ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport cross referrence & finger scanning

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

peterpiper
Newly Registered

Passport cross referrence & finger scanning

Post by peterpiper » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:10 pm

lets say if I've got my passport being processed for entry clearance and given biometrics etc, what would happen if I tried to enter the UK on an emergency passport with a visitors visa for a week?

Do they scan fingers?

Would the fact that you have an application under review, would that be in jeopardy?

Would they cross reference the passports?

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:51 am

Don't try and deceive us, you won't win.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: Passport cross referrence & finger scanning

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:27 am

peterpiper wrote:Would the fact that you have an application under review, would that be in jeopardy?
It depends on the type of application, to state the obvious.

If you are a family member of an EU citizen, who you are travelling with or to join, then you can enter the UK as many times as you want. In general the UK has a requirement that you have an EEA family permit, but they are also required to admit you if you do not have one as long as you are travelling with or joining your EU citizen family member (and can prove the relationship).

What kind of entry clearance have you already applied for? Why do you want to go to so much effort to enter the UK for only a week?

peterpiper
Newly Registered

Post by peterpiper » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:41 am

haha - OK, looking at it, it did look a little suspect... No wonder UKBAbble said what he/she did.

I'm waiting for entry clearance. It's not "so much effort" but I'm in Europe and will need to spend a couple of weeks in London to sort a couple of personal matters before going back to work around Europe.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:22 am

Well, if you provide some more details then people might be able to suggest options. At this point, I suspect you are not a family member of an EU citizen, so entry without a visa is not an option...

peterpiper
Newly Registered

Post by peterpiper » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:25 pm

I thought as a visitor I could enter without a visa? I'm from New Zealand and as I understand/understood it was we didn't need a visa to visit?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:47 pm

What are you applying for?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Re: Passport cross referrence & finger scanning

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:10 pm

You were referring to a visitor's visa when you said:
peterpiper wrote:what would happen if I tried to enter the UK on an emergency passport with a visitors visa for a week?
As far as I understand, visitors from NZ do not require a visa when visiting the UK. It depends on how much they have recently been in the UK and whether the officer at the border believes you will leave at the end of the week.

But, as was just asked, what entry clearance have you already applied for? And how long ago did you apply for it?