ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary Proof - Last month in a Company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp12345

Salary Proof - Last month in a Company

Post by hsmp12345 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:18 am

Hi fellow members,

I have recently quit my company and this month (Apr'09) happens to be my last month. The company has actually paid my last salary (final settlement) in bank account(instead of a cheque); however not sure if they will provide me the salary slip for this month (though wud try to get one).

I am on HSMP and would need to go for FLR later this year. As proofs of earnings (salary) for this month I would be able to produce my bank statement as first proof. If I am unable to get the salary slip for this month, what other docs (e.g. P45, settlement document) would be sufficient to claim earnings as second proof.

Any other suggestions are most welcome.

Thank You,
hsmp12345

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Salary Proof - Last month in a Company

Post by yasa » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:57 pm

hsmp12345 wrote:Hi fellow members,

I have recently quit my company and this month (Apr'09) happens to be my last month. The company has actually paid my last salary (final settlement) in bank account(instead of a cheque); however not sure if they will provide me the salary slip for this month (though wud try to get one).

I am on HSMP and would need to go for FLR later this year. As proofs of earnings (salary) for this month I would be able to produce my bank statement as first proof. If I am unable to get the salary slip for this month, what other docs (e.g. P45, settlement document) would be sufficient to claim earnings as second proof.

Any other suggestions are most welcome.

Thank You,
hsmp12345
Is there any way u can get letter from your job about your last payment cuz the settlement letter should cover your net/gross salary otherwise u can use P60 but it must be used in extreme cases...

hope this helps
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:21 pm

yasa wrote:
Is there any way u can get letter from your job about your last payment cuz the settlement letter should cover your net/gross salary otherwise u can use P60 but it must be used in extreme cases...

hope this helps
Thanks yasa,

Though, I would try to get such letter from my company; not very sure if they would issue such a letter. Hence, I wanted to know if there were any other alternatives.

Would p45 be of any use ?

Thank You,
hsmp12345

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:52 pm

P45 would not be of any use as it will be taken by your new employer.
Since company has already paid your the money, they should ideally give either payslip for this month or amount details in the settlement letter.

You can use settlement letter for your extension.
hsmp12345 wrote:
yasa wrote:

hope this helps
Thanks yasa,

Though, I would try to get such letter from my company; not very sure if they would issue such a letter. Hence, I wanted to know if there were any other alternatives.

Would p45 be of any use ?

Thank You,
hsmp12345

bani

Post by bani » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:58 pm

chetanojha wrote:P45 would not be of any use as it will be taken by your new employer.
Since company has already paid your the money, they should ideally give either payslip for this month or amount details in the settlement letter.

P45 has three parts, you get to keep one part so that should be useful. However, I agree with everyone that a pay slip or a letter would be better because it's the standard used.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:28 pm

P45 just shows how much tax paid till date and on what amount. It will not show break-up of your salary.
It could be a case where amount shown in P45 is much lesser than what you have been actually earning. Many companies follow practise where they pay allowance in UK and basic salary in India, in such cases P45 reflects very low income.

Thats why I said P45 is of not use to you as you cannot gauge the earnings from it.
bani wrote:
chetanojha wrote:P45 would not be of any use as it will be taken by your new employer.

P45 has three parts, you get to keep one part so that should be useful. However, I agree with everyone that a pay slip or a letter would be better because it's the standard used.

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:56 pm

chetanojha wrote:P45 just shows how much tax paid till date and on what amount. It will not show break-up of your salary.
It could be a case where amount shown in P45 is much lesser than what you have been actually earning. Many companies follow practise where they pay allowance in UK and basic salary in India, in such cases P45 reflects very low income.

Thats why I said P45 is of not use to you as you cannot gauge the earnings from it.
bani wrote:

Thanks fellas,

I appreciate your valuable inputs. In that case I assume, a letter from employer stating this payment should suffice payslip for this month (though will try to get salary slip in first case)

Thank You,
hsmp12345

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Fri May 01, 2009 12:00 pm

hsmp12345 wrote:
chetanojha wrote:P45 just shows how much tax paid till date and on what amount. It will not show break-up of your salary.

bani wrote:

Thanks fellas,

I appreciate your valuable inputs. In that case I assume, a letter from employer stating this payment should suffice payslip for this month (though will try to get salary slip in first case)

Thank You,
hsmp12345
Its worth trying
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================