ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Dependant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CLETIS2008
Newly Registered

EEA Dependant

Post by CLETIS2008 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:06 am

I have a relative who is my dependant and I ma just been told I can apply for what they call EEA dependant for him, how should I go about this and what forms and who to contact? Thanks for your time

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu May 29, 2008 12:07 pm

Can you say what relative they are to you? How old they are? And if they are an adult, please explain why they are dependent upon you?
John

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu May 29, 2008 2:16 pm

In another topic CLETIS2008 posted :-
CLETIS2008 wrote:She is an Adult of over 29 years and she is my half sister, I need to apply for EEA Dependant as I was told. Please I need to know how to go about it and the possibilities in it, for I on my part, I am full EEA member, working in here in UK but she is not and has been on my care for years
CLETIS2008, please don't start a new topic like that .... hit the Post Reply button!
...... but she is not and has been on my care for years
So, as a question of fact, is she your dependant, or not? Merely being related to you does not make her your dependant.
John

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Thu May 07, 2009 3:14 pm

John wrote:Can you say what relative they are to you? How old they are? And if they are an adult, please explain why they are dependent upon you?
John, on the UKBA website, it says , there is no dependant test where aperson can prove that they have leaved under the same roof before comming to UK, & continue to leave under the same roof while in the UK. In this case i real wonder why you ask the OP about the dependancy.The mere fact that the half sisiter is not working, explain the reasons for dependency. If am wrong please correct me with refference with the EU directive 2004/38.
thanks.

Josh.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu May 07, 2009 3:38 pm

DFDS, thanks for your post. All I can find is this UKBA document which does not mention what you are talking about. Can you please provide a reference to the document you are referring to?

Referring to the document I link to above, it just looks like the situation is fraught with difficult. Do we know, for example, if the half-sister is married?
John

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Thu May 07, 2009 4:08 pm

from experience there is nothin to stop you from applying but wen the time comes you will have to prove she lived with you in europe, were you transfer money to her account and sometimes proof of relation ship even dne. yes i have a friend who is gone thru the process he has peeled several time till he was taking ho to european court then they said they wud reconsider that was over a year ago and nothin been heard from ho.
hi

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Thu May 07, 2009 6:28 pm

John wrote:DFDS, thanks for your post. All I can find is this UKBA document which does not mention what you are talking about. Can you please provide a reference to the document you are referring to?

Referring to the document I link to above, it just looks like the situation is fraught with difficult. Do we know, for example, if the half-sister is married?
Hi John, thanks for that please. I understood the OP's question was about a RC, that the OP was already aqualified person leaving with a half sis who was anon EU dependant.In that case i had to quote charpter 5 under law & policy for eu case work,section 1.4 Extended family members.There is anote for case works in regarding to determination as whether an applicant is a dependant.
[/list]

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Fri May 08, 2009 12:46 pm

bebe2 wrote:from experience there is nothin to stop you from applying but wen the time comes you will have to prove she lived with you in europe, were you transfer money to her account and sometimes proof of relation ship even dne. yes i have a friend who is gone thru the process he has peeled several time till he was taking ho to european court then they said they wud reconsider that was over a year ago and not
hin been heard from ho.

bebe i can understand your point, and on this regard many immigration lawyers have indeed discouraged many applicant falling in this section 3.(2) within the difination of family members. However there some court ruling one can rely on and make their application. For example Jia is one of them, though quite anumber of them, here AIT has turned them down.Acording to my resarch over aperiod, even after sturding the 2004/38 EU directive, if the OP decides to make an application then its avalid application depending on the proof she provides.

Thanks
Josh.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri May 08, 2009 3:03 pm

John wrote:DFDS, thanks for your post. All I can find is this UKBA document which does not mention what you are talking about. Can you please provide a reference to the document you are referring to?
Subsection 2.3.2 onwards: http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary.

Especially subsect 2.4 notes: "¹Note: there is no dependency test for persons who can show that they have lived under the same roof as the EEA national before coming to the UK."

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Fri May 08, 2009 6:19 pm

Plum70 wrote:
Subsection 2.3.2 onwards: http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary.

Especially subsect 2.4 notes: "¹Note: there is no dependency test for persons who can show that they have lived under the same roof as the EEA national before coming to the UK."
Thanks Plum70 for the above link,as thats where my clarification is. However HO has decided to go further & determine where denying the OFM residence can cause any negative effect to the EU sponsor in exercising their treaty rights. I do'nt see this condition wrighten any where in the directive. Can any senior member give advise on this?

Josh.