ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

better for appeal, immigration solicitor or consultant???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

legalhelp
Newly Registered

better for appeal, immigration solicitor or consultant???

Post by legalhelp » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi my tier 1 general was rejected with the reason payslip & statment could not be verified, I have to appeal, so what is better, immigration solicitor or immigration consultant to seek help.

blue.olive

Re: better for appeal, immigration solicitor or consultant??

Post by blue.olive » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:48 am

legalhelp wrote:Hi my tier 1 general was rejected with the reason payslip & statment could not be verified, I have to appeal, so what is better, immigration solicitor or immigration consultant to seek help.
solicitor with good experience is better

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:24 am

It is also good to know why your application was turned down? If HO cannot verify your payslip + statement, what was the reason behind it? Did they called your employer/Bank to verify the documents? If yes, they you can speak to your employer/bank asking him for explaination or letter which could help you in your appeal.

blue.olive wrote:
legalhelp wrote:Hi my tier 1 general was rejected with the reason payslip & statment could not be verified, I have to appeal, so what is better, immigration solicitor or immigration consultant to seek help.

legalhelp
Newly Registered

Post by legalhelp » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:19 am

chetanojha wrote:It is also good to know why your application was turned down? If HO cannot verify your payslip + statement, what was the reason behind it? Did they called your employer/Bank to verify the documents? If yes, they you can speak to your employer/bank asking him for explaination or letter which could help you in your appeal.

blue.olive wrote:
it is a global company has 10k employees several HR dept & bank is citibank which is again global. The bank anyways dont disclose, however I managed to get letter from employer re confirming my payslips & a reprint of the bank statement with a branch managers covering letter.

I am appealing & have decided to go with a solicitor. I hope it goes well.

My initial application was thru Named OISC advisors, they messed it up, they didnt confirm details that they were putting on the form & without my consent put the details from the appointment letter which was pretty old & the address & contact person were old & hence....

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:54 pm

legalhelp wrote:
chetanojha wrote:It is also good to know why your application was turned down? If HO cannot verify your payslip + statement, what was the reason behind it? Did they called your employer/Bank to verify the documents? If yes, they you can speak to your employer/bank asking him for explaination or letter which could help you in your appeal.

blue.olive wrote:
it is a global company has 10k employees several HR dept & bank is citibank which is again global. The bank anyways dont disclose, however I managed to get letter from employer re confirming my payslips & a reprint of the bank statement with a branch managers covering letter.

My initial application was thru Named OISC advisors, they messed it up, they didnt confirm details that they were putting on the form & without my consent put the details from the appointment letter which was pretty old & the address & contact person were old & hence....
dude just to let u know dont put everything on consultants/ agents..Do your bit as well.. Hope for the best
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

Limbu Timbu
Newly Registered

Post by Limbu Timbu » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:03 pm

VISA DIRECT seem to be well established firm.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:43 pm

Limbu Timbu wrote:VISA DIRECT seem to be well established firm.
So was Lehman Brothers ;-)

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:46 pm

chetanojha wrote:
Limbu Timbu wrote:VISA DIRECT seem to be well established firm.
So was Lehman Brothers ;-)
Lol :lol:
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

Post by 1971 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:28 pm

Hi,
You can do this yourself if you look properly at the reason why you were refused and see what the guidance notes states.

Solicitors cant do more than using the guidance notes which you can do by yourself with a bit of thoroughness.

At the end of every dark tunnel, there's light.

You can WIN,if you BELIEVE...

Cheers

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:14 pm

blue.olive wrote:

Speaking as an immigration consultant, this is just the kind of prestige led snobbery that gets me work when somebody instructs Snorephew Conveyancing (Sols) to take on their immigration case :cry: .

Cheers !!! :D
Oh, the drama...!

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:19 am

legalhelp wrote:

blue.olive wrote:

Always give email id + correct ph no of HR MANAGER ...
Dont give a general ph number ....also make sure the manager you are giving is in town , no leave planned etc ....

The problem with HUGE company HR managers is that they never anwer their PHONES .....

I gave ph no + email , they contacted via email ....

legalhelp
Newly Registered

Post by legalhelp » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:26 pm

I have now got a new letter from the payroll dept with proper contact details & a re-print of my bank statement stamped & signed with a branch mangers covering letter and his contact details.

I guess these documents would help in the appeal --->any take on this.

Someone please advice if the HO would consider the contact details during the appeal might do a re-check on them now?