ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

first arrival : Garda REG or EU1 form?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

b_aminefr
Newly Registered

first arrival : Garda REG or EU1 form?

Post by b_aminefr » Wed May 06, 2009 3:32 pm

Hi guys,I read the forum and I would like to thank all participants for their help. I am non-EU spouse of EU national, my wife lives in Ireland since 2006. for the moment I live in Prague (Czech). I got multi D visa as EUTR applicant, I want visit my wife for 10 days then retun to prague to fnish some deals in my university(I will be able to join my wife in july). The Irish embassy advised me to go to Garda, at the same time I heard about EU1 application : can I do something during my 10 days? or may I let all for july?I dont want do a mistake or misunderstanding(I heard that this DoJ is really hard), so plz if someone has any idea I will be thankfull :)

dar_man
Newly Registered

Post by dar_man » Fri May 08, 2009 7:24 pm

Hello there,

From my experience you cannot register with garda unless you have first applied for EU1.

And to apply for EU1 you need to send by post your original passports and wedding certificate (among other things). They usually return them back to you within a couple of weeks but since you are going to be here only for 10 days don't risk it.

Good luck

b_aminefr
Newly Registered

Post by b_aminefr » Sat May 09, 2009 8:33 am

dar_man wrote:Hello there,

From my experience you cannot register with garda unless you have first applied for EU1.

And to apply for EU1 you need to send by post your original passports and wedding certificate (among other things). They usually return them back to you within a couple of weeks but since you are going to be here only for 10 days don't risk it.

Good luck
Hi dar_man,
Thank you for replying,so as I understood, I do nothing during these 10 days ? is it right? and there is no problem with my visa ? I dont have visa : "join spouse"?, so hope it will be ok in july ...

dar_man
Newly Registered

Post by dar_man » Sat May 09, 2009 1:00 pm

With what visa you plan to visit Ireland??? Sorry but I am not good with acronyms. What EUTR refers to?

I hope you know that Ireland is not part of Schengen and hence you will need an Irish visa to come here. Also make sure it's multiple entry, since you plan to go back and forth.

In general, EU1 and registering with Garda are for people who intent to stay in the country in long term (3 months +). So, indeed I think you shouldn't do anything during your 10 days trip.

Regards

b_aminefr
Newly Registered

Post by b_aminefr » Sat May 09, 2009 3:31 pm

dar_man wrote:With what visa you plan to visit Ireland??? Sorry but I am not good with acronyms. What EUTR refers to?

I hope you know that Ireland is not part of Schengen and hence you will need an Irish visa to come here. Also make sure it's multiple entry, since you plan to go back and forth.

In general, EU1 and registering with Garda are for people who intent to stay in the country in long term (3 months +). So, indeed I think you shouldn't do anything during your 10 days trip.

Regards
Hi again,
let me explain little : last month i asked for visa C 1 entry (10 days) to visit my wife. After 12 days, I got VISA D multi(EUTR Applicant valid 6 months). Du to some works here in my university, i cant stay this time more than 10 days. So, in the end of june or july, i'll go back to ireland again but this time to stay with my wife.
So i dont know, in real I want stay for my wife. but some works here oblige me to back to Prague for some time. Hope is little clear now>
Thanx
EUTR : i think it means EU treaty rights (but i m not sure 100%)

dar_man
Newly Registered

Post by dar_man » Sat May 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Hi there,
Indeed it's clearer now.
Since chances are that you won't get your passport back within the 10 days of your stay, better you postpone your EU1 application until July.
Regards

b_aminefr
Newly Registered

Post by b_aminefr » Sun May 10, 2009 9:02 am

dar_man wrote:Hi there,
Indeed it's clearer now.
Since chances are that you won't get your passport back within the 10 days of your stay, better you postpone your EU1 application until July.
Regards
hi dar_man,
thanks for explain. at least I have an idea now what to do next week(in fact : do nothing ;) ).
thanks for all people who have the time for replying on this website.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon May 11, 2009 1:09 pm

I would send in the EU1 application with a photocopy of the Eu and the non-EU passport. Include a note that says that you need the passport for travel and will submit it when the 4EUFam stamp is ready to issue or you will not need it for further travel.

See what happens.

Worst case they send it back to you. No application fee to loose!

b_aminefr
Newly Registered

Post by b_aminefr » Mon May 11, 2009 4:11 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:I would send in the EU1 application with a photocopy of the Eu and the non-EU passport. Include a note that says that you need the passport for travel and will submit it when the 4EUFam stamp is ready to issue or you will not need it for further travel.

See what happens.

Hi Directive/2004/38/EC,
Thanx for advise, u'r right : I'll loose nothing. I'll try it next week and send results here.

b_aminefr
Newly Registered

Post by b_aminefr » Tue May 26, 2009 8:51 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:I would send in the EU1 application with a photocopy of the Eu and the non-EU passport. Include a note that says that you need the passport for travel and will submit it when the 4EUFam stamp is ready to issue or you will not need it for further travel.

See what happens.

Hi "Directive/2004/38/EC",
I returned yesterday from Ireland, I say what happened :
1 - In Dublin Airport, The officer asked me about purpose of my visit (visit spouse), he stamped my passport (10 days),then I got GNIB Number (they took photo of me).
2 - 3 days later,I visited Garda (out of Dublin): they saw my passport/visa,certificate of marriage,pps number of my wife, they took another photo and fingers prints and asked me to apply for EU1 form, I said that I have to travel to Czech so I can't send my original passport, their advise was : make copy and bring next time, we will make stamp on it and write a note why you send just copy.
3 - 3 days later, I returned to garda and took my registration card with stamp 4 valid for the period of visa(19/oct). Ah, and they stamped copy of my passport.
Now, I let all documents with my wife, she wait for her job contract, then she will send all to EU treaty rights/Dublin.
hope it will be ok.
At the moment, that's all

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue May 26, 2009 9:00 am

Good for you! And thanks for letter us know what you had to do!