ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Another WTC question

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mooo
Newly Registered

Another WTC question

Post by mooo » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:50 pm

Im british and my wife is bangladeshi we been claiming WTC joinly for about 6 months now. I am not claiming any other benefits. I know this won't be a problem applying for IRL. I've noticed on the SET M form there is a box to tick to say if we are claiming WTC. Should I tick that box or leave it blank and say we are not on public funds?
Does it make a difference either way?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:53 pm

It is not another question at all. Please read the pinned topic in this section of the board.
John

mooo
Newly Registered

Post by mooo » Mon May 04, 2009 10:52 am

thanks for the reply

Still a little confused. Is WTC classed as a public fund? Reading that posting suggests it isnt.

Therefore I can tick to say no I am not recieving public funds (question 7.6) and dont tick neither box to say I am getting WTC.

Is this correct? Sorry to be a pian but I want everything to be correct. I dont want to folk about another 820 quid because I didnt tick the correct boxes

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon May 04, 2009 11:03 am

For you WTC is not Public Funds! Para 6B of the Immigration Rules is in play .... in your circumstances .... and that reads :-
..... a person (P) shall not be regarded as having recourse to public funds if P is entitled to benefits specified under section 115 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 by virtue of regulations made under sub-sections (3) and (4) of that section or section 42 of the Tax Credits Act 2002.
So .... "shall not be regarded as having recourse to public funds" = you can tick the "no" box, and as you only tick the following boxes if the "yes" box has been ticked, leave the WTC box blank.
John

mooo
Newly Registered

Post by mooo » Mon May 04, 2009 11:22 am

thanks John

I been reading further into the post. It doesnt help when they list as a public fund on the form. I think thats where the confusion lies. But reading further it depends on the circumstances of how the benefit is being claimed.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon May 04, 2009 11:32 am

As it makes clear in the pinned topic the definition of Public Funds is a bit flexible, in accordance with paras 6A, 6B and 6C of the Immigration Rules.

But I am not going to repeat all the technical arguments here. They are set out in the pinned topic.
Last edited by John on Mon May 04, 2009 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
John

mooo
Newly Registered

Post by mooo » Mon May 04, 2009 11:37 am

thanks

I been reading the pinned article especially the legal lingo (serveral times) What doesn help the legal stuff on the acts of parliament . But your explaination clears it up.

I thought they are planning it easlier for people to read. :? :? :?