ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport not stamped on arrival from Ireland.. advice please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

borofan1
Newly Registered

Passport not stamped on arrival from Ireland.. advice please

Post by borofan1 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:27 pm

I am keenly following the messages relating to ILR in HSMP Visa and recent JR.

I would appreciate advice on the following. When I returned from Dublin last year my passport was not stamped at the airport. I don't know why it was not stamped. I only stayed in Dublin for 2 days. When I come to apply for ILR hopefully in the next few weeks, would home office raise the question of why it has not been stamped. I have printed out the return ticket details from my saved e ticket. Would that be enough? or any other document needed? Has anybody had a similar experience. Any advice would be much appreciated

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:22 am

Your short trip is no problem and the Home Office will not be concerned about it so don't worry.

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Passport not stamped on arrival from Ireland.. advice pl

Post by yasa » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:01 pm

borofan1 wrote:I am keenly following the messages relating to ILR in HSMP Visa and recent JR.

I would appreciate advice on the following. When I returned from Dublin last year my passport was not stamped at the airport. I don't know why it was not stamped. I only stayed in Dublin for 2 days. When I come to apply for ILR hopefully in the next few weeks, would home office raise the question of why it has not been stamped. I have printed out the return ticket details from my saved e ticket. Would that be enough? or any other document needed? Has anybody had a similar experience. Any advice would be much appreciated
Dont worry for 2 days...
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:25 pm

As far as my previous experience of travelling to UK is concerned, I remember that when I exited from UK they did not stamp my passport (I used visit visa), but only when I entered. If it is right, then I hope there would not be any problem as it may lead them to conclude that you were in UK for your mentioned stay. :? :roll: