ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 years Illegal immigrant

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

**12 months**

Post by 2347526 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:28 am

Monthly update on the progress of my application.

1. It has been a year now since I forwarded my ILR application.

2. No correspondence received from the HO.

SHOWBOAT
Newly Registered

Post by SHOWBOAT » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:43 am

one thing you can do is go to ireland and get married. you can take a flight to belfast, and then a bus to dublin.

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:37 am

hi showboat
can you marry in ireland if you are an illegal without current visa.

dont you need a passport to travell to belfast.
are there no border control on the way?
hi

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:58 am

SHOWBOAT wrote:one thing you can do is go to ireland and get married. you can take a flight to belfast, and then a bus to dublin.
The best thing to do is to NOT leave the country when you have an application like this pending. On the other hand, if you mean once he obtains ILR, then I'm sure he would rather get married in his own country, since he would be able to leave/return to the UK without hassle.

**13 months**

Post by 2347526 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:49 pm

1. It has been 13 months now since I forwarded my ILR application.

SUPERMARIO
Newly Registered

Post by SUPERMARIO » Tue May 05, 2009 5:04 pm

you dont need a passport to fly to belfast because its in the uk. i dont know what irelands requirements are for marriage, but i do know that in the uk, you can get married in the anglican church without a visa. you might want to look into catholic church wedding in ireland, in addition to civil marriage options. ireland has only recently began to tighten its immigration laws. you might be able to get married in ireland without a visa. i am not sure.

sheepherder
Newly Registered

Re: 14 years Illegal immigrant

Post by sheepherder » Fri May 08, 2009 5:37 pm

14 yrs application usually take at least a year or even up to couple of years. If your spouse is not from EU, that would be a problem. You have no way to apply her to come in as spouse until you sorted out your own immigration status. About your employment, what i would suggest is get a letter from your solicitor confirming your application has been submitted. If your app still pending in Home Office you can continue your life here until they have a decision. Of course techinically you are not allow to work. But your imm status in still pending tehrefore Home Office will not send you away and most likely they will not bother to detain you at this stage since they might have not enough spaces in detention centre. At least you are now "safe" until the HO have a desicion.

**14 months**

Post by 2347526 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:09 pm

1. It has been 14 months now since I forwarded my ILR application.

3. Thank you for the advice received. At the moment I will await the outcome of my application before starting something else.

shinythingsuk
Newly Registered

Post by shinythingsuk » Wed May 13, 2009 10:10 am

Don't count the months, you'll waste them. My partner has now been waiting 3 years for a decision on the 14yr rule and we have wasted so much time letting the cloud over us spoil our time with each other and the kids. I've stopped looking for miracles and now just living day to day. Good luck

**15 months**

Post by 2347526 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:47 pm

1. It has been 15 months now since I forwarded my ILR application.

Post by 2347526 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:51 pm

Hi everyone,

Could you please advice me on how to apply/convert my application to legacy application. Thank you in advance.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:32 pm

See this:
Applications made before March 2007
This page explains how we are handling older asylum applications, which include most of those made before 5 March 2007. These are sometimes known as legacy cases and are dealt with by the case resolution directorate (CRD).
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylum/oldercases/
This page explains which older asylum applications we are dealing with first.

We are giving priority, in the following order, to asylum applicants who:

may pose a risk to the public;
can be easily removed from the United Kingdom;
are receiving public support; and
may qualify to be allowed to stay in this country.
Because we have so many cases to deal with, we cannot give you a precise date for when we will consider yours.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylu ... hichcases/

I think advice about asylum cases is beyond what most people on this board can give advice about, unless it is from a personal experience viewpoint.

You said in an earlier post that you had a solicitor, perhaps you should speak to them.

Post by 2347526 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:16 pm

Thank you for the advice Paperpusher. I will contact my solicitor for the advice. One thing I do not understand is, there is a queue for the cases but the HO did not label/number the cases. This would have helped at least if I knew what number I was and if I contacted them they could give the current case number they are working on and this could give me an idea how far on the queue I am. Any way I will see how it goes.

shinythingsuk
Newly Registered

Legacy case

Post by shinythingsuk » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:52 pm

After over 3yrs waiting using the 14yr rule our MP wrote to the HO again and we have recieved another letter asking for further passport photos, and bank statements etc to fill in the gap as "they are no longer recent"... no surprise after 3yrs really! BUT this does mean that we've now actually been given a case workers name, I'm hoping that this is good news.
Has anyone else got to this point or could give me a heads up on what sort of timescale we're looking at now?

Post by 2347526 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:56 am

After over 3yrs waiting using the 14yr rule our MP wrote to the HO again and we have recieved another letter asking for further passport photos, and bank statements etc to fill in the gap as "they are no longer recent"... no surprise after 3yrs really! BUT this does mean that we've now actually been given a case workers name, I'm hoping that this is good news.
Has anyone else got to this point or could give me a heads up on what sort of timescale we're looking at now?
I know a friend of mine was requested to send his and his family pictures after a lengthy waiting period and was granted ILR after a month. Saying this the HO has no same procedure for everyone. I hope and pray for you that this is the end bit for you and it takes as little time as possible for you to succeed in your application. Good luck!

**16 months**

Post by 2347526 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:10 am

1. It has been 16 months now since I forwarded my ILR application.

shinythingsuk
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by shinythingsuk » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:37 am

After over 3yrs got the MP involved again and our case is now being dealt with as legacy (even though not originally an asylum case but 14yr rule). Had to provide yet more proof and photos as everything out of date! Hopefully should only be a few more weeks now.

Post by 2347526 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:54 pm

Post by 2347526 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:26 pm

Hi everyone,

I am desperately looking for advice as I am costantly angry and frustrated when I see that nothing is happening as I have tried everything: applied for legacy; telephone twice a week; and write letters, both from me and my solicitor. I have always been polite and cool-mannered but nowadays I loose my temper over minute things. This might change me to a different person by the time it is over and it might be irreversible. That scares me! The reply I get is that I have to wait for two years (July 2011) and that really is what is eating me inside knowing that I will waste two more years waiting for a reply while I cannot work or get benefit to support myself & my paternal family and even get married and start a family. Please advice as I have hit the bottom of my bottom and I do not know where to turn to.

shinythingsuk
Newly Registered

frustrated

Post by shinythingsuk » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:37 pm

The only other course I can think of is to get your local MP involved. It does appear to put a boot up their backsides so to speak. The other thing to consider is to see a doctor regarding depression due to your situation. When it comes to moving up the chain the HO have to consider cases out of turn if it is deemed that you could be a risk to yourself ie. suicidal.
After being under this pressure for over three years I know how badly it can affect you. My relationship has been extremely strained as was my mental health, the one positive after all this is they cannot really say our relationship is a sham to stay in the country...... who the hell would put themselves through this to stay here unless they had a bonafide reason to want to!
I wish you luck

sahaz
Newly Registered

Post by sahaz » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:57 am

2347526 wrote:Hi everyone,

I am desperately looking for advice as I am costantly angry and frustrated when I see that nothing is happening as I have tried everything: applied for legacy; telephone twice a week; and write letters, both from me and my solicitor. I have always been polite and cool-mannered but nowadays I loose my temper over minute things. This might change me to a different person by the time it is over and it might be irreversible. That scares me! The reply I get is that I have to wait for two years (July 2011) and that really is what is eating me inside knowing that I will waste two more years waiting for a reply while I cannot work or get benefit to support myself & my paternal family and even get married and start a family. Please advice as I have hit the bottom of my bottom and I do not know where to turn to.
The way HO looks at it and also some ignorant people who like the misery of others has mentioned is that somebody who has applied in that cathegory can wait, their resoning is that you have waited that long what difference is it to wait more!!

for somebody to have stayed here legally/illegally must have had strong reasons as I'm sure nobody would put themselves into that situation, hiding, doing odd jobs just to survive, can't have a normal life and etc..

They don't take the fact that:

. you are getting older every year.

.You want to move on with your life hence have a family etc..

They have tightened the rule regarding employers employing illegalls
etc.. and its nearly impossible for someone to get a job nowadays.

Now I'm not saying let everybody in as we all know that it will be chaos!

But if someone have paid to get a service based on the current law to get his application looked at I'm not saying I've paid so HO must grant me my paper straight away! but to look at it fairly and let me know the answer approve or not if not I can move on and decides what to do with my life but not to leave the applicant in limbo for years!

So how long is it ok to wait? As some of you would say you are illegal now you are in a hurry to get legalised so for you people how long in your eyes the punishement of waiting is ok to you??

Even though somebody has applied couple of years ago but because of HO fault not looking at it and decide to look at it now by miracle and say If the aplication is sucessfull it's still not over for that person as now they have to climb the new mountain so to speak to get british citizenship as he will have to apply according to the new route new citizenship bill i.e voluntary works, wait for another few years.

My advice is to pray and have faith as I know you are suffering my friend. Sombody who has never experience this will not know what you are going through.

Be strong don't let it get you. I know it easy said than done but keep yourself busy by diverting your mind onto something else.

Post by 2347526 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:27 pm

Thank you shinythingsuk and sahaz for your advices. They give me little and temporary comfort as I try to get through this. Like said it is easier to say this than to go through it. I will try to "hang" in here hoping and praying before it gets worse.

**17 months**

Post by 2347526 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:43 pm

1. It has been 17 months now since I forwarded my ILR application.

Post by 2347526 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:47 pm

Thandia

Re: **17 months**

Post by Thandia » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:20 pm

2347526 wrote:Monthly update on the progress of my application.

1. It has been 17 months now since I forwarded my ILR application.

I don't remember if you had a prior asylum claim or not but if you did & things get really bad financially, you may want to consider going on section 4 support. Use the link below to check if your case is being considered under the legacy exercise. All you need to do is enter your HO reference number & if it is being considered under the legacy exercise, the details ie. name, address &/or email address of the team dealing with your case will be given. Once you have their name, the phone number is easy enough to find. UKresident has an entire phone directory for most legacy teams. Start calling them, weekly if need be. Write to them, send a fax, anything. Nagging them directly seems to work rather than going through the 0870 number. Good luck.

http://ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylum/old ... g-my-case/