ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR issue due to Tax payment - pls advise

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GoodnessGraciousMe
Newly Registered

ILR issue due to Tax payment - pls advise

Post by GoodnessGraciousMe » Wed May 06, 2009 12:19 pm

I wish to withdraw my question
Last edited by GoodnessGraciousMe on Wed May 06, 2009 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: ILR issue due to Tax payment - pls advise

Post by Wanderer » Wed May 06, 2009 12:23 pm

GoodnessGraciousMe wrote:Hi all,

I wish to apply for ILR based on the JR of 4 yrs, when the rulings are out.

I wanted to get guidance on following query :

1st year - I came to UK in 2005 and worked as an employee and paid tax/NI and got P60. And extended HSMP visa.

2nd Year - From Apr 2006 onwards I worked as a contractor via my own Ltd company and due to my negligence and my not-so-good accountant, he paid all the money as dividend and I ended up not paying any tax or NI. And in personal tax filing also I didn't show any earnings. So from tax contribution and NI point of view I didn't pay anything.

3rd & 4th year - From May 2007 I have been working for a company as permanent employee and paid all tax and NI for last 2 years.

I'm worried that will my 2nd year gaffe affect my ILR application.
And if yes is there a way to rectify it.

Many thanks in advance

-GGM
You still pay income tax on dividends are you saying that this tax has not been paid?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

GoodnessGraciousMe
Newly Registered

Post by GoodnessGraciousMe » Wed May 06, 2009 12:27 pm

-- text deleted ---

web2005

Post by web2005 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:38 pm

Wanderer wrote:
GoodnessGraciousMe wrote:Hi all,

I wish to apply for ILR based on the JR of 4 yrs, when the rulings are out.

I wanted to get guidance on following query :

1st year - I came to UK in 2005 and worked as an employee and paid tax/NI and got P60. And extended HSMP visa.

2nd Year - From Apr 2006 onwards I worked as a contractor via my own Ltd company and due to my negligence and my not-so-good accountant, he paid all the money as dividend and I ended up not paying any tax or NI. And in personal tax filing also I didn't show any earnings. So from tax contribution and NI point of view I didn't pay anything.

3rd & 4th year - From May 2007 I have been working for a company as permanent employee and paid all tax and NI for last 2 years.

I'm worried that will my 2nd year gaffe affect my ILR application.
And if yes is there a way to rectify it.

Many thanks in advance

-GGM
You still pay income tax on dividends are you saying that this tax has not been paid?
When applying for ILR, do checks for income tax are carried out? As far as I know, you can get away with latest P60 and last 12 months payslips.

What is other's opinion on this?

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed May 06, 2009 5:39 pm

GoodnessGraciousMe wrote:I wish to withdraw my question
SO rude to just delete your posts./?
did you get your answer or were you embarassed by your question?