ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2nd application for wifes visa confused pls help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sami1819
Newly Registered

2nd application for wifes visa confused pls help

Post by sami1819 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:39 pm

m uk born going to submit visa for wife, First time I was refused and then refuse again at the appeal (whole process took 9 months).

The first application which was on my self emplyment as I have a removal business on my name which I was running with my father, and I didnt submit payslips etc.

since the last 12 month I stopped working as self employment and went into employment at a company(sainsburys and gap). and I am going to lodge the fresh application on the income I get from these two retailer

the business is still on my name but my dad runs it on hes own I dont get no income from the business, only from my two jobs I do

My question is it necessary for me to transfer the business on my dads name and show that this has been done in my fresh application. or do I need a letter from my dad saying he runs it

the reason why I asked this is because as the business is on my name they may want too see that taxes are up to date with this business I had submitted in my first application as they may think its still a source of income for me if I dont show that my dad is the one who runs it.

Im confused about this so please anyone with knowledge about this pls reply because I dont want to go through the heartbreak of the visa being refused again weve been apart for 18 months

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:29 pm

Whether you transfer the business or not will have nothing to do with your wife's application if you are now in full time employment now.

However for HM Inspectorate of Tax purposes, you should transfer the business onto your dads name, otherwise they will chase you up for unpaid tax. Let your dad who is running the business sort it with them and pay the apropiate tax himself.

As regards yourself you will need at least 3 months wage slips, letter of employment stating what job you do, how many hours you work and what your pay is. A P60 would do nicely if you get one in time.

Beside this 6 months of bank savings statements showing a minimum of £2500. Housing letter/report, as well as details of your contact with your wife etc.

A properly prepared application with the correct documents should do the trick for you. Don't hurry with your application, make sure everything is 100% right otherwise you will be most likely refused again and stay a further 12 months apart from your wife

dear batley khan

Post by 2036789 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:24 pm

thanks for your reply, so if my dads has missed tax payment will it affect my visa will they even check this
MM

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:23 am

thanks for your reply, so if my dads has missed tax payment will it affect my visa will they even check this
No . The only thing the ECO will look at is whether what you are earning from your two jobs is sufficient to support you and your wife and how that income is derived ( meaning how its earned). Your wage slips and letter of employment and a P60 WHICH YOU WILL ATTACH WITH YOUR APPLICATION will show this. That is the only thing they will look at.

My earlier comment was referring to the problems that you might have with Inland Revenue in the future over who owns the business and who is running it and who is making the money out it.

frances2

Post by frances2 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:39 pm

batleykhan wrote: Beside this 6 months of bank savings statements showing a minimum of £2500.
I didn't realise there was an exact sum that had to be shown on bank statements? I thought it was more about showing you incoming and outgoing money each month, and that there was enough to support another person.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:54 pm

I didn't realise there was an exact sum that had to be shown on bank statements? I thought it was more about showing you incoming and outgoing money each month, and that there was enough to support another person.
I agree there is no minimum or maximum amount you have to show in your bank statement, and I agree that you have to show you can support another person.

However the ECO needs to be satisfied that you have a steady income as well as some saving set aside just in case of a rainy day. From past experience I have realised that the more savings you have the better chance you have of succeeding with your application. I have known several people whose application were turned down on this specific point.

The figure I have quoted is a reasonable amount that can be shown to show that you have a reasonable income coming in after paying all the outgoings you have shown you can save some of the money.

Post by 2036789 » Mon May 18, 2009 11:51 pm

my lawyer said to bring some proof to show that your business is being run by my dad now such as a letter from my dad, i dont know if he is just complicating the matter
MM