ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Insolvency

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smiles345
Member of Standing

ILR and Insolvency

Post by smiles345 » Sat May 02, 2009 10:49 pm

my friend who work in the private health care group going to administration on May. he is due to obtain his ILR in August. do any experts in the forum please guide .

do they [Bank Administrators] would cancel the all exisiting WP holders?

do they need to inform the HO regarding the changes? my friend have a employment contract. do you guys think that the admintrators will abolish all the existing contracts?

will it effect his ILR in August? Kind replies will be highly appreciated

thanks in advance

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Mon May 04, 2009 10:23 am

can any experts please reply?

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:37 am

please can somebody help me with my question...

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Tue May 05, 2009 10:46 am

It maybe a good idea for your friend to speak to someone from his HR department. They may have more information or as to whether the staff will be kept on and for how long, while the Administrators decide on the future of the company.
'In everything give thanks'

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Tue May 05, 2009 1:30 pm

many thanks offcharity. i just wondering anyone had similar experiance before. i mean, any companies went to administration?

thanks in advance

inputsOnHSMP

Post by inputsOnHSMP » Tue May 05, 2009 1:58 pm

going into administration can mean a lot of things. if the company is totally bankrupt and cannot be saved at all, then all employees will be made redundant though there will be some payments( depending upon how much could be obtained from sale of company assets). Employees are considered preferred creditors under such situations and they can get holdays, due wages and notice period pay proportionately.
if the company can be salvaged, there is still a high probability that certian employees will be made redundant. Now who is made redundant will depend on the needs of the restructured company.

I hope this helps but the best thing is to start looking for a new job.

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Tue May 05, 2009 4:08 pm

inputsonHSMP , thanks for your inputs. he is due to ILR on august 2009, finding another employment can be very difficult.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Tue May 05, 2009 6:10 pm

Does he qualify for a tier1 visa? I know it is tough finding a new job especially one that will offer a workpermit but having a plan B is a sensible option, hopefully he will still be in his current job till August, but he should also try and explore other options.
'In everything give thanks'