ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner's Achievement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ashwin2005

Partner's Achievement

Post by Ashwin2005 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:30 am

Dear all,

I am in the process of applying for HSMP. I need your help and guidance.

(1) My wife has a university degree in commerce third class. Will the HSMP team consider this for awarding points?
(2) We are married for the last 10 years. The utility bills etc., have always been in my name. Will it be sufficient if I submit joint bank account details and marriage certificate only?

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:35 pm

Maybe you should check her degree with NARIC, just to be sure it is equivalent to a uk university degree.

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:15 am

Ashwin,

Which university was your wife studied? you name suggests you are and Indian, has she studied in India? if she has completed her 15 years of education, she'll get points for her degree. Regarding your proof's of staying together, you can even submit the letter from your housing society that you are staying togather at the same address for last XXXX years.

Hope this will help,

Wish you all the best,

Dhaval

Ashwin2005

partner's achievements

Post by Ashwin2005 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:45 am

Thanks very much lbfrancois, dhavaluk for your reply.

(1) My wife's degree is B.com from Madras University. Unfortunately she has obtained only third class since there were arrears and completed later. My question is will degree with third class will be considered on par with UK degree? I am planning to submit my application next week and I dont have time to verify the comparability from NARIC.
(2) There is no housing society in our place. Can I Obtain a letter from my employer stating that she is my dependent. (My company pays dependency allowance for all dependents).

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Re: partner's achievements

Post by yodiyokun » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:43 pm

Ashwin2005 wrote:Thanks very much lbfrancois, dhavaluk for your reply.

(1) My wife's degree is B.com from Madras University. Unfortunately she has obtained only third class since there were arrears and completed later. My question is will degree with third class will be considered on par with UK degree? I am planning to submit my application next week and I dont have time to verify the comparability from NARIC.
(2) There is no housing society in our place. Can I Obtain a letter from my employer stating that she is my dependent. (My company pays dependency allowance for all dependents).
ashwin.
take time to read the guidance notes
you need 3 docs apart from your marriage cert toprove you have been living together.
make sure the docs you provided are spanned over at least 2 years.
you can provide docaddressed to you and some jointly but must have the same address.

a letter from your compay will not be accepted
some docs accepted are
tenancy agreement or mortgage papers.
bank statements
utility bills
credit card statements
birth certs of children stating both parents name and address.
vehicle insurance with address.
tax documents... etc

the questions you have asked so far are answered in the guidance notes.
do yourself a favour and read it.
My bow has been renewed

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:55 pm

Dear Ashwin,

Don't worry for the class that she has achioeved, they haven't asked for any class, they simply need graduation, so if she has completed graduation and has a degree certificate, go ahead. WHo inserted this thought of 1sr/2nd/3rd class in ur mind? where do you people get such fency doubts from?

your second question is better answered in the reply of yodiyokun, please help yourself by reading the guidelines carefully and do the needful

Ashwin2005

partner's achievements

Post by Ashwin2005 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:53 pm

Dear dhaval, yodiyokun,

Thanks very much for your reply. Your comments are very useful.

Ashwin