ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Originals Return Time

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

knbabu_99
Newly Registered

Originals Return Time

Post by knbabu_99 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:12 pm

Do you have any idea of how long does HSMP authorities take , when once the HSMP stage 1 is approved ?

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:11 am

knbabu,

what exactly do you want to know? what do u mean with HSMP Stage 1? I had been approved by HSMP and even got my EC stamped on passport, but i neve rcame across any term like Stage 1, 2, 3, ..... etc..

Golauk

Post by Golauk » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:48 am

Stage 1 means when HSMP team approve/reject your application.
Stage 2 is when you go for EC at BHC.

GolaUk

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:26 pm

where are these stages mentioned dear Gola? and how many such stages are defined? is it standard format or everyone design their own stages?

Golauk

Post by Golauk » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:08 pm

Dear dhavaluk

Have a look in new guidance notes from HSMP. Following are some extract and when you get file please see Annexure A and you will clearly see all the stages.

Cheers!!!! :lol:

GolaUK

INTRODUCTION AND OVERVIEW
1. This guidance explains the rules governing individuals wishing to come to, or remain in, the United Kingdom as Highly Skilled Migrants. The Programme was launched on 28 January 2002. The revised Programme and the new Young Persons Assessment were introduced on 31 October 2003. The Home Office may decide it is appropriate to make future changes to HSMP. Any such changes will be published on our website: www.workingintheuk.gov.uk
The Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)
2. The UK government operates this programme to allow individuals with exceptional skills and experience to seek entry or stay to work in the United Kingdom without having a prior offer of employment, or to take up self-employment opportunities.
3. The current process involves two stages:
(i) Stage 1: 8) an application to be considered under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (an HSMP application). If that application is approved, it does not confer permission to come to the UK or remain if already here;
(ii) Stage 2: 8) If your HSMP application is approved, you must make a separate application to come to the UK if you are at present abroad or for further leave to remain as a Highly Skilled Migrant if you are already here in another category.
4. This two stage process is summarized in the diagram at Annex A

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:57 am

Thanx a lot Gola....

I don't know why, but now as I have got approval and EC cleared, so have lost interest in looking at the wbesite, and for last few days, when i was trying to search it for somethign, it was non-functional as well. THats the reason, i was not Updated. Thank you very much once again for updating me...

Golauk

Post by Golauk » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:33 am

dhavaluk

I have also got hsmp approval and EC but still i likes to update myself with the latest developments.

cheers!

GolaUk

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:32 pm

Golauk wrote: I have also got hsmp approval and EC but still i likes to update myself with the latest developments.
Dear GOla,

So do I, I even keep myself updated here on the forum, but on HSMP website, which has almost nothign to update, I don't feel to visit it.

taikoo
Newly Registered

Post by taikoo » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:22 am

Hey Guys - dhavaluk and Golauk, In your duels, you forgot to answer knbabu_99's question, which I am reproducing below.

Since I also applied for the HSMP, I would be keen to know the approximate time for getting the original documents back.

Here is knbabu_99's original query. Appreciate your replies.

"Do you have any idea of how long does HSMP authorities take , when once the HSMP stage 1 is approved ?"

Thanks...

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:48 am

taikoo wrote: "Do you have any idea of how long does HSMP authorities take , when once the HSMP stage 1 is approved ?"
Dear,

I just asked waht exactly you want to know, what time are u asking for? I mean time to dispatch documents? time taken for the documents to be delivered at ur doorsetp? or time taken for EC? what exactly you adn the knbabu wants to know?

Golauk

Post by Golauk » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:11 am

Yes dhavaluk is right. What information you guys want??? Please clarify your query!

GolaUk

taikoo
Newly Registered

Post by taikoo » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:25 am

Oh my god, before you guys get into another round or duel,

what I (may be even knbabu_99 also) want to know is -

how long does it take to get out original documents back after our applications are approved by the HO.

Thanks.

Golauk

Post by Golauk » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:20 pm

taikoo

The timeframe for return of documents by HO depends on country by country and existing mail services of that country. One you got approval from HO they will post ur documents during that same week.
:wink:

Cheers!!!

GolaUk

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:17 am

taikoo wrote: how long does it take to get out original documents back after our applications are approved by the HO.
THanks for askign a straight forward qeustion and stopping us by starting another duel.....

As Gola haev stated, it entirely depends on a country where ytou are waiting for the documents to be delievered adn on the postal service of that country at that particular time.

In my case, i recieved my documents back in my first application in 3 weeks (12th April to 29th April) and in second application i recieved them back in just 7 days (7th June to 14 June).

Hope you both have got the answer now....

knbabu_99
Newly Registered

Originals

Post by knbabu_99 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:01 am

From the discussion I understand that after the HSMP decision is made the original will be returned in two weeks time to my door step. correct me If I am wrong.

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:34 am

yes babu,

You can definitely expect them back in 1 to 3 week's time. No earlier than one week if u r in India. When was the decision taken on your case?

sergio39

Post by sergio39 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:32 pm

dhavaluk wrote:yes babu,

You can definitely expect them back in 1 to 3 week's time. No earlier than one week if u r in India. When was the decision taken on your case?
...Yes, if they will not lose your papers, like it was happened in my case. I never seen the decision letter and my originals: diplomas, etc.

Good luck.