ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent queries in VAF9 form

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rnvv
Newly Registered

urgent queries in VAF9 form

Post by rnvv » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:26 pm

hi - i've been a regular follower of the discussions here and would greatly appreciate your help on a few queries i am still uncertain about:

1) Would like to confirm that there is no VAF9 form specific guidance for filling this form... we are only meant to use our Self Assessment Summary as a guide as well as the Tier 1 General PBS policy guidance?

2) In VAF9, in Part 4, Previous Earnings Assessment, i am claiming earnings for 1 Jan 2008 to 31 Dec 2008.. during this period my company had been acquired, hence the payslips have different employer names - do i need to put this as two sources of earnings? Or can i put the company name under 'Source of Earnings' as for e.g. Apple (ex-Orange) and then mention the situation in my application cover letter.

3) Again in the same section, I am able to submit Form 16 (employer copy) but this only covers 3 months of the period i am claiming - should i put a cross 'X' in the documents being submitted section or just mention it as additional evidence in my cover letter again?

Thanks very much.

Tier1_Bristol

Re: urgent queries in VAF9 form

Post by Tier1_Bristol » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:27 pm

rnvv wrote:hi - i've been a regular follower of the discussions here and would greatly appreciate your help on a few queries i am still uncertain about:

1) Would like to confirm that there is no VAF9 form specific guidance for filling this form... we are only meant to use our Self Assessment Summary as a guide as well as the Tier 1 General PBS policy guidance?

2) In VAF9, in Part 4, Previous Earnings Assessment, i am claiming earnings for 1 Jan 2008 to 31 Dec 2008.. during this period my company had been acquired, hence the payslips have different employer names - do i need to put this as two sources of earnings? Or can i put the company name under 'Source of Earnings' as for e.g. Apple (ex-Orange) and then mention the situation in my application cover letter.

3) Again in the same section, I am able to submit Form 16 (employer copy) but this only covers 3 months of the period i am claiming - should i put a cross 'X' in the documents being submitted section or just mention it as additional evidence in my cover letter again?

Thanks very much.
1. Yes
2. No. Dont show as separate source. Have a separate covering letter for Earnings clearly mentioning that the company is acquired and if possible, attach a printout of the company website which mentions about the acquisition. Also provide the URL in the covering letter.
3. My advice is not to attach Form 16 if it is not covering the whole period. Even dont attach it as a additional documents. I know few friends who got rejected for attaching P60/Form 16 which didnt cover the claiming period. Just ORIGINAL payslips or Employer letter with Bank statements will do.

All the very best.

Cheers
Gita

bobbyy
Newly Registered

Re: urgent queries in VAF9 form

Post by bobbyy » Thu May 07, 2009 8:40 am

Tier1_Bristol wrote:
rnvv wrote:hi - i've been a regular follower of the discussions here and would greatly appreciate your help on a few queries i am still uncertain about:

Thanks very much.
Hi,

Any body have employer cover letter format, please send to srudra@gmail.com

Thank you.
Kumar.

1. Yes
2. No. Dont show as separate source. Have a separate covering letter for Earnings clearly mentioning that the company is acquired and if possible, attach a printout of the company website which mentions about the acquisition. Also provide the URL in the covering letter.
3. My advice is not to attach Form 16 if it is not covering the whole period. Even dont attach it as a additional documents. I know few friends who got rejected for attaching P60/Form 16 which didnt cover the claiming period. Just ORIGINAL payslips or Employer letter with Bank statements will do.

All the very best.

Cheers
Gita