ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applied in London. current visa expired now. what to do?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dtjesus

applied in London. current visa expired now. what to do?

Post by dtjesus » Fri May 08, 2009 2:21 pm

Applied for federal skilled (simplified) : Nov 06
CHC london asked to submit docs : Nov 08
Docs submitted : Feb 09

I am a foreign student in uk on student visa. i applied for canadian immigration back in 2006 under the same status.
My current student visa expired in march 09 for which an application of extension is in process. Do i need to let CHC london know asap that the application is in process and provide evidence? Wondering if i dont do that they might automatically, without contacting me, transfer the case to home country considering for them the current residence permit has expired.

Does anybody know anything about this?

Gulshan Grover
Newly Registered

Post by Gulshan Grover » Mon May 11, 2009 8:05 pm

Hello i hv the same situation like u.Please check ur pm.thanks.

ESCO
Newly Registered

REPLY...

Post by ESCO » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:26 pm

Not sure if you are still in the UK or not, but I had a similar situation. See http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

CHC assumes you are still in the UK and would continue to send everthing to your UK address till you state otherwise.

I dont think they would transfer your application to your home country except you say otherwise

If you are CONCERNED you can ask that you want your application to remain in UK ie YOU DO NOT WANT TO TRANSFER YOUR APPLICATION to your home country. ALSO ASK IF YOU ARE OUT OF THE COUNTRY IF WHEN YOUR VISA IS READY IN THE UK, THEY CAN ASK YOU TO COLLECT IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY/COUNTRY OF YOUR CHOICE

If your extension GOES through
1) you dont not need to let them know anything.

2) If your extension DOES NOT got through. You would have 2 options:
A) Let CHC continue to ASSUME you are still in the UK, so they CONTINUE to send all your correspondence to your UK address. Its only when they ask you to update your docs that you can put a cover letter to say you are not in the UK. However you still want YOUR APPLICATION to remain in the UK and they would continue to send all correspondence to your UK address.

The only drawback is when its time to collect your visa if your adress is still in the UK they would write your UK address asking you to submit and pick from UK ie the CHC office where your originally submitted your application as they assume you are still in the UK. So you would need to get back to the UK or be in the UK to collect.
In my case I got a Visiting Visa to come back the UK to submit and collect my visa. But... what happens if you dont get a visa to come back?

B) Let CHC know you are out of the UK and request they transfer your file to your country. This way they send all your correspondence to a NEW address in Country XXXX. This I feel this maybe like starting all over,
its time consuming, documents may be lost and requested again and therefore delay the process even longer.

Regards
Esco

mobby
Newly Registered

Re: REPLY...

Post by mobby » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:20 pm

ESCO wrote:Not sure if you are still in the UK or not, but I had a similar situation. See http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

CHC assumes you are still in the UK and would continue to send everthing to your UK address till you state otherwise.

I dont think they would transfer your application to your home country except you say otherwise

If you are CONCERNED you can ask that you want your application to remain in UK ie YOU DO NOT WANT TO TRANSFER YOUR APPLICATION to your home country. ALSO ASK IF YOU ARE OUT OF THE COUNTRY IF WHEN YOUR VISA IS READY IN THE UK, THEY CAN ASK YOU TO COLLECT IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY/COUNTRY OF YOUR CHOICE

A) Let CHC continue to ASSUME you are still in the UK, so they CONTINUE to send all your correspondence to your UK address. Its only when they ask you to update your docs that you can put a cover letter to say you are not in the UK. However you still want YOUR APPLICATION to remain in the UK and they would continue to send all correspondence to your UK address.

The only drawback is when its time to collect your visa if your adress is still in the UK they would write your UK address asking you to submit and pick from UK ie the CHC office where your originally submitted your application as they assume you are still in the UK. So you would need to get back to the UK or be in the UK to collect.
In my case I got a Visiting Visa to come back the UK to submit and collect my visa. But... what happens if you dont get a visa to come back?

B) Let CHC know you are out of the UK and request they transfer your file to your country. This way they send all your correspondence to a NEW address in Country XXXX. This I feel this maybe like starting all over,
its time consuming, documents may be lost and requested again and therefore delay the process even longer.

Regards
Esco
hi ESCO

could you plz give any update on your case becaz i am in the same boat as well that will be a great help.

wish you luck for your case.

thanx

mobby

mobby
Newly Registered

Re: REPLY...

Post by mobby » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:42 pm

mobby wrote:
ESCO wrote:Not sure if you are still in the UK or not, but I had a similar situation. See http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Regards
Esco
hi ESCO

could you plz give any update on your case becaz i am in the same boat as well that will be a great help.

wish you luck for your case.

thanx

mobby
hi everybody

i am still looking for some advise from seniors plz any comments will be highly appriciated.
thanx

mobby