ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

petition against all the eu embassy in the uk

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alooma

Post by alooma » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:55 pm

hello guys

i would like some advice on how to go about righting a petition against all the eu embassy in the uk that require non eu family members of EU citizens to book an appointment 4 a visa through an automated service at a rate of 1pound per minute.as you would know this is in breach of Article 5/2 of Directive 2004/38/EC which states:

[Member States shall grant such persons every facility to obtain
the necessary visas. Such visas shall be issued free of charge as
soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated procedure.]

these consulate requires EU family members to book an appointment and they ve to pay to get the appointment(1£/Min) and the earliest date you can get is no less than 1 MONTH e.g. Spanish consulate in London.

secondly, on these embassies website they still require non EU family members of EU citizens applying for a short stay visa to have lawfully resident in UK despite the recent ruling by the E.C.J in the METOCK case.
please can any 1 join me on this petition and advice me on how to go about it.

regards
Alooma.[/b]

Eric-Poole

Post by Eric-Poole » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:01 pm

Always apply for a Schengen Visa to your National Consulate. They will give you a FREE one year visa that will allow your spouse to travel to ALL Schengen Countries.

If you want to file a petition to ask the UK Goverment to ban the use of Premium Phone lines by Foreign Organization try the following:
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/

Cheers. Eric
Sign my online petition on EEA residency applications:
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/EEA4-Residency/

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:12 am

All embassies? Sorry, but that is not correct. You will have to identify each embassy individually.

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: petition against all the eu embassy in the uk

Post by 86ti » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am

Eric-Poole wrote:Always apply for a Schengen Visa to your National Consulate. They will give you a FREE one year visa that will allow your spouse to travel to ALL Schengen Countries.
Can you back this up with some facts?

Eric-Poole

Post by Eric-Poole » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:25 pm

Let's assume that you are French, you should apply for your Spouse Visa at the French Consulate in London. If you have registered your marriage, they will give a 12 month Schengen Visa for your spouse Free of Charge. This will allow your spouse to travel to all Schengen countries. You can book an appointment for Spouse of French/EU citizen from their website.

Cheers. Eric

Last edited by Eric-Poole on Fri May 01, 2009 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:23 pm

Eric-Poole wrote:Let's assume that you are French, you should apply for your Spouse Visa at the French Consulate in London. If you have registered your marriage, they will give a 12 month Schengen Visa for your spouse Free of Charge. This will allow your spouse to travel to all Schengen countries. You can book an appointment for Spouse of French/EU citizen from their website.

Cheers. Eric
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/EEA4-Residency/
I am German/Belgian, and lived with my Lebanese wife in Ireland.

The fact that both the Belgian and German embassies made a big mess out of all our travel-plans ultimately prompted us to move into Schengen-Land (now happily living in Zürich/CH without visa-problems).

If we had received one-year Schengen-visas and trouble-free border-crossing from and to Ireland each time we travelled, we'd probably still live in Eire.

And that's not because I don't know my rights or don't know how to put my point forward, as >>this<< thread may show.

I used to be big-time pro-EU, now I'm the most anti-EU person you can imagine. Luckily I don't (have to) live inside this bureaucratic "monster" anymore as, quite frankly, I don't want to pay them taxes so they can sleep while being paid.

My >>petition<< is my personal ultimate reason which, for by now 7 months, remains unanswered... (All I got was a letter saying it was received, and another that my basic point is "admissable")

Waiting for 7 months to be allowed to travel from A to B is one thing, I wonder how politicians would react if they were delayed at the border for only 30 minues, 1 hour or even 1 day...? I guess they'd complain massively...

Sorry for all my complaining, I know it's n1's fault in here ;)

However, for all of the above reasons I wonder what should have guaranteed my wife a 1-year visa? At some point we were issued with a visa valid for 4 days(!), as we wanted to visit a friend over a weekend. This was actually a milestone in our decision to move to Europe...

Regards, Christian

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:51 pm

Eric-Poole wrote:Let's assume that you are French, you should apply for your Spouse Visa at the French Consulate in London. If you have registered your marriage, they will give a 12 month Schengen Visa for your spouse Free of Charge. This will allow your spouse to travel to all Schengen countries. You can book an appointment for Spouse of French/EU citizen from their website.
I am not French. My embassy would not give my wife a one year visa. From where did you get the information that the spouse would get one or would have a legal right to it? Also, be aware that member countries can exclude their territory from the Schengen visa.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri May 01, 2009 7:16 am

I am not French. My embassy would not give my wife a one year visa. From where did you get the information that the spouse would get one or would have a legal right to it? Also, be aware that member countries can exclude their territory from the Schengen visa.[/quote]

My wife is Latvian, we live in Ireland and I got 1 year shengen visa free of charge at the Latvian embassy in Dublin. It is totally correct what the initial poster wrote.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Fri May 01, 2009 7:39 am

jhbmike wrote:
86ti wrote:I am not French. My embassy would not give my wife a one year visa. From where did you get the information that the spouse would get one or would have a legal right to it? Also, be aware that member countries can exclude their territory from the Schengen visa.
My wife is Latvian, we live in Ireland and I got 1 year shengen visa free of charge at the Latvian embassy in Dublin. It is totally correct what the initial poster wrote.
Cool! Congratulations :!:

Would you happen to know if the Latvians would give the same 1-year-visa to non-EU spouses of other EU-nationalities too?

(Obviously not for me anymore, but I know some poor German seouls "trapped" in Ireland with their relevant partners.)

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri May 01, 2009 8:42 am

jhbmike wrote:It is totally correct what the initial poster wrote.
Sorry what? Two people here reported that from their very own experience they wouldn't get what the OP said they would and you think that the OP is "totally correct"? And once again: The embassies are not legally obliged to do so! But if you know the procedures of all the 25 Schengen states in all of their embassies better than the rest of us then please enlighten us with reference to the source of your information.

EDIT: The OP's information is also incorrect because some embassies here in the UK wouldn't bother issuing visa to residence card holders (some embassies even require legal residence in the UK). This includes the Latvian embassy BTW.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri May 01, 2009 8:56 am

ca.funke wrote:However, for all of the above reasons I wonder what should have guaranteed my wife a 1-year visa? At some point we were issued with a visa valid for 4 days(!), as we wanted to visit a friend over a weekend.
Exactly. How long (and in other cases even if) you get a visa for is at the discretion of the embassy.

AxeZ

Post by AxeZ » Fri May 01, 2009 3:38 pm

I am Czech and my wife serbian. She got 2 year multi entry schengen visa in czech embassy in Belgrade.
We live in Novi Sad, Vojvodina, currently part of serbia..;)

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri May 01, 2009 10:34 pm

86ti wrote:
jhbmike wrote:It is totally correct what the initial poster wrote.
Sorry what? Two people here reported that from their very own experience they wouldn't get what the OP said they would and you think that the OP is "totally correct"? And once again: The embassies are not legally obliged to do so! But if you know the procedures of all the 25 Schengen states in all of their embassies better than the rest of us then please enlighten us with reference to the source of your information.

EDIT: The OP's information is also incorrect because some embassies here in the UK wouldn't bother issuing visa to residence card holders (some embassies even require legal residence in the UK). This includes the Latvian embassy BTW.
You need to relax man youre too high strung!!!!
Never once did I say that I knew the procedures of all 25 Shengen states. Why would I? I have a schengen visa issued from the the latvian embassy so why would I trance around to ther 24 trying to find out about there issuance procedures.
The Latvian embassy also requires legal residence here in Ireland.
At first they didnt want to give a schengen visa as I have a stamp4eufam which already allows me to travel to other states, however I stated the difficulties when travelling this way and they had no problem issuing the visa.
By the way I didnt mean to say that I agreed with the OP. It was Eric Poole Iwas agreeing with when he posted the following-

Let's assume that you are French, you should apply for your Spouse Visa at the French Consulate in London. If you have registered your marriage, they will give a 12 month Schengen Visa for your spouse Free of Charge. This will allow your spouse to travel to all Schengen countries. You can book an appointment for Spouse of French/EU citizen from their website.

Cheers. Eric :!:

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sat May 02, 2009 3:05 am

When my hubby and I made enquiries at the Swiss embassy in London they did comment that, as I am the spouse of Swiss national, I would most probably be issued a 1 year mult. entry schengen visa at the very least. This remains to be seen though.