ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IGS_PSW refusal due to maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

syed ali

IGS_PSW refusal due to maintenance funds

Post by syed ali » Mon May 04, 2009 10:27 am

Is there any one who has won the appeal under IGs-PSW....
as my application is refused on the basis of bank statements which ws short for 9 days...i hv a few queries regarding this...
=how long it tks after winning the appeal
=wats the PSW start date as my IGS visa had expired in february 2009, got refusal after 2-1/2 months if after winning appeal-getting passports back tks 3-4 months then almost half of period of my extendable 1 yr would be passed
=if during appeal process i mk a fresh application in country does it affect the continuity of long residence?
i'll be grateful if anyone cud help
thanks

RippedOff
Newly Registered

Re: IGS_PSW refusal due to maintenance funds

Post by RippedOff » Tue May 05, 2009 9:24 am

syed ali wrote:Is there any one who has won the appeal under IGs-PSW....
as my application is refused on the basis of bank statements which ws short for 9 days...i hv a few queries regarding this...
=how long it tks after winning the appeal
=wats the PSW start date as my IGS visa had expired in february 2009, got refusal after 2-1/2 months if after winning appeal-getting passports back tks 3-4 months then almost half of period of my extendable 1 yr would be passed
=if during appeal process i mk a fresh application in country does it affect the continuity of long residence?
i'll be grateful if anyone cud help
thanks
Yes quite a few people have won the IGS to PSW transition at the appeal stage. This is a prominent case:

http://www.gherson.com/News/Ghersonsucc ... ments.aspx

It can take anything upwards from 2 months after the appeal is allowed to get the visa stamped on your passport.

If you are succesful in your appeal the visa start date will be on the date the visa was stamped... a friend of mine had her visa expire in September after a refusal...the appeal process took about 7 months, her visa start date was April 2009 instead of last year september.

And no, long continuity residence period is not affected if you are under an appeal as your leave is treated as "continuing" until you get a result.

syed ali

thanks

Post by syed ali » Tue May 05, 2009 1:17 pm

thanks for ur detialed reply, good news for me is that they start period of extention after the decision which is briliant for me. thanks again

despondent
Newly Registered

Re: IGS_PSW refusal due to maintenance funds

Post by despondent » Tue May 05, 2009 6:18 pm

Replying to Syed Ali
1. when your visa is refused on the basis of bank statement which is 9 days difference, then on what grounds have you filed an appeal and why do you think that it will be successfull?
2. you can't make a fresh application as you have no leave to remain, all what you have is the continuation of leave and which will cease to exist if you attempt to apply fresh application.
3. as told by somebody, you will be given the start date (IF SUCCESSFUL) the time of stamping

mickijl
Newly Registered

PSW rejected due to maintenance

Post by mickijl » Wed May 06, 2009 2:30 pm

My boyfriend just had his PSW refused as he was £13 short of the £800 required in his account. This was evident in his bank statement in November 2008. He submitted his application in January 2009 so supplied his bank details for Nov, Dec and Jan, so it was literally only that one month that was a problem.

He sent his appeal papers off today to show that he has maintained £800 the whole time since November, as well as wage slips, so that's 6 months of evidence.

Has any one heard of a similar case being successful at appeal? I looked through the AIT site but couldn't see anything.

trahar2003
Newly Registered

Post by trahar2003 » Wed May 06, 2009 7:34 pm

Yes i have won my appeal with a similar case ,i went short by £5 for a few hours so i dont see why should not be given ok
you could check my postings as well

mickijl
Newly Registered

Post by mickijl » Thu May 07, 2009 1:54 pm

trahar2003 wrote:Yes i have won my appeal with a similar case ,i went short by £5 for a few hours so i dont see why should not be given ok
you could check my postings as well

Thanks so much for that reassurance. I will have a look at your posts too.