBS wrote: To ZZZ:

do i need to specify in respect of what specifically, or just leave blank meaning in general (total info)

Thanks
ask A_I
I, personally, would not request this - even, technically, procedure is the same, this document means nothing for INIS and likely to go straight to the bin.

cnu

Delays in naturalisation cases

Post by cnu » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:20 pm

Delays in naturalisation cases

Got this info from the web. source: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/let ... 93844.html

Madam, – Ombudsman Emily O’Reilly has complained at the Government’s refusal to extend the remit of her office to cover asylum and naturalisation. This limitation is in marked contrast to her other EU counterparts.

I am not surprised as to why the Government has rejected such requests. Currently the waiting time for any new application for naturalisation – following legal residence here for five years – to be even opened for processing is more than four years. This waiting time was one year in the late 1990s and was around two years in 2002.

Some of the applicants to whom I have spoken are afraid to speak out. The office of the Ombudsman could have been one possible avenue for many would-be applicants to highlight this undue and unreasonable delay, which is unique in the Western world.

Perhaps it is a case of rights delayed being rights denied. – Yours, etc,

Dr ASAM ISHTIAQ,

Waterford.

This article appears in the print edition of the Irish Times

cnu

Post by cnu » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:42 pm

Another interesting "discussion" going on in another shop, if you you interested in joining the party ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthre ... 047&page=4

ps: Sorry if this is already submitted!

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:55 pm

zzz wrote:
EBS wrote: To ZZZ:

Thanks
ask A_I
I, personally, would not request this - even, technically, procedure is the same, this document means nothing for INIS and likely to go straight to the bin.
EBS, I'm affraid ZZZ is right :(... This document can not be used for naturalisation applications. Because the INIS request the garda clearance from other units that we can not individually apply for... It looks like this is something they internally carry out...

I had requested the G Clearance to see the Garda response time. I didn't use it anywhere. I was thinking to use it for LTR however it's not even good for LTR either as far as I was told... Therefore, I recommend you just ring the INIS or better off send a letter for status update.
Regards, A_I