ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

witness statement question - please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alexis2000

witness statement question - please help

Post by alexis2000 » Tue May 05, 2009 7:57 pm

Hello,

Wonder if anyone could clarify this question:

My hearing is this 18th of May. Supposedly i should have a witness statement ready. Do I have to submitt it by post/fax prior the hearing day or should I just take it with me on the hearing day?

Many thanks.

Alexis2000

THENDIST

Post by THENDIST » Wed May 06, 2009 12:18 pm

Witness statement and the document bundles must be sent to the AIT and respondent at least five working days before the hearing. Send only copies of the documents - take the originals with you to the hearing.

bananafish

Post by bananafish » Wed May 06, 2009 7:23 pm

THENDIST wrote:Witness statement and the document bundles must be sent to the AIT and respondent at least five working days before the hearing. Send only copies of the documents - take the originals with you to the hearing.
Oh Oh. I think I made a boo-boo!

My hearing is on the 12th of May.

I am going to send my witness statement and bundle either tonight by fax....or early morning. Making sure it reaches them by the 7th of May. That is 5 days before the hearing. I did not take it as 5 working days.

Does this mean I messed up? The directions do not clarify 5 working days. Unlike, the time they instructed to send the appeal form within 10 days of the decision, which clearly specified this issue..

So now? Will they not consider my bundle?

THENDIST

Post by THENDIST » Thu May 07, 2009 10:26 am

bananafish - you are right - it does say five days - not working days - however my solicitor mentioned five working days - better to be safe. I would advice you to fax your bundle as soon as possible. I am sure the AIT is not as cruel as the HO!

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sat May 09, 2009 3:52 pm

THENDIST wrote:bananafish - you are right - it does say five days - not working days - however my solicitor mentioned five working days - better to be safe. I would advice you to fax your bundle as soon as possible. I am sure the AIT is not as cruel as the HO!
Yes they are quite lenient unlike their HO counterparts. All the best with your appeal.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown