ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

opengl
Newly Registered

Post by opengl » Sat May 02, 2009 8:32 am

Thanks everyone.

I booked the appointment for oath in Dublin and got it for 28 May.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Sat May 02, 2009 8:32 am

congrats everyone

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Sat May 02, 2009 11:57 am

deadbeef wrote:i just sent in my application form for naturalisation today (2009-04-29) based on ~4.5yrs of reckonable working residency (i think thats the term).

i had only just started looking at this recently and came across this board from boards.ie. I'm kinda shocked at the average time published on the inis site to be 23months, are there more statistics available for the turn around times apart from the spreadsheet?
You should have completed 5 years of reckonable residence, else your application will be rejected.

deadbeef
Newly Registered

Post by deadbeef » Sat May 02, 2009 12:06 pm

Aceform wrote:
deadbeef wrote:i just sent in my application form for naturalisation today (2009-04-29) based on ~4.5yrs of reckonable working residency (i think thats the term).

i had only just started looking at this recently and came across this board from boards.ie. I'm kinda shocked at the average time published on the inis site to be 23months, are there more statistics available for the turn around times apart from the spreadsheet?
You should have completed 5 years of reckonable residence, else your application will be rejected.
I was told to apply ~1yr in advance 2-3yrs ago by various people, and as far as I recalled it was even recommended by the authorities to apply after the 4th year.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Sat May 02, 2009 3:28 pm

[/quote]

I was told to apply ~1yr in advance 2-3yrs ago by various people, and as far as I recalled it was even recommended by the authorities to apply after the 4th year.[/quote]

Im sorry but but you have been misinformed. They are quite strict with the 5 year residency rule, unless you have irish associations then this can be waived but if you do not the application will be returned to you.

robin_hood
Newly Registered

Post by robin_hood » Sun May 03, 2009 1:58 pm

deadbeef, you can try, but don't be surprised when they return your application with a sheet attached giving a breakdown of how many months of Resindency they calculated according to your stamps in your passport, because the number of Months should be at least 60.

Mine was returned like this even though i had way more than 60 months worth of resindency which were covered by only 3 stamps placed in the same passport - still they managed to come to 58 months only and returned my application. I ended up sending them everything back with the 3 stamps highlighted + letter from my local immigration officer stating exactly how many stamps, for how long and on what dates I was issued with by their office.

Having said the above, give it a go - who knows, maybe you particular application will be looked at by somebody who hasn't got a clue and it will be placed in the queue. I heard that several people applied after 4 years being here and their applications were placed in the queue. However!! Several years later when the turn came for their applications to be looked at, they calculated the number of Resindency months at the time of application, and as a result, sent their applications back saying they didn;t have 60months when they applied, but due to the fact it wasn;t spotted straight away, they were sent a different type of form to fill in again (to re-apply, kind of) but their applications didn;t have to go into the same 2-3 years waiting again but were looked at straight away.

IwannaBePaddy
Newly Registered

Post by IwannaBePaddy » Sun May 03, 2009 3:49 pm

I cannot understand what the callcentre at inis is for, they dont give u any information, they tell u something, u ring back again and another person tells u a a completely different thing, they don't want u to ring, what is this call centre created for can somebody explain???

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Sun May 03, 2009 4:44 pm

deadbeef wrote:
Aceform wrote:

I was told to apply ~1yr in advance 2-3yrs ago by various people, and as far as I recalled it was even recommended by the authorities to apply after the 4th year.
Not only the residency Stamps worth 60 months, but also 60 months since the date of arrival in Ireland. Mine was refused as well first time around. Had to reapply once i completed 5 yrs since date of Arrival. Good luck anyway, I know of a few that got away too!!

babar asif
Newly Registered

Post by babar asif » Sun May 03, 2009 10:22 pm

Dear all,
I got My approval letter : Time frame
Applied: October 2005,
No aother documents
Approval: 01 May 2009
Based on 5 yr residency
( was in USA x 2 years 2007, 2008 for work reason, INIS was aware of this ).
Guys where is Dolphin House ??
Good luck to all other awaiting

stillwaiting
Newly Registered

waiting

Post by stillwaiting » Sun May 03, 2009 10:28 pm

Congrats guys on getting approval

i applied in March 2006, havent heard anything back so far. cant through to anyone on the phone, any ideas?? should i write to them?

robin_hood
Newly Registered

Post by robin_hood » Sun May 03, 2009 10:46 pm

stillwaiting, writing to them might just get you a one line reply e.g. your case is currently waiting to be processed...or something like this.

Try ringing - start at 1 -2 min before the lines open - you will get through after 10-20min. I phoned INIS 3 times all together - twice I started calling exactly when the lines opened, I got through within 5min. 3rd time it did take me more than 20min because i started calling them 1 hour before line closure.

Good luck!

EBS

Post by EBS » Mon May 04, 2009 7:42 am

Congratulations guys to every one!!! So glad for you!!!!

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon May 04, 2009 11:12 am

babar asif wrote:Dear all,
I got My approval letter : Time frame
Applied: October 2005,
No aother documents
Approval: 01 May 2009
Based on 5 yr residency
( was in USA x 2 years 2007, 2008 for work reason, INIS was aware of this ).
Guys where is Dolphin House ??
Good luck to all other awaiting
Hi babar,

Congratulations!!!

Here's the address for Dolphin House:
Dublin Metropolitan District, Dolphin House, East Essex Street, Dublin 2. Tel + 353 1 888 6000 Fax + 353 1 872 2873
http://www.courts.ie

TRV

Post by TRV » Mon May 04, 2009 1:00 pm

i was on intracompany transfer visa during the first year and the rest of four years on workpermit. does the intracompany stamp count towards reckonable residence for naturalisation? does anybody here got approval of naturalisation based on intracompany visa+workpermit combinations?

applied in jan 2006, acknowledged in march 2006, updated documents in sept/oct 2008 and again in april 2009(with my parents full name), still waiting to hear back.

Thanks

babar asif
Newly Registered

Post by babar asif » Mon May 04, 2009 7:58 pm

Dear LuasPassenger
Many thanks & best wishes

u0543
Newly Registered

Post by u0543 » Tue May 05, 2009 7:04 am

another_immigrant wrote:
robin_hood wrote:Looks like my turn has come as well - FINALLY! Got my approval letter today! Registered post.

Congratulations, robin_hood and other recent aprovals... I knew you would hear this week :). It looks like the average time between getting your documents to sent to theminister and the decision is about 6 weeks max. There are some cases as posted here about 2 to 4 weeks as well.
regards, A_I
:D :D
Dear A_I, I was among those promissed approval last week as well.
However, I haven't heard anything still 8)

u0543

astraclub
Newly Registered

Post by astraclub » Tue May 05, 2009 10:52 am

Congratulations to the folks getting letters, finally, good news started comng and it feels very good, I hope all other folks get it soon.

On the issue of district court, I rang 3 offices in morning:

Trim District Court (Since I am from Meath):- Booked till September. :roll:
Dundalk District Court: Won't take from outside county
Naas District Court: Won't take from outside county

Drogheda District Court: booked for 14th May :P :P

astraclub
Newly Registered

Post by astraclub » Tue May 05, 2009 11:02 am

robin_hood wrote:Looks like my turn has come as well - FINALLY! Got my approval letter today! Registered post.

Here are my timelines again:

Applied - Jan 2006 based on 5 year residency + Irish born child
Further info requested and supplied - Jul 2008/Aug 2008
Garda clearance requested - end of Aug 2008
Jan 2009 - still waiting for Garda clearance
Feb 2009 - file in the final stages of processing
Apr 2009 - file submitted to the Minister on 19/03/2009
Approval letter dated - 29/04/2009

Guys, I hope you'll get your letters very soon as well - I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Robin hood , many congrats, your profile is exact same as mine and i had applied for this IBC status as well and got the letter on friday, I had applied Jan too.
Anyway, enjoy, can't wait to get Irish passport and will go to Swiss-Italy-France border and will go 3 times here and there :-) just to cool myself a bit :idea:

BDSK2003

Congrats to all who recieved approved letters recently

Post by BDSK2003 » Tue May 05, 2009 12:33 pm

Any Tuesday Callers .....

BDSK

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue May 05, 2009 1:38 pm

TRV wrote:i was on intracompany transfer visa during the first year and the rest of four years on workpermit. does the intracompany stamp count towards reckonable residence for naturalisation? does anybody here got approval of naturalisation based on intracompany visa+workpermit combinations?

applied in jan 2006, acknowledged in march 2006, updated documents in sept/oct 2008 and again in april 2009(with my parents full name), still waiting to hear back.

Thanks
It doesn't count as far I know TRV.

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Tue May 05, 2009 1:41 pm

u0543 wrote:
another_immigrant wrote:

Congratulations, robin_hood and other recent aprovals... I knew you would hear this week :). It looks like the average time between getting your documents to sent to theminister and the decision is about 6 weeks max. There are some cases as posted here about 2 to 4 weeks as well.
regards, A_I
:D :D
Dear A_I, I was among those promissed approval last week as well.
However, I haven't heard anything still 8)

u0543
Has your application been submitted to Minister ? Or is it in Garda / Social Welfare Checks still? The ministery approval seems to be 4 to 6 weeks after the submission...

u0543
Newly Registered

Post by u0543 » Tue May 05, 2009 2:42 pm

u0543 wrote:
another_immigrant wrote:
u0543 wrote:
another_immigrant wrote:
The reason why I'm asking is that I've checked the postings here and as far as I can see the decision time is between 4 to 5 weeks max since the application is fully submitted to the minister. So I'm guessing if it's posted for approval at the end of march or early april, it's more than likely to hear news either this week or next week at the latest. It might be wise to ring and ask for an update. I'll do so. keep in touch.

Regards, A_I
Hi A_I,
1. I was told it would take 6 to 8 weeks for the decision.
2. A friend of mine (applied Oct 2006, approval early March), was "with minister" for 2 months - January - March.
So your estimations are a bit too optimistic :(
A_I, if you came back 3 pages, you would see the above.

YMC
Newly Registered

Post by YMC » Tue May 05, 2009 3:23 pm

Aceform wrote:
TRV wrote:i was on intracompany transfer visa during the first year and the rest of four years on workpermit. does the intracompany stamp count towards reckonable residence for naturalisation? does anybody here got approval of naturalisation based on intracompany visa+workpermit combinations?

Thanks
It doesn't count as far I know TRV.
Not quite true, it does not count towards LTR, but it counts for naturalisation allright, only time spent as a student, or spent illegally (obviously), is excluded for citizenship according to the Act.

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Tue May 05, 2009 5:03 pm

u0543 wrote:
u0543 wrote:
another_immigrant wrote:
u0543 wrote:
Hi A_I,
1. I was told it would take 6 to 8 weeks for the decision.
2. A friend of mine (applied Oct 2006, approval early March), was "with minister" for 2 months - January - March.
So your estimations are a bit too optimistic :(
A_I, if you came back 3 pages, you would see the above.
well... this is now your 4th week... so fingers crossed. You should hear from them this week or next latest. Did you try to ring them ? Because they might have already got the response but not posted to you yet... ;)
A_I

stillwaiting
Newly Registered

robin_hood

Post by stillwaiting » Tue May 05, 2009 5:19 pm

thx robin_hood; tried again today, think i may have an incorrect number, 1890252854, 062 32500 are the numbers i was trying, do u have to dial a code before the 062 number? anyone any ideas.
thx