ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal successful but need to leave asap

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rachel926
Newly Registered

Appeal successful but need to leave asap

Post by Rachel926 » Fri May 01, 2009 11:57 pm

Hey guys!

I had my appeal hearing today and the judge told me straight away that she was going to grant the appeal. However, after looking on this forum, I am a little discouraged. I need to go home in June. Does anyone know if it is possible to travel while waiting for the letter asking for the passport?

Otherwise, if I forfeit the appeal and reapply from home will that affect my chances? I need to go home even if it means I lose out on the visa.

Any advice? I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks so much!

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Appeal successful but need to leave asap

Post by yasa » Sat May 02, 2009 1:46 am

Rachel926 wrote:Hey guys!

I had my appeal hearing today and the judge told me straight away that she was going to grant the appeal. However, after looking on this forum, I am a little discouraged. I need to go home in June. Does anyone know if it is possible to travel while waiting for the letter asking for the passport?

Otherwise, if I forfeit the appeal and reapply from home will that affect my chances? I need to go home even if it means I lose out on the visa.

Thanks so much!
U cant travel unless u got your passport. appeal process will take long. Its up to u, u can withdraw case and go back and apply again...
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Sat May 02, 2009 11:14 am

Thanks so much!
Like Yasa rightly said, you cannot travel without having the PSW stamp first. After the hearing, you should get a written determination on your appeal decision within 2 weeks, and after that, the waiting begins for the call-in letter. So, I'm not sure you'll get your passport stamped before June.
A question for you, even if you want to apply from home, do you satisfy the maintenance requirements? (£2800 pounds in your account for a 3 month period) because it would be a shame if you went back home and can't come back because of this. If you have these funds in your account and you want to withdraw your appeal (a shame 'cos you've won it already), then make sure that when you're filling the new visa application form, you state that you've been refused leave to remain before. You must always state this refusal then in all future applications for entry clearance or leave to remain to avoid the Home Office from accusing you of mis-representation.
If you intend to apply for another visa category (not PSW) from home, I suggest you don't withdraw the appeal but wait for the written determination here before leaving. This will serve as proof that although you've been refused leave to remain before, this refusal was overturned on appeal.
All the best

nkhan1979

Post by nkhan1979 » Sun May 03, 2009 11:01 pm

Otherwise, if I forfeit the appeal and re apply from home will that affect my chances? I need to go home even if it means I lose out on the visa.

Thanks so much!
Listen mate, I don't know who u r but koolbone gave you the right and best advise. if you leave the country then you got 95% chance to get refused, you eventually will get it but after lots of attempts. I done the same stupid mistake back in june, 2005 wen i went to my country after pulling out my appeal. i had to apply three times before they grant me a visa for three years. I never gave up, when i came out of the British high commission after being refused for the reason that they doubted at my intentions and trust me its hard to prove that HO is wrong.I applied on the next day and same three times, Yes I wasted my money£300 each time which I had to re apply fresh rather than going through appeal and wait for 6 months. Unless its very important don't pull your passport out or else you will waste a lot of time.
Thank you