ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Language of application documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mvent00
Diamond Member

Language of application documents

Post by mvent00 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:40 am

I plan to apply for Tier 1 from a European country. My pay slips and related documents for application are in this European language (Not in English). I am going to apply in British Embassy here. Do I need to translate all these documents to English? Previously I have applied for a visit visa to UK here and I submitted all the required documents in this European language and I have got the visa, but I am not sure what would be the case with Tier 1 application?
Any answers in this regard would be appreciated.
Last edited by mvent00 on Tue May 05, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shucya
Newly Registered

Re: Language of application documents and dependent funds.

Post by Shucya » Tue May 05, 2009 11:25 am

mvent00 wrote:I plan to apply for Tier 1 from a European country. I have two questions:

1 - My pay slips and related documents for application are in this European language (Not in English). I am going to apply in British Embassy here. Do I need to translate all these documents to English? Previously I have applied for a visit visa to UK here and I submitted all the required documents in this European language and I have got the visa, but I am not sure what would be the case with Tier 1 application?

Any answers in this regard would be appreciated.
It is always useful to read the official documents first.

If you go to the HO web- site- please see the link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /applying/
you will see that Clause 14 on Page 6 of the Guidelines says that 'where a document is not in English or Welsh, the original must be accompanied by a fully certified translation by a professional translator. This translation must include details of the translator's credentials and confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the opriginal document. It must also be dated and include the original signature of the translator'

Good luck

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Shucya wrote:

you will see that Clause 14 on Page 6 of the Guidelines says that 'where a document is not in English or Welsh, the original must be accompanied by a fully certified translation by a professional translator. This translation must include details of the translator's credentials and confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the opriginal document. It must also be dated and include the original signature of the translator'

Good luck
Thanks for your post. In this case my question is if they decide the fate of our appliacation here or in UK. I guess it is here, because the processing times mentioned on their website is around 10 days or so. Secondly, as I have told you earlier that I have successfully applied for visa with this European language documents here. So, it makes me think like that it might be fine. I have wrote to them as well but did not hear from them yet. If any person from European countries (outside UK) have successfully applied for tier 1/HSMP visa and read this post, I would like to hear from him or any persons with similar experience. Many thanks and best regards,

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue May 05, 2009 7:05 pm

Hi mvent,

Did you applied and received HSMP or Tier 1 Visa using documents in foreign language. I don't you can do it.
Not sure about other visas(visitor etc) but for Tier1 you need to translate documents in English.

mvent00 wrote:
Shucya wrote:

Good luck
Thanks for your post. In this case my question is if they decide the fate of our appliacation here or in UK. I guess it is here, because the processing times mentioned on their website is around 10 days or so. Secondly, as I have told you earlier that I have successfully applied for visa with this European language documents here. So, it makes me think like that it might be fine. I have wrote to them as well but did not hear from them yet. If any person from European countries (outside UK) have successfully applied for tier 1/HSMP visa and read this post, I would like to hear from him or any persons with similar experience. Many thanks and best regards,

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue May 05, 2009 9:51 pm

Thanks Chetanojha. No it was not a Tier 1 or HSMP, it was a short term visitor visa. In this case I have to do a lot of additional work. :cry:. What would you suggest for translating the documents? I mean who can be classified as a professional translator, somebody appointed by British Embassy here or any law firm would be okay for doing this? Thank you.

PS: What do you think where would they decide the fate of my application? Here or in UK? I mean if they are going to decide here, they have all the staff from this country and this should not be a problem for them to understand the documents in their own language. If they are going to decide it in UK then we can say it must be translated into English? Anyway, to be on the safe side, I should do it. Thank you.
chetanojha wrote:Hi mvent,

Did you applied and received HSMP or Tier 1 Visa using documents in foreign language. I don't you can do it.
Not sure about other visas(visitor etc) but for Tier1 you need to translate documents in English.