ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2010 - 11 UK Applicants Timelines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lak3909

Re: Finally approved

Post by lak3909 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:06 pm

aaammmiii wrote:Hi All,

I would like to thank the forum members for this great detailed information.
Type: HSMP to Tier1 (non-JR)
Applied: 19Mar2009
Fees Deducted: 20Mar2009
Ref letter: 23Mar2009
Change of Circu... sent: 16Apr2009
Application approved: 22Apr2009
Received: 25Apr2009
Valid till: 22Apr2012

Used Halifax Regular Saver as a proof for Maintenance funds.

Thanks a lot. :D
did the HO contact Employer and if yes when ?
My HR was contact ed on 24th April and trying to figure out approximate time for next HO action

VK82

Post by VK82 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:44 am

lak3909 wrote:

My HR was contact ed on 24th April and trying to figure out approximate time for next HO action
HO normally stamps your passport same day once the verification is done with the employer and its conclusive.

Good luck!

FZ

Post by FZ » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:58 am

saqib389 wrote:Hello there..

Is there any one else waiting who applied before 12th march ? and if you called what they said to you.....

Thanks
Saqib
Yes Saqib i have applied on 5th of March and the details are as follow

6/04/09 - App Received by Ho
8 Or 9/04/09 – Ho rang my emp
21/04/09 – Adviser - App is being treated as normal application i will hear from ho
22/04/09 – Application initially has been considered & Awaiting for further consideration/checks (has to pass trough stages)
23/04/09 –Awaiting for further consideration (some one has checked and decided? but waiting for further consideration)
24/04/09 – Awaiting for further consideration
27/04/09 – Awaiting for further consideration

What about you ???
Last edited by FZ on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

FZ

Post by FZ » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:14 am

miki wrote:Update .............
Timelines..

Category: HSMP to Tier 1 (Extention)
Applied: 18 Feb 2009
Reached HO as Dated on Ref. letter : 19th Feb 2009
Visa Expired: 5 March 2009
Visa Status:
Before 2nd Apr(No idea abt exact date) - Recv. call from Homeoffice to my employer.
2nd Apr (6 weeks completed) - Awaiting Further Consideration
3rd Apr - Under Consideration (Morning)
6th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
7th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
8th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
9th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
14th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
15th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
16th Apr - Under Consideration (Evening)
17th Apr - Under Consideration (Evening)
20th Apr - Under Consideration (Evening)
21st Apr - Under Consideration (Evening)
Hi Miki

Any good news/further move man ???

lak3909

Post by lak3909 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:17 am

VK82 wrote:
lak3909 wrote:

HO normally stamps your passport same day once the verification is done with the employer and its conclusive.

Good luck!
Thanks VK82,

I hope all goes through well.

I was thinking that if they had to reject they would have done before verifying with my employer- woudnt they? Please give me your thoughts

Last year my application was rejected my applictaion just with a day dip in my mainatance of funds... and i dont thinkthey contacted my HR and rejected my application quickly....

Another question is i moved home recently- the bank statements are referering to old address . Although my correspondence address is office addresss... ia m still worried if they they check with my bank now- they will get the new address (as i have changed with my bank). Should i inform the Home office about change of residence address?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:48 am

lak3909 wrote:
Thanks VK82,

I was thinking that if they had to reject they would have done before verifying with my employer- woudnt they? Please give me your thoughts

Last year my application was rejected my applictaion just with a day dip in my mainatance of funds... and i dont thinkthey contacted my HR and rejected my application quickly....

Another question is i moved home recently- the bank statements are referering to old address . Although my correspondence address is office addresss... ia m still worried if they they check with my bank now- they will get the new address (as i have changed with my bank). Should i inform the Home office about change of residence address?
Hi lak...

change of home address should not be of any problem as in the points of eligibility address of the home is one of the categories apart from having original Bankstatements and NAME of the applicant...
cheers

ssm_73
Newly Registered

WP to Tier 1 General

Post by ssm_73 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:55 am

WP to Tier 1 General:

App Sent - 23 March
Payment cleared & Acknowledgement (Ref no) - 26 March
Employer verification (call & email) - 23 April
Employer responded - 23 April
LTR approved (& with effect from) - 24 April (Friday)
Despatched by Sp Delivery - 27 April (Monday)
Received - 28 April

Tier 1 LTR issued for 3 years.

- Application was quite straight forward
- Urgent treatment requested on 20 April by Fax (on account of business travel)
- The assessing team seems reasonable in considering valid requests and processing promptly.

Best wishes to all.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: WP to Tier 1 General

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:00 pm

ssm_73 wrote:WP to Tier 1 General:

App Sent - 23 March
Payment cleared & Acknowledgement (Ref no) - 26 March
Employer verification (call & email) - 23 April
Employer responded - 23 April
LTR approved (& with effect from) - 24 April (Friday)
Despatched by Sp Delivery - 27 April (Monday)
Received - 28 April

Tier 1 LTR issued for 3 years.

- Application was quite straight forward
- Urgent treatment requested on 20 April by Fax (on account of business travel)
- The assessing team seems reasonable in considering valid requests and processing promptly.

Best wishes to all.
Congrats ssm_73.. with the help of the valid UT.. you got the visa in exactly 1month.. wish you good luck on ur future stay in UK
cheers

sashi

Post by sashi » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:09 pm

Congrats ssm_73,

What was reason you have provided for UT and could pls let me know the home office fax number.

I have applied for my dependents visa (tier 1) on 2nd April and i have leave UK on 10th may i am not sure whether i t will the approval that time or not?Planning to apply for urgent traatment .Could you please details.

It looks home offie taking same time for Tier 1 application and Tier 1 depents applicatios (when appliled seperately)

djang0
Newly Registered

Post by djang0 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:24 pm

Hi friends,

I am in a similar situation as Miki and few others on this forum. I applied for tier 1 on the 9th of March, but my case is still under consideration for 3 straight weeks now. I am calling them daily and only twice it has gone to AFC but switched back to UC within half an hour. I have provided all the necessary documents (original) and the CC agent said that the case worker has accepted all my documents and isn't expecting any more evidence.

Can any senior member advice me what could be going on with my application? I can't check with my employer either as they don't appreciate me switching from WP to tier1.

Please help......

VK82

Post by VK82 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:14 pm

lak3909 wrote:
VK82 wrote:
lak3909 wrote:

Good luck!
Thanks VK82,

Hi lak 3909, normally after employer verification HO approves the application once they get the positive feedback. Employer verification means all aspects of your application are fine and thats the last thing they want to check (according to me, not documented anywhere). Your bank statements seems fine to me. I think your application should be fine and you will get positive news soon.
Good luck!

FZ

Post by FZ » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:33 am

djang0 wrote:Hi friends,

I am in a similar situation as Miki and few others on this forum. I applied for tier 1 on the 9th of March, but my case is still under consideration for 3 straight weeks now. I am calling them daily and only twice it has gone to AFC but switched back to UC within half an hour. I have provided all the necessary documents (original) and the CC agent said that the case worker has accepted all my documents and isn't expecting any more evidence.

Can any senior member advice me what could be going on with my application? I can't check with my employer either as they don't appreciate me switching from WP to tier1.

Please help......
Same situation here, i have sent my app on 5th of March and still waiting and geting the same answer (Awaiting for further consideration) i dont know what they are doing
Can you please explain the meaning of the AFC & UC

FZ

Post by FZ » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:38 am

VK82 wrote:
lak3909 wrote:
VK82 wrote:
lak3909 wrote: did the HO contact Employer and if yes when ?

Good luck!
Thanks VK82,

Hi lak 3909, normally after employer verification HO approves the application once they get the positive feedback. Employer verification means all aspects of your application are fine and thats the last thing they want to check (according to me, not documented anywhere). Your bank statements seems fine to me. I think your application should be fine and you will get positive news soon.
Good luck!
I dont think that the emp verification is the last thing, dont know but just guessing since in my case ho got ref: from my emp in first week of April and i am still wating to get the ho reply

vt_76

Post by vt_76 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:57 am

Hi

I am still waiting applied last week of Feb, HO got it first week of March.

Apr 20 th my employer sent letter back confirming details requested by HO. I called today morning and still same status.

How did you know status is AFC?, I get same answer everytime eventhough I try to ask in different ways.

Miki, any change in your status?, I am worried now as my visa expires on Jun 14th..I am not sure what is wrong, I think I have submitted all documents correctly.

Thanks,
VT

djang0 wrote:Hi friends,

Please help......

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:02 am

hi, same with me ..i applied last week on feb and my application has been in AFC since alomost 3 weeks now.....dont know the reason.
:-)

lak3909

Post by lak3909 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:12 pm

Good luck!
I dont think that the emp verification is the last thing, dont know but just guessing since in my case ho got ref: from my emp in first week of April and i am still wating to get the ho reply
Employer verification was doen on 24th April-
and for today it is 6 weeks - so i called them for an update of my application
- The agent said- the status says"Awaiting consideration"

Can anyone please share your thoughts on what "awaiting consideration " means ?

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:29 pm

Application Date: Jan 14
Awaiting further consideration/Awaiting consideration: From Feb 27 - Apr 27
Under consideration: Apr 28
Approved: Apr 28

I think my visa was one of those lost in a cabinet somewhere. Sent urgent requests on the 14th and 16th. That was the week employer verification was finally done; just a simple 30 minute call. They only asked - Did this person work here? What was the range of the last salary received? Took them 16 weeks to manage that!

If you've been waiting too long, send an urgent request, no matter how stupid you think the request may sound. MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE in your urgent treatment letter that you don't want your application withdrawn under any circumstances! I also sent a complaint letter last week.

Best of luck to everyone waiting.
Last edited by flygirl on Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lak3909

Post by lak3909 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:06 pm

flygirl wrote:Application Date: Jan 14

I think my visa was one of those lost in a cabinet somewhere. Sent urgent requests on the 14th and 16th. That was the week employer verification was finally done; just a simple 30 minute call. They only asked - Did this person work here? What was the range of the last salary received? Took them 16 weeks to manage that!

If you've been waiting too long, send an urgent request, no matter how stupid you think the request may sound. I also sent a complaint letter last week.

Hi Flygirl,
I aske dthm if i can send an urgent treatment on phone- the agent said- then they will return the applciation and I may have to reapply again .

Can you please advise- 1) Urgent request to send to which number/ which email?
2) should the urgent request need me to explain the reason adn give evidence of teh reason
3) I would liek to complain to HO of these delays and their pathetic answers on phone.... Which address did you send it to?
Thanks in advance

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:07 pm

flygirl wrote:Application Date: Jan 14

If you've been waiting too long, send an urgent request, no matter how stupid you think the request may sound. I also sent a complaint letter last week.

Congrats flygirl. At last you can heave a sigh of relief! Still waiting, told it's on extended checks, whatever that means......praying for the best.
Good things come to those who wait.................

kams19

Post by kams19 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:11 pm

Congrats Flygal.. even im thinking of requesting an urgent treatment as some personal stuff is pending on the visa approval. i have submitted on 16march, much later than few others on this forum. But have also seen people who have submitted on 24mar getting their visa before, while my app still remains waiting for consideration.

if u can guide us all on the UT, it will be really great of u.
Cheers,
kams

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm

lak3909 wrote: Hi Flygirl,
I aske dthm if i can send an urgent treatment on phone- the agent said- then they will return the applciation and I may have to reapply again .

Can you please advise- 1) Urgent request to send to which number/ which email?
2) should the urgent request need me to explain the reason adn give evidence of teh reason
3) I would liek to complain to HO of these delays and their pathetic answers on phone.... Which address did you send it to?
Thanks in advance
When you request UT, you should state that you do not want your application withdrawn under any circumstances. Or else if you say you need to travel on business by May 1, if they are unable to rectify it by May 1, they may send your passport back to you as they'll assume you have to travel.

1) Ring HO and ask them for a fax number to which you can send urgent treatment request. The number may be different depending on where your documents are located.
2) I gave a reason, but no evidence. Just a simple letter.
3) To make a complaint: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... complaint/

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:53 pm

kams19 wrote:Congrats Flygal.. even im thinking of requesting an urgent treatment as some personal stuff is pending on the visa approval. i have submitted on 16march, much later than few others on this forum. But have also seen people who have submitted on 24mar getting their visa before, while my app still remains waiting for consideration.

Cheers,
kams
It's up to HO to decide whether or not to consider your urgent treatment application, so it's worth a try. Just state your personal reasons and also add that you do want your application withdrawn for any reason.

I don't think my reasons may have been the best in the world. I think the letter was just a reminder to them that they've forgotten my application somewhere and it's been 15 weeks. They might or might not not have acted on it if I had sent it say around 6 weeks.

Best of luck
Last edited by flygirl on Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kams19

Post by kams19 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:55 pm

flygirl wrote:
kams19 wrote:Congrats Flygal.. even im thinking of requesting an urgent treatment as some personal stuff is pending on the visa approval. i have submitted on 16march, much later than few others on this forum. But have also seen people who have submitted on 24mar getting their visa before, while my app still remains waiting for consideration.

Cheers,
kams
It's up to HO to decide whether or not to consider your urgent treatment application, so it's worth a try. Just state your personal reasons and also add that you do want your application withdrawn for any reason.

Best of luck
Thanks for the help flygal, will wait till this weekend and send the UT next monday, as it completes 8weeks then.

EXplorer_UK
Newly Registered

Post by EXplorer_UK » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:32 pm

Application: WP to Tier 1
Docs Sent: 17 March
HO Received: 18 March
Credit Card: 18 March
Reference Ltr : 19 March
Approved: 28 April
Passport/Docs Returned to me: 30 April

Guys..
Got my Tier 1 approved.
After waiting patiently for 6 weeks(which expired yesterday) I made a call today to HO from my workplace. I was waiting for a reply like 'awaiting considerartion or further considrt' which I have read a lot on this forum and then do nothing.
But instead I got a reply saying that a package has been dispatched ystrday.
Immediately I chckd the Post website to track my special delivery which said they left a card as I was not at home.
I ran to post office and collected the parcel.
The passport was open with the visa visible from outside while opening it.
Big relief.....
Did not get upliftment for Indian salary.

Thanks a ton to all those who help others with their advice, suggestions and kind words.

miki

Post by miki » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:06 pm

FZ wrote:
miki wrote:Update .............
Timelines..

Visa Status:
Before 2nd Apr(No idea abt exact date) - Recv. call from Homeoffice to my employer.
3rd Apr - Under Consideration (Morning)
6th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
7th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
8th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
9th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
14th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
15th Apr - Under Consideration (Morning & Evening)
16th Apr - Under Consideration (Evening)
17th Apr - Under Consideration (Evening)
20th Apr - Under Consideration (Evening)
21st Apr - Under Consideration (Evening)
Hi Miki

Any good news/further move man ???

Update .............
Timelines..

Visa Status:
3rd April to 29th April - Under Consideration
30th April - Awaiting further consideration

Spoke to B'ham high comminsion about any enquiry from HO as my case is related to lost passport but they didn't recv. any enquiry.

Finally status is changed after alomst a month ..Don't know I should be happy about it ??? :D

Congratulations Flygirl !!

Is your application was complicated in any way ?

Even I am thinking to complain about my case as I have sent UT and requested to send all docs by 30th and also sent flight tickets dated 2nd May.

Actually forgot to specify about withdrawn point in any circumstances.

Any idea what will happen if HO will withdraw my case and send all docs by Saturday as my visa is expired long back?