ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 instead of 3 years

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waqar

2 instead of 3 years

Post by waqar » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:03 pm

Hi

I have already spent 3 years, 1 year on WP and 2 on HSMP, in the uk and applied for further extension last month. I have just got the reply and its 2 years extension instead of 3. Although i only need 2 years to complete my 5 year's elligibility for ILR but it would have been good to have security for another year, especially looking at the frequent changes in the point system.

Is it an error on HO part? Do i need to go back to them and if yes, how?

Any help highly appreciated.

Thanks

push
United Kingdom

Re: 2 instead of 3 years

Post by push » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:14 pm

waqar wrote:Hi

I have already spent 3 years, 1 year on WP and 2 on HSMP, in the uk and applied for further extension last month. I have just got the reply and its 2 years extension instead of 3. Although i only need 2 years to complete my 5 year's elligibility for ILR but it would have been good to have security for another year, especially looking at the frequent changes in the point system.

Thanks
You can write back to them. If nothing, you will end up saving the extension fee if the qualifying period is extended to 6 years (which will happen in all likelihood). You can cite the proposed changes in the immigration act. The flip side is, they might come back to you saying (1) The current extension has been granted based on the existing rules &
(2) You will have to apply for probationary citizenship or whatever they decide to call you at the end of 5 years.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:09 am

Part 6A - Points-based system wrote:245D. Period and conditions of grant

(a) Entry clearance will be granted for a period of 3 years.

(b) Leave to remain will be granted:

(i) for a period of 2 years, to an applicant who has, or was last granted, leave as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant,

(ii) for a period of 3 years, to any other applicant.
waqar wrote:I have already spent 3 years, 1 year on WP and 2 on HSMP, in the uk and applied for further extension last month.
Perhaps you can argue that your previous leave was not as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: 2 instead of 3 years

Post by maheshnair » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:16 am

waqar wrote:Hi

Thanks

They could make ILR not as easy as today in coming days . So if your ILR is not approved , you may be in trouble ....

So as vinny pointed , it is ur rights to have 3 years .
request them for 3 years ...It is their mistake..

waqar

Post by waqar » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:36 pm

Thanks very much for your advise

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:05 am

please let us know about the outcome of your request to review the decision, if you make any! Thanks.

waqar

Post by waqar » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:19 pm

Got an email and a call from Home Office (Very unsual of them) asking me to send them the passport and they will revise the visa.

Thanks for your help guys

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:45 pm

waqar wrote:Got an email and a call from Home Office (Very unsual of them) asking me to send them the passport and they will revise the visa.

Thanks for your help guys
Congratulations waqar,

Did they ask you to resend supporting docs as well ? How are you planning to send the passports ? Any covering letter or reference email (would be a good idea) you planning to include as enclosure ?

Thank You,
hsmp12345

waqar

Post by waqar » Sat May 02, 2009 6:17 pm

He just asked me to send the passport directly to his attention which i did alongwith two line covering letter. As it was a typo (according to him) they just need to print another sticker and cancell the last one.