ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help on Entry Clearance/spouse visa.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sharup
Newly Registered

help on Entry Clearance/spouse visa.

Post by sharup » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been reading up on this forum for some time and finally decided to register.

I am a British Citizen currently living in the UK. I recently got married back-home and wish to bring my wife to the UK. Before I apply for her I wanted to make sure of certain things.

So far I have the following questions:

a) Does she have to have IELTS (Internation English Language Testing System) score? If so, what is the minimum score?

b) Does she have to prove to the immigration that she has sufficent knowledge of the english language? If so, how does she prove it? If there is a Test what are the formats and when is the Test? i.e. before or after her application.

c) Is she required to submit her academic certificates for any reason? If so, please state.

d) Does she have to provide her CV in order to prove that she has enough qualifications and experience so that she can get a job in the UK?

Essentially, what I am trying to find out is that, do the spouses need to know enough of the English language before they get the Entry Clearance? If they do, then how do they prove it? Would showing their academic certifcates (Not English Medium Education but studied English Language and Grammer in School and College) be enough to support that they do indeed have enough knowledge of English?

Many thanks in advance for taking your time and answering the above questions. I really appreciate it.

- Sharup

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:44 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sharup
Newly Registered

Post by sharup » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:51 pm

Thanks ever so much.

kenco
Newly Registered

Re: help on Entry Clearance/spouse visa.

Post by kenco » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:55 pm

Hi
I wonder if you can help me with some advice.
I submitted a spouse visa application UK but my application has been put on hold because I do not meet the financial requirements.
My wife is a British citizen. I got 2 jobs. My first job I earn £17 800 per annum and second job £7000 per annum. This clearly shows I earn above the requirement required.
My second job wages goes into a joint bank account with my cousin who was looking after me as a mother when I was a student. The home office will not allowed me to use a joint account with relative even though I gave them letter confirming about my second job.
Can anyone advice me how to support my claim in this situation?

vinny

Re: help on Entry Clearance/spouse visa.

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:04 am

I don't think that the joint account with a relative satisfies their specified evidence requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.