ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2010 - 11 UK Applicants Timelines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Extension approved

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu May 07, 2009 1:10 pm

SING_IT wrote: Result & VISA stamped: Approved valid until April 2009
Hi Sing C O N G R A T S!!!

When was your Visa stamped???

I think it is valid till April 2012???

Wish you all the best for your future stay in UK

djang0
Newly Registered

Post by djang0 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:32 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
djang0 wrote:
It took exactly one month to receive my documents back from the date of approval. Had to change my wedding date, anyways all for good :)

Its worth mentioning that whenever I called HO after 6 weeks, the status was always 'under consideration' even though it was approved long time ago. So the status what they give doesn't make any sense-at least in my case. A big thanks to this forum for helping me when things were getting under my nerves. Good luck to everyone who are waiting and would be more than happy to share my thoughts if required!!!!
djang0... Congratulations!!! that shd be really a BIG relief on your part...

i think your applicaton status, approval and docs receving experience shd be taken into consideration by others who are waiting for their applications before panicking or worrying why it is taking soo long....

Anyways.. C O N G R A T S!!! and wish you good luck on future stay in UK
Very true...and it also tells us that there is no standard operating procedure for HO and depends on case by case basis. Good to know that my case provides a ray of hope for everyone else who are waiting and more importantly to stay positive :D

Cheers,
djang0
------------------------------------------
"Everything happens for a reason"

vt_76

Post by vt_76 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:48 pm

miki wrote:
Your case given us some hope that we will get good news soon.

That is definitely true...Mine despatched y'day using special delivery envelope I have enclosed, tracked online and it is up for delivery today..Hope to see delivery card ..when I get back Home today...

It was Marriage Dates in "djang0" case, and in my case new born son in India..finally I can go and see him now after 2 months wait.

djang0
Newly Registered

Post by djang0 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:56 pm

vt_76 wrote:
miki wrote:

That is definitely true...Mine despatched y'day using special delivery envelope I have enclosed, tracked online and it is up for delivery today..Hope to see delivery card ..when I get back Home today...

It was Marriage Dates in "djang0" case, and in my case new born son in India..finally I can go and see him now after 2 months wait.
Wow!! that's really tough waiting when compared to mine... it will be good news definitely...keep us posted :)

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu May 07, 2009 3:17 pm

destiniation_london wrote:
destiniation_london wrote:Hello All,

I though I would wish my timelines of the application

Application Posted by Royal Mail -> 24th March
Application Received by HO --> 25th March
Money Debited from Account --> 27th March
Acknowledgment Letter received --> 27th March (dated 26th March)

Waiting for result (fingers crossed !! ) ...All the best to all you guys as well who are waiting for results....
As 6 weeks completed today, I called up HO this afternoon to track the status of my application. They told me it is 'Awaiting Further Consideration' . When I asked whether they are waiting for any information from me or my employer, she said they dont have that information but they may be waiting for some information from employer. I checked with my HR, she has not received any query so far.

Is anyone else as well in the similar situation. Does Awaiting Further consideration always mean they are waiitng for response from someone?????
Hello All,

I called up customer care this afternoon to find out the status of my application, they said some package has been dispatched this morning and they gave me a special delivery number. But, instead of sending it to my new apartment (5A) they have send it to my old apartment (5B).They say this is the address they have in their records for me.But, what is don't understand is i wrote my new apartment number(5A) on the special delivery envelope (which i enclosed with application), how can they overwrite it to my old apartment number.

Do you guys think, they might have done it thinking it could be mistake on my part to write wrong apartment number?

raja1082k1

Post by raja1082k1 » Thu May 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi All,

Even I have applied(+ dependant) on 19th Mar.
Was UNDER CONSIDERÄTION on 30th April
Today UNDER FURTHER CONSIDERATION.

Does it mean that my application has been processed and a final verification is pending only OR
Does it mean that they need some more information(eg: from banks,past-employers etc) for processing the appln??

Pl help!!

VK82

Post by VK82 » Thu May 07, 2009 3:59 pm

Waiting for result (fingers crossed !! ) ...All the best to all you guys as well who are waiting for results....
As 6 weeks completed today, I called up HO this afternoon to track the status of my application. They told me it is 'Awaiting Further Consideration' . When I asked whether they are waiting for any information from me or my employer, she said they dont have that information but they may be waiting for some information from employer. I checked with my HR, she has not received any query so far.

Is anyone else as well in the similar situation. Does Awaiting Further consideration always mean they are waiitng for response from someone?????
Hello All,

I called up customer care this afternoon to find out the status of my application, they said some package has been dispatched this morning and they gave me a special delivery number. But, instead of sending it to my new apartment (5A) they have send it to my old apartment (5B).They say this is the address they have in their records for me.But, what is don't understand is i wrote my new apartment number(5A) on the special delivery envelope (which i enclosed with application), how can they overwrite it to my old apartment number.

Do you guys think, they might have done it thinking it could be mistake on my part to write wrong apartment number?
First congrats destination. They might change the address according to the one provided on your application form or may be the customer service agent has no access to the address on your prepaid envelope and he just confirmed the address on your file.
My suggestion would be to contact the people living at your old address, this should save you from further wait in case the application is coming to your old address.

VK82

Post by VK82 » Thu May 07, 2009 4:03 pm

raja1082k1 wrote:Hi All,

Does it mean that my application has been processed and a final verification is pending only OR
Does it mean that they need some more information(eg: from banks,past-employers etc) for processing the appln??

Pl help!!
Logically it means your application is waiting to be double checked by a senior employee and you should get a response soon.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu May 07, 2009 4:05 pm

VK82 wrote:

Hello All,

First congrats destination. They might change the address according to the one provided on your application form or may be the customer service agent has no access to the address on your prepaid envelope and he just confirmed the address on your file.
My suggestion would be to contact the people living at your old address, this should save you from further wait in case the application is coming to your old address.
Thanks VK82...i provided my new address on Tier 1 application form, but i think they my old address against my records, maybe from my previous WP applications. I, too, think customer care person was just reading out the address in their records and he may not have access to my new address on envelope. Anyways, i have already contacted conceirge of the building about it and would be slip a note to the person living at my old address. thanks a lot......hoping for the best!! Lets see....

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu May 07, 2009 4:10 pm

one more thing, they didn't contacted my employer for any sort of verification.....

SING_IT
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Extension approved

Post by SING_IT » Thu May 07, 2009 5:13 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
SING_IT wrote: Result & VISA stamped: Approved valid until April 2009
Hi Sing C O N G R A T S!!!

When was your Visa stamped???

I think it is valid till April 2012???

Wish you all the best for your future stay in UK
Hi Ramesh,

Thanks. Visa stamped on 1 may 2009 and valid till april 2012.

manupriyam
Newly Registered

Post by manupriyam » Thu May 07, 2009 5:33 pm

Folks,

Pardon me if this had been asked mpteenth times but I made best effort in finding a post on this subject but couldn't find any. Please guide me to a proper link if you are aware of it.

I just got Tier 1 from UK and I am in UK on work permit. That means changing from WP to Tier 1.

Q1: Do I need to inform my employer about it?
Q2: Do I need to go out of the country to get new clearence and come back?
Q3: What if my dependents have to go back and come back, then do they require to carry any documents?

Appreciated

djang0
Newly Registered

Post by djang0 » Thu May 07, 2009 7:40 pm

manupriyam wrote:Folks,

Pardon me if this had been asked mpteenth times but I made best effort in finding a post on this subject but couldn't find any. Please guide me to a proper link if you are aware of it.

I just got Tier 1 from UK and I am in UK on work permit. That means changing from WP to Tier 1.

Q1: Do I need to inform my employer about it?
Q2: Do I need to go out of the country to get new clearence and come back?
Q3: What if my dependents have to go back and come back, then do they require to carry any documents?

Appreciated
Hi manupriyam,

Q1: Yes, its better to inform your employer as your were sponsored by them. Your WP has become void now anyway and it will also prevent your employer from getting into trouble with HO.

Q2: Not required. You already had your EC when u entered UK for the first time. Now that your are switching from WP to tier1, its just like any other in-country visa extension.

Q3: It would be good if they carry your tier1 approval letter just in case if the immigration officer asks and they can provide the supporting evidence for switching...and of course their passports :wink:

Hope this info helps.

Cheers.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu May 07, 2009 8:18 pm

Does anyone knows, how long it takes for Royal mail to update the status on their tracking system...this afternoon HO customer care gave me special delivery number and since then i have been trying to track it on the site. But, everytime, it keeps saying 'Come Back Later' .....and says

'Special Deliveryâ„¢ Next Day items are first tracked when they have reached our mail centre.'

As it is next day delivery, i'd have thought it to show some status by now....do you guys have any idea....????

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu May 07, 2009 8:36 pm

destiniation_london wrote:Does anyone knows, how long it takes for Royal mail to update the status on their tracking system...this afternoon HO customer care gave me special delivery number and since then i have been trying to track it on the site. But, everytime, it keeps saying 'Come Back Later' .....and says

'Special Deliveryâ„¢ Next Day items are first tracked when they have reached our mail centre.'

As it is next day delivery, i'd have thought it to show some status by now....do you guys have any idea....????
I just checked it again (well, i have been literally checking it every second)... and it shows status of in-transit......waiting eagerly for morning.... fingers crossed... lets see... :)

rahultoraul
Newly Registered

Post by rahultoraul » Thu May 07, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi,

I submitted my HSMp extension under Tier 1 application form already.
After submitting i realized that in earnings section in the application form ,
it is mentioned about the date range for which you are claiming the points,
i entered the dates from 25- apr-2008 to 30th march 2009 (instead of 1 apr 2008 to 30th march 2009),
as i thought my salary debits on 25th of every month.

But I provided all payslips from April 2008 - april 2009, with p60 for year 2009, and bankstatements from april 2008 - april 2009r
and even in cover letter i mention the period from April 2008 - april 2009 for earning period.( i claimed 30 points)

But in the application form , I mentioned 25th april as starting period,
as I thought it should be the salary covering period.

Could some one clarify whether this is a issue or do I need to some explantion letter to UKBA.

Thanks,

rahul

vt_76

Post by vt_76 » Fri May 08, 2009 9:50 am

djang0 wrote:
vt_76 wrote:
miki wrote:

Wow!! that's really tough waiting when compared to mine... it will be good news definitely...keep us posted :)

Yes, It was very tough 2 months, finally approved till Jun 2012.
Another lucky thing is even though they have given wrong postcode, royal mail correctly identified my house. For some reason I keep getting mails for wrong postcode, even this place is built over 2 years now...I thought should have been sorted by now, dont whome to contact/complain..looks like some systems get my address for wrong postcode when they search for address/corresponding postcode..had to return DHL parcel same time collecting correct documents of mine.

Miki, yours next now hopefully...

VT

FZ

Post by FZ » Fri May 08, 2009 10:13 am

Pl help!!
Yes you are right
Good Luck!!!

raja1082k1

Post by raja1082k1 » Fri May 08, 2009 10:56 am

FZ wrote:

Pl help!!
Yes you are right
Good Luck!!!
Hi FZ....Which one is the right?? 1st one or the 2nd one??

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Fri May 08, 2009 12:19 pm

VK82 wrote:

Hello All,

Thanks VK82...i provided my new address on Tier 1 application form, but i think they my old address against my records, maybe from my previous WP applications. I, too, think customer care person was just reading out the address in their records and he may not have access to my new address on envelope. Anyways, i have already contacted conceirge of the building about it and would be slip a note to the person living at my old address. thanks a lot......hoping for the best!! Lets see....
Finally, the wait was over....I got my Tier 1 visa approved this morning....I would like to extend my sincere thanks to all the forumites, who have always been kind enough to get my doubts clarified. I wish to do the same for the aspiring applicants and would be around to help you guys.

Thanks once again.

shubham_arora2001

Post by shubham_arora2001 » Fri May 08, 2009 1:11 pm

hello ppl,

I applied for my tier 1 on 23/03/09 and my application is still awaiting consideration. I am fed up calling them and telling them that according to the ukba website my application should have been considered by now! but for some reason it is still awaiting consideration

I sent in an UT request but it has made no impact whatsoever

Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?

I want to withdraw the application but cannot re apply due to masters provision

MattM
Newly Registered

Post by MattM » Fri May 08, 2009 1:12 pm

Was it a WP to Tier 1 visa or HSMP extension?

shubham_arora2001

Post by shubham_arora2001 » Fri May 08, 2009 1:24 pm

initial application switching from fresh talent scotland visa to tier 1 - - - matt, i remember u submitted ur app around the same time and ur fee was debitrd around the same time as mine... what is the status of ur application?

lak3909

Post by lak3909 » Fri May 08, 2009 3:10 pm

Thanks to all in this site who have helped me with different ideas to check with HO.

This site has really helped me to see others in same boat. Helped me to hang on.... till today

lak3909

Post by lak3909 » Fri May 08, 2009 3:19 pm

destiniation_london wrote:Does anyone knows, how long it takes for Royal mail to update the status on their tracking system...this afternoon HO customer care gave me special delivery number and since then i have been trying to track it on the site. But, everytime, it keeps saying 'Come Back Later' .....and says

I just checked it again (well, i have been literally checking it every second)... and it shows status of in-transit......waiting eagerly for morning.... fingers crossed... lets see... :)
Today i received my docs by special delivery and i noticed that it takes about 3 hours after delivery that the site got updated.
I guess it depends on the postman who has delivered the package to its destination and then when he returns to delivery office- he updates the system