ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-Person applicants experiences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ssvgopal

Post by ssvgopal » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:33 pm

For appointment, they'll just take your name and details. No payment is expected upfront. In case you don't need it, you can call and cancel.
If you've read the PEO guidelines on bia website, its all clearly documented. On the day of the visit, they'll check your documents and if they see your application is valid and completed, then they will accept payment of fees. Only then will the application process proceed.

Regards,
Sai

dhalok
Newly Registered

HSMP- tier1 switch renewal

Post by dhalok » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:41 am

hi niruv...

my hsmp visa is going to expire in feb 2010 and i need to switch into tier 1.

Also i need to apply immediately as i am not sure if i would meet the earnings requirement at a later stage.

Can you please confirm that your friend, whose visa was going to expire in feb 2010 had got his visa renewed?

i have heard that they do not allow you to apply for extension more than 5 weeks in advance??

Please guide

push
United Kingdom

Re: HSMP- tier1 switch renewal

Post by push » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:44 am

dhalok wrote:hi niruv...

my hsmp visa is going to expire in feb 2010 and i need to switch into tier 1.

Also i need to apply immediately as i am not sure if i would meet the earnings requirement at a later stage.

Can you please confirm that your friend, whose visa was going to expire in feb 2010 had got his visa renewed?

i have heard that they do not allow you to apply for extension more than 5 weeks in advance??

Please guide
There have been a number of ppl on this board who have confirmed that you can apply well in advance. See this
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

dhalok
Newly Registered

Post by dhalok » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:37 pm

Thanks push_hsmp for the link.

I hope mine gets extended too :)

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:56 pm

dhalok wrote:Thanks push_hsmp for the link.

I hope mine gets extended too :)
Going by the smooth approvals in this regard, there should be no problem whatsoever, I reckon. All the best.
regards,
push

dellfan

Re: Managed to get an appointment!

Post by dellfan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:41 pm

bonvivz wrote:
bonvivz wrote:Hello Guys!...

Managed to get an appointment for 2nd of June @ Birmingham for Extension under Tier-1

Can you guys please share if any experiences @ this center.

Regards,

Bon
Adding to that... she just asked my name and date of birth and given a reference number, quite amazed thought she'd ask for the passport number.

Regards,

bon
Hi Bon,
Have you had any reply from any forum members. My extension is in July and i am thinking of going for extension in the last week of June and thinking of going to Birmingham PEO.

I am wondering whenever we are calling Customer Services for appoitment they keep on saying that all the slots are booked but there is no post on this forums from any members with there experience (execpt one from niruv). ''Are the Customer service pepole bluffing?'' To make us call there expensive 0870 number so that they get as many calls they can and get money out of us.

bonvivz

Re: Managed to get an appointment!

Post by bonvivz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:52 pm

dellfan wrote:
bonvivz wrote:
bonvivz wrote:Hello Guys!...

Managed to get an appointment for 2nd of June @ Birmingham for Extension under Tier-1

Can you guys please share if any experiences @ this center.

Regards,

Bon
Adding to that... she just asked my name and date of birth and given a reference number, quite amazed thought she'd ask for the passport number.

Regards,

bon
Hi Bon,
Have you had any reply from any forum members. My extension is in July and i am thinking of going for extension in the last week of June and thinking of going to Birmingham PEO.

I am wondering whenever we are calling Customer Services for appoitment they keep on saying that all the slots are booked but there is no post on this forums from any members with there experience (execpt one from niruv). ''Are the Customer service pepole bluffing?'' To make us call there expensive 0870 number so that they get as many calls they can and get money out of us.
I will post my experience in detail in June first thats when is my appointment. Regarding booking the appointment.. I called at 8:59/9:00 dott.. I hardly had to wait it went straight to the customer representative, I got the appointment straight for 9am.

khubs

in person applications not suitable for extensions????

Post by khubs » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:01 pm

HI,

I was going through the UKBA site and came across this link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... available/

it mentions that same day applications are not applicaple to people who want to apply for extenions from hsmp..but i believe many people are going for it???

Am confused as am planning to apply for the same one...

pls. share your views.

Thnx

push
United Kingdom

Re: in person applications not suitable for extensions????

Post by push » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:01 am

khubs wrote:HI,

it mentions that same day applications are not applicaple to people who want to apply for extenions from hsmp..but i believe many people are going for it???

pls. share your views.

Thnx
You can very much apply. In fact when you call them to book an appointment, they ask if you intend to extend from HSMP?
regards,
push

khubs

Re: in person applications not suitable for extensions????

Post by khubs » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:58 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
khubs wrote:HI,

pls. share your views.

Thnx
You can very much apply. In fact when you call them to book an appointment, they ask if you intend to extend from HSMP?
THANKS FOR THIS...I WONDER Y UKBA HAS PUT THIS CONFLICTING INFO. ON SITE THEN...NEWAZ THANKS :)

CSK

Post by CSK » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:40 pm

guys

Today i managed to get an appointment for my extn (hsmp) on 20th june at croydon..

They took my name, DOB, contact no. and gave a ref. number.

Has anyone got any appointments on june at croydon?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:13 pm

CSK wrote:guys

Today i managed to get an appointment for my extn (hsmp) on 20th june at croydon..

do you not mean 10 June 09. The 20th is a Saturday

CSK

Post by CSK » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:49 pm

@f2k,

You are right, its 10th !!! :roll:

Thanks..

pubmania
Newly Registered

PEO appointments

Post by pubmania » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:32 am

Hi guys,

I called the PEO contact no. today and was told that there are no appointments available in any of the offices.

Has anyone managed to get an appointment anywhere at all today for HSMP extension applications??

Thanks

pubmania
Newly Registered

Post by pubmania » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:34 am

CSK wrote:guys

Just wanted to know at what time did u call to get an appmt??Thanks in advance.

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:05 am

Appointments are running out very quickly, so try to call them dot at 09:00 am, a delay of even 5 mins will take you to a recorded message of "All our agents are busy" and by the time you manage to connect to them all the appointments are gone.

@CSK - I have managed to get an appointment in June at Croydon. Let me know how your application goes.

debz

Visa extension (including stamping in 1 and half hr)

Post by debz » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:55 pm

I got my HSMP visa (non JR) extended ystrday from Glasgow PEO. Thanks to those in this forum who helped me with answer to my queries..

I thought that it will be a good idea to share my experience with all of you here..

My husband who too has his own HSMP visa also applied for extension ystrday at Glasgow PEO (we took 2 appos.. his old visa is valid till 18th June and mine till 23rd May)..

We had appo at 9am.. So, we reached the PEO sharp at 9 and underwent the security formalities (bag check, etc).. we were given our ticket numbers.. (mine was '001' and his was '002').. we were shown the waiting area and were asked to wait (till our no. was being called)..

At 9:15am I was called at a counter.. the person at the counter asked me abt the kind of visa I'm applying for.. he then asked for my application form and passport.. he had a look at those and then asked for my supporting docs.. I had the whole bunch ready (section-wise with cover letter on top of each) and handed it over to him.. he told me wait in the waiting area for 10-15 mins and have some tea/coffee till he calls me again.. he added that he wanted to look at my docs.. I told him that I'm ready to wait there (in front of him) in case he needs any clarification.. but he said that's not reqd.. I told him that each section has cover letter and left for the waiting area..

At 9:27am I was called again at the counter.. the man said that my case has been approved and that they have decided to grant me an extension of 3 yrs.. I could not believe my ears (as I didnt expect it to be so fast :D ).. he told that I will be called at the other counter to pay the fees..

By the time I left the document submission counter, I was called at the payment counter.. I did not fill in the payment details in the form as I thought that I was going to pay in-person.. but the guy at the counter told that I need to fill in those details though I pay up entering the PIN in the m/c.. so, did accordingly and paid up 1020 pounds.. he told me to wait in the waiting area till my no. is called again..

At around 9:45am, I was called again at another counter (which had 'premium service caseworker' or something written on it).. the person at that counter had a very quick look at my application and docs and said that he need to photocopy some pages and keep.. I was asked to be seated there itself and wait for him.. he came back in arnd 10 mins and told that photocopying is a hectic job.. I was thinking to myself that I had submitted more docs and made the poor soul's job worse maybe.. he told that I may need to wait for around 40 mins at the waiting area till the visa stamping is done..

At around 10:30am, I was called at another counter where I was handed over my passport with the extension visa on it..

My husband faced the same round of processes and got his visa stamped by around 11am..

I saw two other candidates going thru the same process.. but after they submitted their docs and waited for 10-15 mins, they were told by the guy at the submission counter that his colleague is going to take a closer look at thier case and get back.. not sure abt their visa category or the factors determining approval process speed..

As the process was over for both of us and we collected our mobile, umbrella, etc from the secrity counter and left.. the staffs at the Glasgow PEO has very good sense of humour and are very friendly and helpful.. the person at the security counter even came out of the building to give us the direction to the science museum..

our return ticket was booked for the 6:40pm train (to London).. the science museum was closed so we landed up watching 3 movies :lol: (as we didnt want to move arnd much with laptop & clothes' bag)..

Debz here.

pubmania
Newly Registered

Post by pubmania » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:07 pm

Wow...that was real quick!!!
Must be such a relief...Congrats guys!!!

CSK

Post by CSK » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:56 pm

@pubmania

you got to dial in by 8.59 and keep waiting..initially if u dial before 9 am the recorded voice says the "offices open after 9 am blah blah blah"...but if u dial at arnd 8.59 / 9 exactly then the recorded voice changes...then it puts u in the queue..i did try lik ths for 2 days and my luck struck on 3rd day when i got my appointment easily..if u dial in later than 9 am u wont be abl to get anytg except waiting in the queue..

al de best...

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:15 pm

which PEO center is best. I mean by staff's helpfulness etc.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:31 pm

psdesai wrote:which PEO center is best. I mean by staff's helpfulness etc.
I think it is hard to say. for starters you wont find many people who have been to more than 1. so most pples experience is for the one that they attended and they are not in a good position to compare. Also it all depends on who dealt with your case, you might get to go the 'best' PEO and get the 'worst' pple there dealing with your case.
Point to note is there is the way the appointments are going it may actually be hard to chose, its normally the first one that you are offered is the one that you take

bonvivz

Re: Visa extension (including stamping in 1 and half hr)

Post by bonvivz » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:56 pm

debz wrote:I got my HSMP visa (non JR) extended ystrday from Glasgow PEO. Thanks to those in this forum who helped me with answer to my queries..

I thought that it will be a good idea to share my experience with all of you here..

My husband who too has his own HSMP visa also applied for extension ystrday at Glasgow PEO (we took 2 appos.. his old visa is valid till 18th June and mine till 23rd May)..

We had appo at 9am.. So, we reached the PEO sharp at 9 and underwent the security formalities (bag check, etc).. we were given our ticket numbers.. (mine was '001' and his was '002').. we were shown the waiting area and were asked to wait (till our no. was being called)..

At 9:15am I was called at a counter.. the person at the counter asked me abt the kind of visa I'm applying for.. he then asked for my application form and passport.. he had a look at those and then asked for my supporting docs.. I had the whole bunch ready (section-wise with cover letter on top of each) and handed it over to him.. he told me wait in the waiting area for 10-15 mins and have some tea/coffee till he calls me again.. he added that he wanted to look at my docs.. I told him that I'm ready to wait there (in front of him) in case he needs any clarification.. but he said that's not reqd.. I told him that each section has cover letter and left for the waiting area..

At 9:27am I was called again at the counter.. the man said that my case has been approved and that they have decided to grant me an extension of 3 yrs.. I could not believe my ears (as I didnt expect it to be so fast :D ).. he told that I will be called at the other counter to pay the fees..

By the time I left the document submission counter, I was called at the payment counter.. I did not fill in the payment details in the form as I thought that I was going to pay in-person.. but the guy at the counter told that I need to fill in those details though I pay up entering the PIN in the m/c.. so, did accordingly and paid up 1020 pounds.. he told me to wait in the waiting area till my no. is called again..

At around 9:45am, I was called again at another counter (which had 'premium service caseworker' or something written on it).. the person at that counter had a very quick look at my application and docs and said that he need to photocopy some pages and keep.. I was asked to be seated there itself and wait for him.. he came back in arnd 10 mins and told that photocopying is a hectic job.. I was thinking to myself that I had submitted more docs and made the poor soul's job worse maybe.. he told that I may need to wait for around 40 mins at the waiting area till the visa stamping is done..

At around 10:30am, I was called at another counter where I was handed over my passport with the extension visa on it..

My husband faced the same round of processes and got his visa stamped by around 11am..

I saw two other candidates going thru the same process.. but after they submitted their docs and waited for 10-15 mins, they were told by the guy at the submission counter that his colleague is going to take a closer look at thier case and get back.. not sure abt their visa category or the factors determining approval process speed..

As the process was over for both of us and we collected our mobile, umbrella, etc from the secrity counter and left.. the staffs at the Glasgow PEO has very good sense of humour and are very friendly and helpful.. the person at the security counter even came out of the building to give us the direction to the science museum..

our return ticket was booked for the 6:40pm train (to London).. the science museum was closed so we landed up watching 3 movies :lol: (as we didnt want to move arnd much with laptop & clothes' bag)..

Debz here.
Debz,

Fabulous news! Congrats! thsi boosts everyones confidence.

Cheers for the detailed explanation.

bonvivz

Tricky One!

Post by bonvivz » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:06 pm

Guys,

Heres a tricky one, need your advise on this. Now watching the timelines for Chennai BHC and I will be applying from VFS Hyderabad, its taking ages according to the experiences posted by folks here.

Now can you pour in some thoughts if we can apply from other centers like VFS Ahmedabad/Bombay, i currently assume we have to go the nearest VFS available to your hometown. Can you guys correct me i am wrong?

Thanks

bon

Soham1981
Newly Registered

Re: Visa extension (including stamping in 1 and half hr)

Post by Soham1981 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:14 pm

Hi debz

Thank you for your information.

I have book mine on 28/05/09 at Glasgow for HSMP to Tier 1 Extension.

I am applying with my wife and our visa expires on 12/07/2009.

We are going approx 6 week in advance.

Can i ask you one question?

Your tier 1 visa extended from date of application or from your visa expiry date?

Thank You very much.

Regards
Soham
debz wrote:I got my HSMP visa (non JR) extended ystrday from Glasgow PEO. Thanks to those in this forum who helped me with answer to my queries..

Debz here.

pubmania
Newly Registered

Post by pubmania » Fri May 01, 2009 9:11 am

Called PEO office today....still did not manage to get an appmt,they say everything is booked until 12th of june...even though i called at 8.58 sharp...:(