ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

German Family Reunion Visa and question regarding WP

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

markowna
Newly Registered

German Family Reunion Visa and question regarding WP

Post by markowna » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi,

I read few posts out here and found out that info given here is very good and decided to ask my question hoping somebody would know the answer.

I am Polish citizen, working currently in Frankfurt and I am getting married to an Indian.
I would want to know if dependent visa (family reunion visa) has anything mentioned about ability to work and if there is any time span when the dependant cannot work.
I got to know that my husband will need to find a company which would do WP for him (as Poland is still in the transition period and Polish still need WP to work in Germany) but are there any restrictions on the dependent visa (as this is the visa he would come to Germany).

Thanks for all info

cantaro

Re: German Family Reunion Visa and question regarding WP

Post by cantaro » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:20 pm

According to Directive 2004/38/EC, family members of EU citizens exercising treaty rights have the same rights as the EU citizen. Therefore, if you currently need a work permit to work in Germany, so will your Indian spouse. On the other hand, the document http://www.arbeitsagentur.de/zentraler- ... usl-AN.pdf (in German) states that Polish (and other new-EU member citizens) that have been admitted to the German labour market for 12 months are entitled to an EU work permit that will allow them to take up any employment in Germany. Once you have that, your spouse will also be entitled to it.

The family reunification visa itself will not allow your spouse to work; he will have to apply for a permit akin to the one you hold.

markowna
Newly Registered

Post by markowna » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:26 pm

....Polish (and other new-EU member citizens) that have been admitted to the German labour market for 12 months are entitled to an EU work permit that will allow them to take up any employment in Germany. Once you have that, your spouse will also be entitled to it.

I have the WP valid till March 2011. How to obtain this: an EU work permit that will allow them to take up any employment in Germany?

cantaro

Post by cantaro » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:47 pm

markowna wrote:How to obtain this: an EU work permit that will allow them to take up any employment in Germany?
The article states you should talk to your local Arbeitsagentur.

markowna
Newly Registered

Post by markowna » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:30 pm

Thanks a lot for the info :-)

but does anybody know the procedure how to obtain this and what documents i would need to submit etc.?

will try to go to this office to get info but if anybody knows any details would be nice :-)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon May 11, 2009 4:09 pm

markowna wrote:but does anybody know the procedure how to obtain this and what documents i would need to submit etc.?

will try to go to this office to get info but if anybody knows any details would be nice :-)
I would actually just contact the Kreisverwaltungsreferat (which is usually at the city hall).

Their page with details of process for family of EU citizens is at
http://www.muenchen.de/Rathaus/kvr/ausl ... erger.html under 4. Familienangehörige und eingetragene Lebenspartner aus Drittstaaten

I doubt you will have any problems. If you have any problem be sure to contact Solvit at http://eumovement.wordpress.com/help-eu-solvit/