ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP (prior Nov 06) Dependant visa - Urget advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Saf
Newly Registered

Post by Saf » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:52 pm

Dear All,

I fall under the category of HSMP and am an applicant who obtained an HSMP visa prior to 7 November 2006.

I am now applying for my wife who is currently in Pakistan. Please can you advise which forms should I use for her application:

ie.

A) VAF2 (employment category) application form . or

B) Application form VAF10 PBS- Dependent.

Also in the new tier 1 category there is a clause for maintaining funds of at least £800+£533 at any given time. I have sufficient funds in my account however the balance had fallen under that level for a period of one week. Do I need to maintainn the fund under the old HSMP category as I am not applying for the visa under Tier 1. Please can you advise.

Thank you and Kind regards

ALee_80

Re: HSMP (prior Nov 06) Dependant visa - Urget advice

Post by ALee_80 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:06 pm

Hi Saf,

First of all - plz do not post duplicate posts. Having said that, you need form VAF10 and you also need to have maintained the amount at or above £1600 for the last 3 months. If it drops even a penny below the magical 1600 figure - they will reject it! Although, you are on HSMP yourself, the visa your wife will get would be a Tier 1 Dependent visa and you will need to satisfy the requirements of the same.

Hope this was helpful.

Saf wrote:Dear All,

I fall under the category of HSMP and am an applicant who obtained an HSMP visa prior to 7 November 2006.

I am now applying for my wife who is currently in Pakistan. Please can you advise which forms should I use for her application:

ie.

A) VAF2 (employment category) application form . or

B) Application form VAF10 PBS- Dependent.

Also in the new tier 1 category there is a clause for maintaining funds of at least £800+£533 at any given time. I have sufficient funds in my account however the balance had fallen under that level for a period of one week. Do I need to maintainn the fund under the old HSMP category as I am not applying for the visa under Tier 1. Please can you advise.

Thank you and Kind regards
When you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack

Saf
Newly Registered

Post by Saf » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:45 pm

As I am on HSMP visa prior Nov 2006, I do not need to maintain any funds for my dependant.

If I need to maiantain any funds, it should be £533 as I am in the UK for more than 1 year.

web2005

Re: HSMP (prior Nov 06) Dependant visa - Urget advice

Post by web2005 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:37 am

Saf wrote:As I am on HSMP visa prior Nov 2006, I do not need to maintain any funds for my dependant.

If I need to maiantain any funds, it should be £533 as I am in the UK for more than 1 year.
You are right. I have confirmed this many times with visa application center, being on HSMP under old rules, provided you never joined TIER 1 or Points Based System, maintenance funds requirement is not mandatory but it is strongly advised to show enough funds to support your application.

For those who must meet this requirement, being already in UK for more than 1 year, you don't have to show maintenance funds for yourself. Only £533 is the requirement for each dependent. This must be maintained in personal/spouse or saving bank account for 90 days.