ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

funds showing in business account acceptable or not

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

admirable
Newly Registered

funds showing in business account acceptable or not

Post by admirable » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:51 am

hi guys,

kindly some one tell me that can i use my business bank statement for mainting funds for 3 month? or i can use only saving or current accounts for mainting funds, will home office accept the business bank account for proof of funds.

secondly, for previous earning they require 12 months during 15 months, immediate from the date of application. how many days this word "immediate" covers? could it be one month or less than one month.

thanking you for your help

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: funds showing in business account acceptable or not

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:21 am

1. You cannot use your business account to prove maintenance funds.That is not your account, your company is the owner of that account not you.
You can show saving/current or both(combined) for maintenance funds.

2. you can claim for ther 12 consecutive months from the last 15 months.
For e.g. if you are applying in May 2009, you can claim any consecutive 12 months between Feb/Mar 2008-April 2009.

admirable wrote:hi guys,

kindly some one tell me that can i use my business bank statement for mainting funds for 3 month? or i can use only saving or current accounts for mainting funds, will home office accept the business bank account for proof of funds.

secondly, for previous earning they require 12 months during 15 months, immediate from the date of application. how many days this word "immediate" covers? could it be one month or less than one month.

thanking you for your help

tear1
Newly Registered

Post by tear1 » Fri May 01, 2009 11:35 pm

HI

I am the only director of my company and i have attached my business statements as support of maintenance fund. Do you think its not right thing to do ?

asys
Newly Registered

Post by asys » Sat May 02, 2009 8:40 am

Hi,
You cannot show business account for maintenance fund as the money belongs to your business even if your the sole director .

if you look through the forum ,there has been cases in the past where application has been rejected for showing business account .

You have to show your personal accounts as proof for the same .

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Sat May 02, 2009 11:23 am

tear1 wrote:HI

I am the only director of my company and i have attached my business statements as support of maintenance fund. Do you think its not right thing to do ?
No. This money is not your money (yet) unless you withdraw it from the company bank account.

I know this is incredibly silly that HO let you claim income for limited company where you retain the earning but you can't do this for for maintenance funds. Unfortunately rules are rules and I'm afraid you'll get rejected for technicality.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat May 02, 2009 1:23 pm

tear1 wrote:HI

Wait and pray mate..
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

shs213

Post by shs213 » Tue May 05, 2009 11:33 pm

When my renewal was due I was planning to show my business account with backing letters from the Accountant confirming that I am the only director and the sole owner to the funds in the account.

I went through a solicitor for the paper work and he advised the letters from the accountant + companies house letters confirming that I am the only director with 100% rights to the funds would see me through. .

responses in this thread contradicts with my solicitor. . I would check with a solicitor (also I will search for prev threads on the forum) Eithewrway I am glad I didnt use the business account. .

Did you not think of going through a solicitor? drop me a PM, I can hook you up with my solicitor who practically dealt with the same situ with me. .