ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused / How can I apply for review??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lbfrancois

Refused / How can I apply for review??

Post by lbfrancois » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:32 pm

Hi

I just called HSMP and they informed me my applications was rejected.

claimed points:

Work Experience: 50
Past Earnings: 25
Partner Points: 10

Points earned:

Past Earnings: 25

I still dont know why they didnt give me points for work, I suppose they dont qualify my work as graduate. My husband has the same job position, so I think that's why they didnt give me points for partner.

I tried to talk to my caseworker today, but he will only be there next monday.

Can anybody tell me how I can apply for a free review or a paid review?

How much is a paid review? What is the process to apply for a paid review?

Thank you very much,
Lu.

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:55 pm

im so sorry about this francois
theres a new review form posted on the www.workingintheuk.gov site.
you can check it up.
But i think reviews take longer this days ( I mean the unpaid one).
when u get your docs back let us know the reasons stated for refusal and then maybe u can repackage and re apply..

reapplying is same as paid review.. which is 315gbp again.

keep us posted
My bow has been renewed

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:39 pm

Hi!

I called HSMP this morning and they read to me the notes the caseworker wrote on my file. It seems that they didnt assess my work experience as Graduate Level.

This is very strange, as I have provided a lot of evidence to support my claim. I have provided detailed reference letters from 4 previous employers in company letter head paper. The letters detailed my responsabilities and activities, job role, start/end date, and salary, also mentioned that the job role required graduate level or equivalent experience. For my last employer I have also provided the Corporate Contract, my Limited Company contract. I have also provide my certificates in Information Technology along with some job postings showing that I can easily find graduate level job in UK.

I have earned points for past earnings, the evidences I provided for this category were: Tax documents, accountant letter showing 12 months earnings.

I didnt get partner's achievements points because my partner has the same job role as I do, so they didnt think it was graduate level either.

I am applying for a free review today, along with an urgent treament.

I would appreciate if you could read my "review letter" and give me your opinions about it. Here it goes:

" The reason why I am asking for a review is due to the fact that my work experience and partner achievements have been incorrectly assessed.

My field of work is Information Technology, and my current and previous job roles require graduate level or equivalent experience, as stated on the detailed reference letters I have provided and can be easy verified by contacting my employers.

As I mentioned on the letters, I am responsible for design and implementation of complex Information Technology network infrastructures, development of network solutions and architectures, consultancy, among other responsibilities. My position requires a high level of study and experience. I hold premier certifications from worldwide known Information Technology companies, they require great deal of knowledge which one could not acquire working in a undergraduate position.

I have provided accountant letters, tax documents and Corporate Contract showing my earnings, which are in accordance to a graduate level position.

I also believe that my partner’s achievement was incorrectly assessed. His job role also requires graduate level or equivalent experience, as stated in the detailed reference letter provided by his employer. He also holds premier certifications in Information Technology, which require great level of knowledge and experience to acquire. I have also provided account letter, tax documents and Corporate Contract showing his earnings, which are in accordance to graduate level or equivalent job role.

I have sent an urgent request form due to the fact that I have received a job offer for a Senior Consultant position in UK. I would also like to highlight the fact that this is a position for a graduate level or equivalent experience job and I would not have received this offer if I didn’t have graduate level work experience.

My current and previous employers were contacted and all the information I provided was easily verified. I believe that I have provided enough evidence to support my claim. "

Thank you!
Lu.