ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Don't know which application form to file

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sanita
Newly Registered

Don't know which application form to file

Post by Sanita » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:03 pm

Hello all!
I have been reading this board for some time and finally decided to register.
Prior to posting my question I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this board by sharing their experience with other members.

Now, I am a bit confused with the application form for the HO.
I arrived in march 2005 - student visa
Got married to EU national (Nov 2005)
Family member RC issued - Feb 2006 - exp sept 2009
It is valid only for 3 years. The reason for that is that my husband already had his RC at the time we got married and his card expires in Oct 2009.
I have to apply for some sort of visa extension in sept 2009.Myself and my husband are going to apply together and he will be filing EEA3, but what form should I file?
thanks for reading

Ale13
Newly Registered

Post by Ale13 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:22 am

EEA2

I m afraid you can't use the EEA4

Sanita
Newly Registered

Post by Sanita » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:02 am

Thanks for the answer. And will I need to apply for PR again in 2010 or i can carry on living with this new RC and then in 2011 can apply for naturalization without applying for PR?

Ale13
Newly Registered

Post by Ale13 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:43 am

I'm sure you could apply for PR @ Nov 2010, about your last question, I think is another option.
Note EEA2 applications are taking more than 9 months in 99% of the cases.....so if you still fancy to being able to travel, send your application first and then your passport whenever HO ask for it.. maybe after 6 months you sent your application....

Sanita
Newly Registered

Post by Sanita » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:48 am

Ale13 wrote:I'm sure you could apply for PR @ Nov 2010, about your last question, I think is another option.
Note EEA2 applications are taking more than 9 months in 99% of the cases.....so if you still fancy to being able to travel, send your application first and then your passport whenever HO ask for it.. maybe after 6 months you sent your application....
thank you, that is why i am so conserned about the time it takes them to consider an application. I am prepared to wait but after i will have receved my RC in whatever month of 2010 I will straight away need to submit EEA4 and wait again. Don't really like this particular idea of being without passport for 2 years.
But of course if i have no other option I will have to follow this route.