ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for dependent visa Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

availableforward
Newly Registered

Application for dependent visa Tier 1

Post by availableforward » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:14 pm

Hi

I am currently applying for Tier 1 visa with my wife as dependent who is residing with me here.

What are the forms and documents required and is a fee required for applying ?

I would like to apply this week itself, so it would be really helpful if anybody could help me out soon.

Thanks,

moonfog

Post by moonfog » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:32 am

where is here?

Can you be alittle more clearer if you are applying from India Or the UK?

From India its VAF9 for the dependant, VAF10 for main applicant and forms are available on

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs

From UK u can download the form from

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ationform/

And pls care to look around the forum you will get all the information you need rather than having to start a new thread.

Cheers.

availableforward
Newly Registered

Post by availableforward » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:25 am

I am residing in UK for the past 2 years and I am applying for dependent visa for my wife along with my Tier 1 application.
To be more specific, should I fill out a seperate application form for dependents and attach with my application form? Do I have to pay for the dependent application? And what are the documents that I should be submitting with the form? My friends who applied just like me didnt use the dependent visa application so I was wondering if there was a change in the procedure from November.

I thought that there will be many more in my situation who can be helped with this thread because I didnt find a similiar situation else where in the forum.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Thanks,

antony

Post by antony » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:04 am

Hi,

As stated, there are more discussions happened in the forum. Have a search for the topic that you want and you get the response.

Antony
If the opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:37 pm

availableforward,
you need to send the dependent application filled along with your application form.if you are sending the dependent application form along with the main applicant there is no fee to bee paid for that.
please go through the policy guidence on the http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ and also in the forum.you will get all the details.
all the best.
availableforward wrote:I am residing in UK for the past 2 years and I am applying for dependent visa for my wife along with my Tier 1 application.
To be more specific, should I fill out a seperate application form for dependents and attach with my application form? Do I have to pay for the dependent application? And what are the documents that I should be submitting with the form? My friends who applied just like me didnt use the dependent visa application so I was wondering if there was a change in the procedure from November.

I thought that there will be many more in my situation who can be helped with this thread because I didnt find a similiar situation else where in the forum.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Thanks,

PALTHURRAGHU
Newly Registered

Post by PALTHURRAGHU » Thu May 07, 2009 11:51 am

Hi There,

I was searching the dependant application form for my case(got HSMP -> Tier1 General in UK, getting married and planning to apply for dependent visa to my wife from INDIA ) and in the site I could see the application forms in the following link:

Do I need to fill in VAF 10 Application form, please advice If I need to fillIn other application forms as well.

Thanks,
Rag

vt_76

Post by vt_76 » Fri May 08, 2009 10:10 am

PALTHURRAGHU wrote:Hi There,

I was searching the dependant application form for my case(got HSMP -> Tier1 General in UK, getting married and planning to apply for dependent visa to my wife from INDIA ) and in the site I could see the application forms in the following link:

Do I need to fill in VAF 10 Application form, please advice If I need to fillIn other application forms as well.

Thanks,
Rag
When my wife enquired for applying dependent HSMP visa for my newborn son they adviced VAF10...so I think same form for tier-1, but confirm with VFS...you can mail them..they respond within reasonable time.

VT

baheri

Dependent ILR

Post by baheri » Fri May 08, 2009 12:36 pm

Hi, I have question. I am living in dis country for over five years on HSMP visa. I was abt to apply for ILR but recently ma wife come over here just month ago. I was wondering to know can I apply ILR with ma wife or I can apply for myself only at dis stage. I was told by friend dat my wife is also eligible to apply ILR!! If any one has idea let me know please thanks

tipu20

Re: Application for dependent visa Tier 1

Post by tipu20 » Fri May 08, 2009 1:02 pm

See My Answer inline
availableforward wrote:Hi

I am currently applying for Tier 1 visa with my wife as dependent who is residing with me here.

What are the forms and documents required and is a fee required for applying ?

You need Tier 1 G Form for yourself , for your wife you need to complete the dependant form.

The Form and guidance have more information on details on what exactly you need to provide.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... linsideuk/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ationform/

For Dependants they have started charging 50 pound when applied with main applicant

I would like to apply this week itself, so it would be really helpful if anybody could help me out soon.

Thanks,

PALTHURRAGHU
Newly Registered

Tier1 Dependent got Visa - deadlines to travel UK

Post by PALTHURRAGHU » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:48 pm

Hi All,

I am on Tier1 General and my wife got Dependent visa and it is valid from 30-June-2009, right now I am in UK and my wife is in India. can any one tell me are there any specific deadlines as when she must reach London( some one told me that once a visa is issued, they need to land in UK within 28 days).

Could some one please help me out on this please.

thanks,
Rag

ramgsk

Re: Tier1 Dependent got Visa - deadlines to travel UK

Post by ramgsk » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:41 pm

That is not true. When it is for dependant there is no specific timeline she can join you, she can join you even an year later also, only thing is at her time of travel she should still be having visa validity for a reasonable amount of stay, say 6 months.
PALTHURRAGHU wrote:Hi All,

I am on Tier1 General and my wife got Dependent visa and it is valid from 30-June-2009, right now I am in UK and my wife is in India. can any one tell me are there any specific deadlines as when she must reach London( some one told me that once a visa is issued, they need to land in UK within 28 days).

Could some one please help me out on this please.

thanks,
Rag
- Ramgsk