ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retention of passport for authentication

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chifrae
Newly Registered

Retention of passport for authentication

Post by chifrae » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:38 pm

I made an application Eu fam residence card , one month after i recieved a letter from the department that my passport has been retained for authentication, i wonder what sort of check they could not do within the one month they had it for , now I am told It may take several weeks before the check is completed by gada , returned to them and they in turn return the passport to me.

This will obviously affect me as my wife is the only person working , since my passport is retained for the almighty check which i am sure can be done in a day, am forced to wait till whenever.

Has anyone experienced this before , please shed light on this , and how long does it take for gada to carry out such checks.

Chifrae

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:53 am

Hi
1.What is your nationality?
2.How long you living in ireland?
3.what is your current immigration status?
4.and whats is your spouse nationality?
and i never heard of such kkind of passports check....

blondi
Newly Registered

ADVISE!

Post by blondi » Tue May 19, 2009 8:25 pm

Please take care as to what answers you give zafarzafar, if you look at my profile and my question to the forum, it might be a somewhat cheap attack at you. I have experienced this from him already. Be warned!!!
Immigration can and will take passports, but when it all checks out it will be returned to you, so don’t panic, if all is in order.