ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Boosting Salary with allowances

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sidzz
Newly Registered

Boosting Salary with allowances

Post by sidzz » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:08 pm

Hi from researching this forum, would i be correct in assuming that regular allowances can be added to basic salary to help gain more points for a PBS application. if so what allowances would be allowed and to what value. How much would, say, an accomodation allowance be capped at?
Thanks

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Boosting Salary with allowances

Post by yasa » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:18 am

sidzz wrote:Hi from researching this forum, would i be correct in assuming that regular allowances can be added to basic salary to help gain more points for a PBS application. if so what allowances would be allowed and to what value. How much would, say, an accomodation allowance be capped at?
Thanks
Mate it is fine to add allowances if u pay tax on it.
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

sidzz
Newly Registered

Post by sidzz » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:48 am

Hi, thanks for that. what limits on allowances are there. what i mean is can i get 100 a wekk accomodation allowance to increse my salary figure be 5200 a year or is there a limit on the amount. I read somewhere on a tax website for PAYE accomodation allowance is limited to about 30 a week. is that the case here?

radar79
Newly Registered

Post by radar79 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:09 pm

Hi,

Accommodation allowance will be taken into consideration as long as it does not exceed 30% of the total package. If it does exceed this limit, it will only be considered for calculation purposes up to the value of 30% of the total package. See pages 27 - 28 of the Tier 2 policy guidance.

I hope this helps!