ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

frustrated13
Newly Registered

Post by frustrated13 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:02 pm

cnu wrote:Another interesting "discussion" going on in another shop, if you you interested in joining the party ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthre ... 047&page=4

ps: Sorry if this is already submitted!
Well, the best thing about that thread is that Walrusgrumble (INIS official? look at the tone of his/her posts!) is having his/her rant there rather than here.

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:29 pm

hi all,

just to remind Scrudu's timeline spreadsheet is available again for status update and adding new cases, this is very useful source for all of us.

http://www.editgrid.com/explore/user/sc ... nship_apps

regards, A_I

deadbeef
Newly Registered

Post by deadbeef » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:19 am

i just sent in my application form for naturalisation today (2009-04-29) based on ~4.5yrs of reckonable working residency (i think thats the term).

i had only just started looking at this recently and came across this board from boards.ie. I'm kinda shocked at the average time published on the inis site to be 23months, are there more statistics available for the turn around times apart from the spreadsheet?

tom4

Post by tom4 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am

deadbeef wrote:are there more statistics available for the turn around times apart from the spreadsheet?
26 months is the average waiting time from scrudu's spreadsheet, for those that have received an answer
37 months is the maximum waiting time from scrudu's spreadsheet, for those that have received an answer
27 months is the average waiting time from scrudu's spreadsheet, for those still waiting
51 months is the maximum waiting time from scrudu's spreadsheet, for those still waiting
23 months is the "official" AVERAGE
18 months is what the minister is on record as saying that he regards as a "reasonable target".

Also, the term is 5 years of "reckonable residence", so don't be surprised if your application is soon returned/rejected.

Edited to add more stats.
Last edited by tom4 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am

deadbeef wrote:i just sent in my application form for naturalisation today (2009-04-29) based on ~4.5yrs of reckonable working residency (i think thats the term).

i had only just started looking at this recently and came across this board from boards.ie. I'm kinda shocked at the average time published on the inis site to be 23months, are there more statistics available for the turn around times apart from the spreadsheet?
If only it was 23 months, most of us here would be delighted!

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:33 pm

Any lucky callers today..

Still waiting for external reports i.e. Garda and Welfare. Lady said normally it takes 3-6 months but now it's taking longer due to backlog (or should I say artificial backlog). She requested me to ring back in 6 weeks time but forgot to mention that to say in advance ' we are still waiting for external reports'.

Backlog is the word that should be eradicated from the Public Service.

How about us saying to the various goverment agencies who collect money from us:

"Sorry, we have a backlog in our bills payment and cannot say when we will be able to make it for you. Please be patient and get back in touch in 6 weeks time but there is no guarantee we will be in a position to make the payments. Thank you"

NotYetIrish
Newly Registered

Post by NotYetIrish » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:11 pm

when i rang them in early april, they said its gone to minister.
But when i rang them this morning, they said its being prepared to send to minister.... should go to minister in next couple of weeks...
Not sure how much we can trust information from this service
Very frustrating and disappointing.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:47 pm

Well said Nearly Irish:

How about us saying to the various goverment agencies who collect money from us:

"Sorry, we have a backlog in our bills payment and cannot say when we will be able to make it for you. Please be patient and get back in touch in 6 weeks time but there is no guarantee we will be in a position to make the payments. Thank you"

Regards
Tiggs
Last edited by tiggs on Fri May 01, 2009 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goodone
Newly Registered

Post by goodone » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:48 pm

To Goodone..

If you know the name of the solicitor, can you pls pvt me.

Thanks,

NI
Hi could you pm or email me too please, if that's okay with your mate, I am really fed up with INIS crap and considering some action. Thanks. YMC
NI, YMC, sorry for the delay.
Contact details: Thomas Coughlan & Company, 1-2 Anglesea Street , Cork . Telephone 021 4975460. www.thomascoughlan.com

All the best.
GoodOne

YMC
Newly Registered

Post by YMC » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:28 pm

Thanks a mil, you are a good man indeed. Pity the solicitor is not in Dublin though..

goodone
Newly Registered

Post by goodone » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:03 pm

Pleasure.

deadbeef
Newly Registered

Post by deadbeef » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:25 pm

tom4 wrote:
deadbeef wrote:are there more statistics available for the turn around times apart from the spreadsheet?
26 months is the average waiting time from scrudu's spreadsheet, for those that have received an answer
37 months is the maximum waiting time from scrudu's spreadsheet, for those that have received an answer
27 months is the average waiting time from scrudu's spreadsheet, for those still waiting
51 months is the maximum waiting time from scrudu's spreadsheet, for those still waiting
23 months is the "official" AVERAGE
18 months is what the minister is on record as saying that he regards as a "reasonable target".

Also, the term is 5 years of "reckonable residence", so don't be surprised if your application is soon returned/rejected.

Edited to add more stats.
thanks for the summary. it appears that this system is near or beyond breaking point and sustainability.

this scenario seems awfully similar to the how the old GNIB offices operated on harcourt st. in dublin before they moved :P lots of applicants and not enough resources to deal with it. :P

it doesn't look any better for applying for long term residency, with all these delays I think I will apply for that in a few months, and from the looks of the past increases in time, I should expect that to take 2 or more years and naturalisation to take 3 or more years. *sigh*

opengl
Newly Registered

Post by opengl » Fri May 01, 2009 12:10 pm

Folks

I have recieved my approval letter today. Very relieved after a long wait.

I called INIS about 3 weeks back and was told my application was ready to be submitted to the minister. So looks like it took less than three weeks to get the decision.

My timeline:
Application : July 2006
Acknowledgement: Aug 2006
Addt documents requested: Nov 2008
Docs submitted: Nov 2008
Sent to minister for approval: Second week April 2009
Approval: 1 May 2009

Applied after 5 yr residence and IBC child status

I wish good luck to all who are still waiting for this endless wait.

Regards

Kumar

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Fri May 01, 2009 12:44 pm

opengl wrote:Folks

I have recieved my approval letter today. Very relieved after a long wait.

I called INIS about 3 weeks back and was told my application was ready to be submitted to the minister. So looks like it took less than three weeks to get the decision.

My timeline:
Application : July 2006
Acknowledgement: Aug 2006
Addt documents requested: Nov 2008
Docs submitted: Nov 2008
Sent to minister for approval: Second week April 2009
Approval: 1 May 2009

Applied after 5 yr residence and IBC child status

I wish good luck to all who are still waiting for this endless wait.

Regards

Kumar
Congratulatoins Kumar!!! :)

I called INIS 4 weeks ago and they told me my application was ready to be submitted to the minister.... So I hope my approval arrives soon. Fingers crossed...

Anyway, I'm happy for you. Congratulations! :)

LP

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 pm

Brilliant news Kumar.

Do you know how long it took for Garda and Welfare services for you?

cheers,

NI

opengl
Newly Registered

Post by opengl » Fri May 01, 2009 4:43 pm

NearlyIrish wrote:Brilliant news Kumar.

Do you know how long it took for Garda and Welfare services for you?

cheers,

NI
As I mentioned earlier I sent my documents in Nov 2008. I presume if we count from mid Nov- end March it took approx 4.5 months for the checks.

astraclub
Newly Registered

Post by astraclub » Fri May 01, 2009 5:18 pm

Guys
Remember i had been told that my application was in post....(31st March).
I had been calling since and finally got my letter of approval today. So, it tool almost 4 weeks and i was ringing every tuesday/thursday.

Finally i got it today and rang Trim District court, guess what, the lady told me that they are booked till SEPTEMBER????? WHAT?????
Come on!!

Anyone know which court is available soon.?????? o yes i have to get 950 Euro also :_) :-)

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri May 01, 2009 5:27 pm

congrats Kumar

crown

Post by crown » Fri May 01, 2009 5:33 pm

opengl wrote:Folks

Kumar
Congrats Kumar and Astraclub
Crown

robin_hood
Newly Registered

Post by robin_hood » Fri May 01, 2009 6:30 pm

Looks like my turn has come as well - FINALLY! Got my approval letter today! Registered post.

Here are my timelines again:

Applied - Jan 2006 based on 5 year residency + Irish born child
Further info requested and supplied - Jul 2008/Aug 2008
Garda clearance requested - end of Aug 2008
Jan 2009 - still waiting for Garda clearance
Feb 2009 - file in the final stages of processing
Apr 2009 - file submitted to the Minister on 19/03/2009
Approval letter dated - 29/04/2009

Guys, I hope you'll get your letters very soon as well - I'll keep my fingers crossed!

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Fri May 01, 2009 6:57 pm

Wow! It's a total bonanza of approval letters today! Congrats to all the new Irish!

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Fri May 01, 2009 11:43 pm

Congratulations to astraclub and robin_hood!

:D

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Sat May 02, 2009 12:08 am

robin_hood wrote:Looks like my turn has come as well - FINALLY! Got my approval letter today! Registered post.

Here are my timelines again:

Applied - Jan 2006 based on 5 year residency + Irish born child
Further info requested and supplied - Jul 2008/Aug 2008
Garda clearance requested - end of Aug 2008
Jan 2009 - still waiting for Garda clearance
Feb 2009 - file in the final stages of processing
Apr 2009 - file submitted to the Minister on 19/03/2009
Approval letter dated - 29/04/2009

Guys, I hope you'll get your letters very soon as well - I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Congratulations, robin_hood and other recent aprovals... I knew you would hear this week :). It looks like the average time between getting your documents to sent to theminister and the decision is about 6 weeks max. There are some cases as posted here about 2 to 4 weeks as well.
regards, A_I

Nehro
Ireland

Post by Nehro » Sat May 02, 2009 1:16 am

congratulations kumar, astraclub, and robin_hood. Wish all of you the best of luck. Astraclub try Dundalk court; they usually have available early bookings even for people outside louth county.
regards
Nehro

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Sat May 02, 2009 8:15 am

Congratulations Kumar, Robinhood, Astraclub !!