ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp505

Post by hsmp505 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:28 am

@Miss

You are right, if u check on gerry website, they mentioned that for lahore and karachi processing time is in excess of 30 working days (1.5 to 2 months) then Islamabad, let me remind you though embassy process ur case much earlier then you actully get call from gerrys, like in my case Visa stamped on 21 April and status changed on 29th April and my wife went there without their call odr wise they may hav taken 2-3 days to call us for pickup.

On some other forum I seen some one from Karachi mentioning that he got passport on 15th april though UAE ppl told that they sent his passport on 22 March.

So no need to worry you get some good news soon. best of luck

Miss
Newly Registered

Post by Miss » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:09 am

please pray for us, my husband recive a call from lahore toady and now he is in the embassy, i hope that he get visa

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:58 am

ooh i hope ur hubby gets visa soon MISS....dont worry..

keep us posted!

i was one of the 300 or so unfortunate ones who will now hav to take their finger prints scan again!....Gerrys told me....its sooo anoying!.....after their call today went down to gerrys in karachi but office was closed....i think it was due to bad karachi violence happening....but gerrys say that it is UK order and that work will resume on 5th May Tue :(

The thing i dont like is that they tell me this after more than 30 working days!!

I hope they dont ask something stupid like having to submit my original docs again cause they hav it all!!!

hsmp505 and others.....do u think its gonna take another 30 working days after the 2nd finger print scan?

also status of course now changed on gerrys website to "ready for collection".....I wish it had been the alternative....me walking out of Gerrys with visa in hand :cry:

Miss
Newly Registered

Post by Miss » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:09 pm

alhamdolillah my husband get his visa

i dont think that u have to wait 30working days after finger prints again

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:20 pm

MIss......thats wonderfull news!!

CONGRATUALTIONS!!!

I guess im the unfortunate one.....having applied far earlier than any of u...and still i dont get my visa and u do :cry:

its sooo upsetting to know that im still......."desperate_wife"....missing her hubby as the days go by......

will i ever get the visa? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:53 pm

desperate_wife wrote:MIss......thats wonderfull news!!

CONGRATUALTIONS!!!

I guess im the unfortunate one.....having applied far earlier than any of u...and still i dont get my visa and u do :cry:

its sooo upsetting to know that im still......."desperate_wife"....missing her hubby as the days go by......

will i ever get the visa? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Hello Desperate wife

I saw all your posts first of all i want give one information for Spouse visa applicants that all the Spouse visa applications handeld in Isalamabd not in Dubai and 2nd thing is Islamabad Gerry,s take less time then Lahore or Karachi and 3rd thing is Visa process take 2 to 12 weeks normaly i face all these problams and i have well exprince about BHC islamabad so i just wish kay Inshallah everybody get there Visa,s asap Ameen.
if someone need any kind of information about Settlement visa then i will happy to assist .

Regards
Hayat.

Miss
Newly Registered

Post by Miss » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 pm

thank u very much, and dont worry u will get also ur passport soon very soon

SAJBHAM
Newly Registered

Post by SAJBHAM » Fri May 01, 2009 10:52 am

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME REST MY MIND.

GOD FORBID IF AN APPLICATION IS REFUSED HOW DOES THE APPLICANT BE NOTIFED. IS IT THE SAME UPDATE AS 'READY FOR COLLECTION' ??

MY DUA'S ARE WITH EVERYONE AND MAY INSHALLAH ALL GET YOUR VISA'S AND PARTNERS BACK QUICK.

Safina1

Post by Safina1 » Sun May 03, 2009 4:06 pm

yeah its d same procedure. it'l say ur passport is ready for collection bt dey neva giv away d outcome even on d fone. if status changes bt u havnt gt a call its best 2 call em n jus check.

SAJBHAM
Newly Registered

Post by SAJBHAM » Wed May 06, 2009 10:04 am

HI THERE DESPERATE WIFE. INSHALLAH YOU SHALL GET GOOD NEWS SOON. JUST OUT OF INTEREST> WHEN DID YOU APPLY (SUBMIT PAPER WORK) ?

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Tue May 26, 2009 4:08 pm

Hello

Every body is keep quit on the forum what happend? please update with your stories.

kayaniii

Post by kayaniii » Thu May 28, 2009 8:57 am

yar .. acording to this forum .. many people got refused their visa when they receive interview call lol ... why ????????????

m planing to apply in end of july inshallah just waiting for ma wife's pay slips ... but m scared jus for fuckin interview and that much delay .. :( :(

plzz guys reply me and share yor exp if any of you got visa after your interview call ..

thanks ...

i hope you all guys get wot u deserve inshallah

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Thu May 28, 2009 9:44 am

hi tasawar

thanks so much for keeping in touch.

im still stuck in karachi and no response as of yet...its been now 16 working days (excluding the two May bank holidays in UK).

i dont know....im just soo worried....i thought it will be quick response this time since my finger prints were done again....after 33working days from 9th March when i first filed my application!!

another 30 working days from 5th May will come to end on 17th June.
Do u think it can take that long?

im daily chcking my status on line....and abu dhabi emabssy people are idiots...i can never get through:x

im just also a bit worried since my hubby cud not provide me the original utility bills and hence they hav been submitted as photocopies....what if my visa is rejected on that basis :?

also when i went again on the 5th May for finger print scanning i also submitted extra evidance that we hav been keeping in touch so i submit photocopied of his British and Pakistani passport entry / exit stamps along with e-tickts print outs.

please talk to me as im losing all hope. :cry:

once again thankyou soo much for ur kind consideration and interest to keep in touch...

D_W

asifposter
Newly Registered

Post by asifposter » Fri May 29, 2009 3:56 pm

Leaving.
Last edited by asifposter on Sat May 30, 2009 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 29, 2009 5:09 pm

So you see guys, there are always alot of unfounded rumours flying around. My advice would be to make a direct appointment if you are lucky enough to.

Asif Cool
Sorry to disagree with you, but its not that easy for straight people. You are an exception to that rule. Your advice is beneficial to no one except yourself. God forbid I hope you are not asking other people to do what you did. :roll:

tahire
Newly Registered

Status of application

Post by tahire » Fri May 29, 2009 6:00 pm

hi guys the status to my wifes visa changed to 'application ready for collection' after 7 weeks. do you think this is a good sign? Also the main thing i wanted to ask was will she have to go and collect her passport and docs or can someone from the family go with the recipet and her id card.
also do they give your docs back when u go collect your passport.. thanksss

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Fri May 29, 2009 6:50 pm

I totally agree with batley khan, this case is exceptional this is why he got SPECIAL TREATMENT. I think its totally unfair actually, I'm gonna write a complaint to the BHC in islamabad, and tell them how unfair that is...its not as if this guys life was at risk at gerrys. And living in pakistan you know what peoples reactions are going to be. :x , and surely you should be prepared accept peoples negativity.

I dont wanna offend anyone...but I dont see why they got this special treatment.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat May 30, 2009 10:53 am

I totally agree with batley khan, this case is exceptional this is why he got SPECIAL TREATMENT. I think its totally unfair actually, I'm gonna write a complaint to the BHC in islamabad, and tell them how unfair that is...its not as if this guys life was at risk at gerrys. And living in pakistan you know what peoples reactions are going to be. Mad , and surely you should be prepared accept peoples negativity.

I dont wanna offend anyone...but I dont see why they got this special treatment.
Thanks for your backup Sahdi. I think we should all write to the BHC and complain.It is always typical of Western hypocrisy, that if any Muslim steps out of line or says or does anything that contradicts Islam, they are given preferential treatment. The case of the above is typical.

It is unfair on those people who are normal,that they get messed and kicked around waiting ages for their loved ones decision to be made.

khan85

Post by khan85 » Sat May 30, 2009 11:50 am

Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:56 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salaam everyone

I hope everyone is well and cooking inshallah. As some of you may or may not know my 'wife' was refused a settlement visa in November 2008. The truth is that my wife is actually a 'he' and i'm a he too. I hope I don't offend anyone but Gay Pakistanis and Gay Muslims do exist
errrr no such thing as a "GAY MUSLIM" :roll: didnt you even feel bad tying that ewww!!!!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat May 30, 2009 5:23 pm

Sorry to see you leave Asif. I hope you live happily ever after with your "gay husband". :lol:

I thought your last post which you have now deleted was going to get very interesting. What a pity :D

kayaniii

Post by kayaniii » Sun May 31, 2009 10:31 am

well

i dont belive on this gay's messsage ...

yeh kia bakwas hay hum shadi kar kay bethay hain idher wait kar rahay hain ...

or yeh salay :( :( :( :(

Safina1

Post by Safina1 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:31 pm

i havnt been on ere 4 ages n hav obv missed d 'gay muslim' gup chup. dats a shame i cdv dun wid a laf in d last few wks!

anyway jus tout i'd update ppl who r goin thru appeal cos i had my hearing on 5th may, gt letter on 7th saying its been successful n on approx 15th may d pakistan embassy wrote 2 my husb askin him 2 hand his passport in. dats barely two wks!

so frm application (aug 2008) to passport hand in it'l b approx 9months which is a huge improvement, it tuk my mate 14months 2 gt her husb down thru same procedure last yr.

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:52 pm

hi
just out if interest what were you refused on, if you don't mind me asking.

jazy123
Newly Registered

interview questions

Post by jazy123 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:17 am

hi can anybody provide list of questions that they may ask during the interview.

Sammie

Re: interview questions

Post by Sammie » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:58 am

jazy123 wrote:hi can anybody provide list of questions that they may ask during the interview.
Only those questions will be asked for which the answers can be corroborated, i.e. verified by the paperwork you have submitted with the application. They won't ask questions like what your spouse’s favourite color is or what car they drive. It will be questions like where does your spouse work, how long have they worked here, where is it (which town), what is their position, salary, etc. Who does your spouse live with, how did you meet your spouse, how have you kept in touch, how often? Do you plan to work in the UK, what kind of job you would look for?

Hope this helps…
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!