ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help need: any Tier 1 engineers?? need your advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sasawat
Newly Registered

Help need: any Tier 1 engineers?? need your advice

Post by sasawat » Sun May 03, 2009 4:09 pm

Guys, would like to ask if there are any engineers in this board who already in the UK under Tier 1? Can you guide me how you find jobs in the UK? I'm travelling this 29th of May and so far still cannot find a job. Please help guide me. I'm a process engineer in consumer goods giant looking for a job.... Thanks!

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: Help need: any Tier 1 engineers?? need your advice

Post by maheshnair » Mon May 04, 2009 12:42 pm

sasawat wrote:Guys, would like to ask if there are any engineers in this board who already in the UK under Tier 1? Can you guide me how you find jobs in the UK? I'm travelling this 29th of May and so far still cannot find a job. Please help guide me. I'm a process engineer in consumer goods giant looking for a job.... Thanks!

Very tough for a frsher to UK to get contracts initially .
Dont try for contracts ...........try permanent and try to quote less salary .
First entry would be tough most of the times ....But be brave like the spartans ..Dont loose heart if you dont get 2- 3 interviews ....

You could quote more once you are here 2 - 3 years ......
People who always win today and tommorow were the people who always lost yesterday ...

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Mon May 04, 2009 1:33 pm

U cant do anything unless u come here and see the situation... It is just the beginning mate.... try hard, wait and dont loose hope....
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Help need: any Tier 1 engineers?? need your advice

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon May 04, 2009 1:46 pm

It also depends on the line of work you are applying. Considering current job market, bring an extra bag of hope and determination when you land.

You can gauge things only once you are here.
sasawat wrote:Guys, would like to ask if there are any engineers in this board who already in the UK under Tier 1? Can you guide me how you find jobs in the UK? I'm travelling this 29th of May and so far still cannot find a job. Please help guide me. I'm a process engineer in consumer goods giant looking for a job.... Thanks!