ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

legacy case

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

magalani
Newly Registered

legacy case

Post by magalani » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:51 am

i have a son who is 3 years, i have been in uk for more than 7 years do i qualify for ILR? thank you

nksg

Re: legacy case

Post by nksg » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:55 pm

It depends on your existing terms of your current visa.. i.e if you have spent any time on student visa, it wont count towards ILR.
magalani wrote:i have a son who is 3 years, i have been in uk for more than 7 years do i qualify for ILR? thank you

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:15 pm

OP was on ayslum as mentioned in other post and was granted ELR for 1 year.

If you have been informed that your case is legacy case then it should be dealt by 2011 and you will be granted ILR.

Best of luck
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

magalani
Newly Registered

Post by magalani » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:09 pm

no have not been told its a legacy case, can i apply under art8?

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:14 pm

Your case is automatically legacy case so you now need to push Home Office to make quick decision.

magalani
Newly Registered

Post by magalani » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:34 pm

my wife left, now i live with my son and his not british. applied for asylum in 2002 got an elr for 1yr 3months. applied an extension home office made blunders in contacting me and lost the letters the shd have sent me for an interview. only found out in 2008 that my appl was rejected in 2005 after applying for benefits. they know they have made a mistake but kept quiet. do i apply under art8? they have not told me my case is legacy

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:02 pm

Like i said, your case will be considered as legacy case because you claimed ayslum before 2007.

Yes you have full rights of applying under article 8.

Check my other threads regarding legacy cases to get an idea how you could speed up this process.

magalani
Newly Registered

Post by magalani » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:15 pm

hamid how do i check your other threads please help

ccna
Newly Registered

phoned the HO & been told we're not on legacy case list

Post by ccna » Thu May 07, 2009 11:20 am

hamid84 wrote:Like i said, your case will be considered as legacy case because you claimed ayslum before 2007.

Yes you have full rights of applying under article 8.

Check my other threads regarding legacy cases to get an idea how you could speed up this process.
How do you personal see my case?

Hi there,

I'm a newbie on this forum and this is my situation:
My partner(woman from Benin-West africa) and I(man from Ivory Coast-west africa) came in dec 2001 as students,we had one child in 2005 and claimed asylum in march 2006.It was refused the same year.But because of the child I think we're still in a NASS accommodation and the Home Office continue to provide my partner and child with weekly benefits,but they cut mine.Our circumstances have since changed because we now have 3 children(a 3 & half year-old, 1 & half year-old, and a new born babe).Our sollicitor sent all 4 photos of each one of us with a later explaining everything 6 months ago.
Later...one week ago, I called the H.O. on their enquiry line and they told that my partner and I are not on the legacy case list.Is it tue? Where could we go from here? What does take for people to be on legacy case list? We are very disappointed for that and don't have a clue of what to do next. Do we go and see the MP to act on our behaf? do we stress the situation to our sollicitor(we're on legal aid) who really does not do us any favour on the progress of our case.We've been with him since 2007.Please we need guidance from all those who've been and done that and got their legacy case sorted with a positive response(ILR). Regards

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Thu May 07, 2009 11:31 am

You claimed asylum in 2006 so your case is not LEGACY.

You case will be dealt under fast track system + it's only been 3 years since you have claimed asylum so please allow some more time and have patience.

It could / could not be good idea to contact MP at this stage. The more time passes, more chances of success.

I personally would suggest to wait for some more time. I know its painful as we went through this for 8 years.

Here is what i have experienced about case worker.

If you send him/her hell of letters, he/she will either

Get fed up and say.. Uffff this applicant is too much.. I am leaving him on side and will do whenever i am in good mood

OR

Ufff, this applicant is in need of ILR after so much pain so grant him stay.

I wish everyone very good luck and remember, its your case and you have to fight for it. Do not fully rely on solicitors. They are only money making machines.

ccna
Newly Registered

Post by ccna » Fri May 08, 2009 6:43 pm

[quote="hamid84"]You claimed asylum in 2006 so your case is not LEGACY.

You case will be dealt under fast track system + it's only been 3 years since you have claimed asylum so please allow some more time and have patience.

Hi hamid84, I'm honestly confused about your above quote, bcos I've read in forums where I've told my situation and this was their answer :

..I definatly think u r a legacy case!.. a legacy case is were an initial asylum claim was made before march 2007! ring H.O public enquiry, they will be able to confirm it for u!

Please I really do need clarification. My claim has certainly been made befaore march 2007!