ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 visa application experiences/questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

varghesejim
India

Tier1 visa application experiences/questions

Post by varghesejim » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:03 am

Hello Guys,

I was planning to apply on Feb 12, but seems like w'ont be able to do so.I noticed the english language letter I obtained from university says "This is to certify the XXXXXX is a bonfide student......".Notice the 'the' preceding the name.I dont think this certificate will have any credibility to prove that I studied in English :D Now I need to travel to Chennai(madras univesity) from Bangalore(my workplace) to correct the certificate.Not an easy thing to do...So, please make sure the certificate dont have any spelling/grammer mistakes when you get it from the uni.

I do have a couple of questions

1)I am applying alone now, and will apply for my wife once I reach there in UK and get a job.So, I am putting "Yes" for the question "Is your wife joing in the next 12 months?" and explain the plan in the additional information section. As I am applying alone, do I need to attach my marriage certificate with the application?I noticed a fellow member in the forum attached the marriage certificate in the same scenario.Can someone clarify?

2) I am claiming my gross salary for earnings, and as proof I am submitting 12 months bank statement and payslips.As the bank statement will show only net salary, can I claim the gross salary?I mean the proof of my gross salary is only in the payslip.

Also please have a look at my document details below.Please let me know if you find any problem.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Planned date for applying :12th feb(postponed to 17 feb)
Planned date for flying :10 April

Qualification : MCA-Madras Uni
Qualification is there in Self-Assessment Points Calculator
Docs:Degree certificate, NARIC letter
English : MCA-Madras Uni
Docs:Letter from University(with grammer mistake-need to change)
Maintanence
Docs:5 months bank statement from standard chartered(TBO), letter from bank that the funds are there for 5 months(TBO)
Earnings
Docs: 12 months payslips(Feb 2008-Jan 2009) signed and stamped by HR(TBO), 12 months bank statement( 1 feb 2008 - 31 jan 2009) in official stationary(TBO).
Additional docs
marriage certificate, Oanada printout for 31 jan 2009(for earnings conversion).

TBO- To Be Obtained

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:07 am

On general inspection, that looks fine to me!

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:42 pm

Thanks Jabber.

Can someone clarify my query on providing marriage cerificate and proof for gross salary.
drjabberwocky23 wrote:On general inspection, that looks fine to me!

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:42 pm

With regards to your question regarding gross salary, there shouldn't be any problem with what you're submitting. The calculations will be made using the gross salary on your payslips, and the bank statements will show your net salary being paid in. You do not need two pieces of separate evidence as proof of gross salary specifically.

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

hi

Post by tapindersingh » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:51 pm

To answer your marriage certificate question:

I have the same scenario, I have applied for my tier 1 from VFS Chandigarh and I will apply for my partner and baby to be dependent on me in July. I have NOT attached our marriage certificate, although in the additional information, I have specified that my partner will be joining in July and we will produce the marriage certificate then.

I am yet to hear a decision, All the best :-)

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier1 visa application experiences/questions

Post by Jedi001 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:35 pm

varghesejim wrote:Hello Guys,

I was planning to apply on Feb 12, but seems like w'ont be able to do so.I noticed the english language letter I obtained from university says "This is to certify the XXXXXX is a bonfide student......".Notice the 'the' preceding the name.I dont think this certificate will have any credibility to prove that I studied in English :D Now I need to travel to Chennai(madras univesity) from Bangalore(my workplace) to correct the certificate.Not an easy thing to do...So, please make sure the certificate dont have any spelling/grammer mistakes when you get it from the uni.

I do have a couple of questions

1)I am applying alone now, and will apply for my wife once I reach there in UK and get a job.So, I am putting "Yes" for the question "Is your wife joing in the next 12 months?" and explain the plan in the additional information section.

I did the same, I had put YES and provided my details in Part 7.

As I am applying alone, do I need to attach my marriage certificate with the application?I noticed a fellow member in the forum attached the marriage certificate in the same scenario.Can someone clarify?

YES, you should put it. here is something interesting from VAF9 form :

Page 7
Personal Details section
Unless single, please provide evidence of your marital status
e.g. marriage or civil partnership certificate

2) I am claiming my gross salary for earnings, and as proof I am submitting 12 months bank statement and payslips.As the bank statement will show only net salary, can I claim the gross salary?I mean the proof of my gross salary is only in the payslip.

Perfectly fine

Also please have a look at my document details below.Please let me know if you find any problem.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Planned date for applying :12th feb(postponed to 17 feb)
Planned date for flying :10 April

GOOD

Docs:Letter from University(with grammer mistake-need to change) - NOT REQUIRED

Maintanence
Docs:5 months bank statement from standard chartered(TBO), letter from bank that the funds are there for 5 months(TBO)
GOOD

Earnings
Docs: 12 months payslips(Feb 2008-Jan 2009) signed and stamped by HR(TBO), 12 months bank statement( 1 feb 2008 - 31 jan 2009) in official stationary(TBO).

GOOD

GOOD

Additional docs

GOOD

TBO- To Be Obtained
I do not think you require letter from University as a proof for medium of instruction. I had put as I had everything correctly spelt without any mistakes. Though it is NOT mandatory to attach it.

Here is the link to what I used for my application:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=34442
Jedi001

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:55 am

Thanks Jedi, Jabber and Tapinder.

However, I will put the English certificate with the application.It will take some pain to go to chennai and get it corrected, but let me be safe than sorry.

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:01 pm

I corrected the English language certificate and currently my document details are as follows.Please solve my queries

1)getting a letter from bank for maintenence funds. I tried hard to convince standard chartered people about this, at last they agreed to check with their legal team for if they can provide that kind of a letter. I hope they come up with a positive reply......

2) the statements they provided me for proof of earnings is not on official stationary, its a plain printout with a sign and stamp on it.The sign itself is not looking like a sign-when I told I require a sign on the statement, the bank executive put a weird sign on it which looks like a triangle.Will that cause a problem?

3)I am submitting my Salary review letter and Bonus letter with the application as these came in between in my earnings period.These are online letters, do I need to get a stamp and sign from my employer?

In general, my experience in standard chartered is very bad.I had an impression that everything will be smooth as these people have tieup with BHC for providing the DD, which is not the case.Even my salary account is in standard chartered-but the service is substandard and the employees over their are really dumb to understand what you are telling.

Planned date for applying :5th March
Planned date for flying :1 June

Docs:Letter from University
Maintanence
Docs:5 months bank statement from standard chartered(TBO)
Earnings
Docs: 12 months payslips(Feb 2008-Jan 2009) signed and stamped by HR, 12 months bank statement( 1 feb 2008 - 31 jan 2009) in official stationary, salary hike letter, bonus letter.
Additional docs

TBO- To Be Obtained

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:01 pm

I wanted to thank you all you guys especially shashi545,chetanojha,jimmymcad,drjabberwocky23 and Jedi001.
This site helped me tremendously.I applied from bangalore on 10th march and got the visa today(march 25).It took only 15 days for the process because I kept all my documents perfect, thanks to the forum.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:32 am

varghesejim wrote:I wanted to thank you all you guys especially shashi545,chetanojha,jimmymcad,drjabberwocky23 and Jedi001.
This site helped me tremendously.I applied from bangalore on 10th march and got the visa today(march 25).It took only 15 days for the process because I kept all my documents perfect, thanks to the forum.
Glad to be of help and all the best for the future.

getbharath

Post by getbharath » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:49 pm

Hello Members,

This is bharath from bangalore. I need your help. My application on 9th march was refused by ECO stating that my maintainance fund bank statement was an internet download. Actually it was an electronic statement from the ING bank itself. They attested it properly with their bank seal and signature of the officer.

Can you please let me know the chances of success in the admin review.

Thanks in advance

bharath

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:49 pm

getbharath wrote:Hello Members,

This is bharath from bangalore. I need your help. My application on 9th march was refused by ECO stating that my maintainance fund bank statement was an internet download. Actually it was an electronic statement from the ING bank itself. They attested it properly with their bank seal and signature of the officer.

Can you please let me know the chances of success in the admin review.

Thanks in advance

bharath
Did you attach a letter from the bank confirming funds for 3 months?

getbharath

Post by getbharath » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:07 pm

Hello varghese,

No I haven't attached any letter from the bank, as I thought an attested statement would be sufficient as per the guide lines.

Bharath

Sudheer26
Newly Registered

Urjennt---Contact details

Post by Sudheer26 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:28 pm

Hi Bharath,

Hope u r from bangalore.I am also from bglore and facing similar problem with my tier1 visa.my visa got refused as i submitted my bank statements on A4 paper with stamp and signature.I received it by hand from deutsche bank.

So i am planning to apply for admin revie , as i cant reapply bcoz i dont have PG qualification.

Could you please call me on my number 9379662849 or else please give ur contact number , so that i will call you..

awaitng earlierst reply.