ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Suitable accommodation in London suburbs

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

simar

Suitable accommodation in London suburbs

Post by simar » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:48 am

Hi all,
I am planning to come on first week of October in London. Please do let me know the net-links where one can book shared hostels, studio flat or one room before coming from India.

simar

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Re: Suitable accommodation in London suburbs

Post by yodiyokun » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:14 am

simar wrote:Hi all,
I am planning to come on first week of October in London. Please do let me know the net-links where one can book shared hostels, studio flat or one room before coming from India.

simar
www.loot.co.uk
www.fish4.co.uk
www.findaproperty.com
My bow has been renewed

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:30 pm

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:55 pm

i have checked quite a no of sites on accomodation
but rightmove is the nicest by far .. they give so many useful tips and what to look out for
My bow has been renewed

simar

Post by simar » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:39 am

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the updates. Kindly do let me know if it is good idea to initially put stay in hostels listed in this site. The rates vary from 60 to 120 pounds per week.

http://www.london-hostels.co.uk/hostels/default.aspx

I have my couple of interview schedule in October. Will it be fine to stay in these hostels for say 14 days and later move to another place accordingly to job conditions?
Will appreciate, if people already in UK can share how they put initial stay right after landing in airport for first 1-2 weeks.

Regards
simar

bunytu
Newly Registered

Post by bunytu » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:00 pm

Yes, that's the right thing to do. Find a hostel and wait till you know where you will be for work. Especially you've got a number of interviews, you may expect to start work very soon.

It's good value to get £60-£120 per week in London. You can search their postcode on www.multimap.com or map.google.com to see where they are. The bigger the number in the first half of postcode, the further from centre London.

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:19 pm

I am moving to london with my husband. I would like some advice on accomodation for couples. Hostels seems good when you are moving alone, because they charge per person, not per room. So a couple would have to pay double... Any ideas?

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:15 am

HI Friends,

I have even heard about nice paying guest accommodations, especially in Wembley and Harrow, as these are Gujarati (Indian) poppulated areas, I know about them, there must be other areas as well providing Paying Guest accommodation. Does anybody here has any Idea where we can search for such PG accommodation? or if anyone is already staying as PG, can pelase let me/us have a rough Idea of the cost of leaving as PG and what all does it include?

I have heard that one of my relatives' son is staying as PG and paying GBP 55 per week for lodging and boarding.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:41 am

PG accomodations are advertised mostly thru the local newsagents... they have the ads displayed on their windows..

also it depends on the family to family...mostly they are inclusive of bills... there are some who have so many restrictions... like control over heating etc...

Also PG's are offered to bachelors most of the time or childless couples...

it starts from £75 per week and above... most of them prefer weekly payments

hope this answers some of your questions

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:55 am

Thanx olisum, you answered amny of my doubts, thank you once again.