ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returned App lost in post - advice needed!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ucrahch
Newly Registered

Returned App lost in post - advice needed!

Post by ucrahch » Thu May 07, 2009 2:14 pm

Hi all and anyone,

Applied to extend my IGS/Post-Study worker visa in early January - had all supporting documents and there was no issue with application being valid, etc. Received letter in post stating app received and payment processed Jan 21st. Heard nothing until last week - my payment wasnt processed as my credit card blocked the charge for security reasons (US credit card). Home Office returned the 'invalid' applicaton to wrong correspondence address (I gave them a self-addressed/paid registered envelope to use) and was never delivered - no return address by home office or any indication of immigration documents enclosed. Royal Mail opened enveloped to get correct address and delivered April 27th - 3 months after my Visa expired.

I called Home Office and was advised to either resubmit, but this would only get denied or return to my home country.

I've been in contact with lawyers and immigration solicitors but am looking for any feedback by anyone! I'm perfectly eligible for the Visa and even eligible to apply for highly skilled migrant...

cheryl99

Re: Returned App lost in post - advice needed!

Post by cheryl99 » Thu May 07, 2009 7:51 pm

Hi,

When they had returned your application as invalid, was your visa still valid or had it expired? Because if they had returned it as invalid when your visa had expired because they couldnt do the payment, then you may have to do it at home.

However, you could risk and send in a fresh application immediately because you have a few days before you become an overstayer.

ucrahch wrote:Hi all and anyone,

Applied to extend my IGS/Post-Study worker visa in early January - had all supporting documents and there was no issue with application being valid, etc. Received letter in post stating app received and payment processed Jan 21st. Heard nothing until last week - my payment wasnt processed as my credit card blocked the charge for security reasons (US credit card). Home Office returned the 'invalid' applicaton to wrong correspondence address (I gave them a self-addressed/paid registered envelope to use) and was never delivered - no return address by home office or any indication of immigration documents enclosed. Royal Mail opened enveloped to get correct address and delivered April 27th - 3 months after my Visa expired.

I called Home Office and was advised to either resubmit, but this would only get denied or return to my home country.

I've been in contact with lawyers and immigration solicitors but am looking for any feedback by anyone! I'm perfectly eligible for the Visa and even eligible to apply for highly skilled migrant...