ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling back home, on a Spous Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dinsey
Newly Registered

Travelling back home, on a Spous Visa

Post by Dinsey » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:16 pm

My wife who is here in the UK on a 2 year visa wants to go to india later this year (6 weeks hols). She obviously has a indian passport. Will I need to inform anyone or will it affect my case when I apply for indefinate leave, when her visa expires?

Anything I need to be aware of when she enters the UK again, even though she has a valid visa?

Thanks

Marie B

Post by Marie B » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:16 am

Have a look at the visa in her passport, my husband is here on a spouse visa and on it it states that it is a multiple entry visa. From what I have learnt about spouse visas you can come and go as you please, you don't have to inform anyone - she has a valid visa - should be no problem coming through passport control when she returns.

When she applies for ILR you will both have to declare all your earnings to show how you have supported yourselves without recourse to public funds and prove that you have been living together as husband and wife. As long as you can do that she can travel as much as you can both afford, although it probably doesn't look good if she is often out of the country for long periods of time.

When it comes to applying for British Citizenship there are limits to how much time you can have spent outside of the country in the previous years although they are set quite high, have a search on the immigration for family members section of this site for more info.