ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bluewing
Newly Registered

Post by bluewing » Fri May 08, 2009 11:21 am

Congrats AI, thanks for letting us know it was the Tipp office as my application is being processed there and there still is hope for me yet.

To make matters worse, after working here 8.5years I finally got made redundant, I am told my application is with the minister (for some amount of time now) so heres hoping it comes quickly..

In the mean time, looking for jobs in the IT sector, cannot touch the job seekers benefit in the mean time even though I paid in for 8.5 years(thanks Ireland!) they are really looking after the people that built their country up arent they?
Sorry all end rant, but if you think your position is bad, you could be in my place :( Zero income isnt exactly a good place to be.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Fri May 08, 2009 11:37 am

bluewing wrote:Congrats AI, thanks for letting us know it was the Tipp office as my application is being processed there and there still is hope for me yet.

To make matters worse, after working here 8.5years I finally got made redundant, I am told my application is with the minister (for some amount of time now) so heres hoping it comes quickly..

In the mean time, looking for jobs in the IT sector, cannot touch the job seekers benefit in the mean time even though I paid in for 8.5 years(thanks Ireland!) they are really looking after the people that built their country up arent they?
Sorry all end rant, but if you think your position is bad, you could be in my place :( Zero income isnt exactly a good place to be.
Oh man, that's awful! I'm dreadfully sorry for you and hope that your approval comes quickly. Fingers crossed that you'll find another job straightaway.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri May 08, 2009 11:42 am

bluewing wrote:Congrats AI, thanks for letting us know it was the Tipp office as my application is being processed there and there still is hope for me yet.

Yeah sorry to hear that!!!Has happened to loads of people. Hope ministers decision also comes quickly.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri May 08, 2009 11:46 am

Bluewing do you know what date your application was submitted to the minister?

bluewing
Newly Registered

Post by bluewing » Fri May 08, 2009 12:00 pm

jhbmike wrote:Bluewing do you know what date your application was submitted to the minister?
Dont have the exact date, I will do the Tuesday caller thing next tuesday and find out the exact date. Up the vaalies! Good ol Joburg! I'm a banana boy anyway ;)

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri May 08, 2009 12:08 pm

Born in Durban, Addington Hospital, grew up in Westville. Moved to Joburg when Iwas 16.

qweqwe12
Newly Registered

Post by qweqwe12 » Fri May 08, 2009 12:31 pm

Will any Irish politician/system make a statement on behalf of we LEGAL wana be Irish's. NO... all they will say its a "privilege crap" SHAME SHAME SHAM system it is...

Where as they have time to do this:
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 61509.html

On numerous occasions Irish government machinery ( From Taoiseach to Ministers to MEP's ) have tried to get 50000 ILLEGAL Irish in US Legal (Who don't add a single Cent to Irish economy ) where as we some 10000 legally working contributing to Irish Economy, Irish Public Health and a lot more, have to sit in pain waiting for a random/partial/impractical system to work.

Its just a shame all i can say..

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

regards
ozzie

bluewing
Newly Registered

Post by bluewing » Fri May 08, 2009 2:14 pm

jhbmike wrote:Born in Durban, Addington Hospital, grew up in Westville. Moved to Joburg when Iwas 16.
Born in Durban, Addington Hospital, grew up in Durban North, Westville then finally Kloof, left for Ireland at 19 :)

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri May 08, 2009 2:50 pm

bluewing wrote:
jhbmike wrote:Born in Durban, Addington Hospital, grew up in Westville. Moved to Joburg when Iwas 16.
Born in Durban, Addington Hospital, grew up in Durban North, Westville then finally Kloof, left for Ireland at 19 :)
Small world!!!!!! :lol:

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Fri May 08, 2009 3:49 pm

Approval received today...Big surprise
applied in Feb 2008. married to an Irish citizen.
no additional documents requested..

I phoned the distric court in Cork and they told me I can come any Monday morning..no appointment required.

I'm off to celebrate...IN THE IRISH SUNSHINE
Can't believe I'm a real paddy now

good luck to everybody else, especially to those who have been waiting for a long time!!

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Fri May 08, 2009 3:54 pm

http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/press_detail.php?id=91

“Figures provided in response to a Dáil question last month showed that less than 11,000 citizenship applications were received in 2008, while 3,117 certificates of naturalisation were issued and 2,795 applications were refused or deemed ineligible,â€

bluewing
Newly Registered

Post by bluewing » Fri May 08, 2009 4:13 pm

Fionn wrote:Approval received today...Big surprise

I phoned the distric court in Cork and they told me I can come any Monday morning..no appointment required.

good luck to everybody else, especially to those who have been waiting for a long time!!
It only took just over one year to get approval for this? How long were you married??

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Fri May 08, 2009 4:28 pm

4,5 years..
I've written loads of letters to my local FF Td and to the minister as well...
may be that helped

BDSK2003

Post by BDSK2003 » Fri May 08, 2009 4:59 pm

Sorry to hear that Bluewing...Hope you will get the letter as soon as Possible

BDSK

cnu

Post by cnu » Fri May 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Bluewing, send me ur resume, lemme see if I can do something. please check ur pm for my mail-id

babar asif
Newly Registered

Post by babar asif » Sat May 09, 2009 6:17 pm

Hi
Do you know , if I need a birth certificate in order to get Irish Passport ? For the naturalization I had given a affedavit and they accept it .
Tahnks :?:

babar asif
Newly Registered

Post by babar asif » Sat May 09, 2009 6:17 pm

Hi
Do you know , if I need a birth certificate in order to get Irish Passport ? For the naturalization I had given a affedavit and they accept it .

Nehro
Ireland

Post by Nehro » Sat May 09, 2009 9:08 pm

Fionn wrote:Approval received today...Big surprise

Congratulations Fionn. You are now definitely an Irish Paddy from Cork !! Wish you all the best

TRV

Post by TRV » Sun May 10, 2009 3:57 pm

hello, my wife was in receipt of unemployment benefit in 2004 for two months when she was made redundant by her employer but found an alternate employment within two months. since then she is working as of today and currently paying tax. will this affect her naturalisation application that is being processed since 2006, yet to hear a decision.

Thanks

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Sun May 10, 2009 4:31 pm

TRV wrote:hello, my wife was in receipt of unemployment benefit in 2004 for two months when she was made redundant by her employer but found an alternate employment within two months. since then she is working as of today and currently paying tax. will this affect her naturalisation application that is being processed since 2006, yet to hear a decision.

Thanks
Maybe, Maybe not. Nobody knows for sure!!! Depends who is processing youre application. Based on what the minister has said in the past then yes it would go against you. There might be other factors though taken into consideration for example how much tax she has paid since she has been here.

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Sun May 10, 2009 6:31 pm

TRV wrote:hello, my wife was in receipt of unemployment benefit in 2004 for two months when she was made redundant by her employer but found an alternate employment within two months. since then she is working as of today and currently paying tax. will this affect her naturalisation application that is being processed since 2006, yet to hear a decision.

Thanks
In theory, this should have no bearing on your wife's naturalisation application. According to the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment: Any non-nationals that are made redundant, are given 3months to seek alternative employment/new work permit. In the meantime, you are legally entitled to apply for unemployment benefit. However, its questionable whether INIS will agree with that point of view.

IwannaBePaddy
Newly Registered

re

Post by IwannaBePaddy » Sun May 10, 2009 11:44 pm

Hi it will be very questionable if they denied citizenship to someone solely on the fact the he/she has claimed unemployment. If this is the case in the requirement list should state:
NO unemployment claimed during your residence in Ireland

if this happened in the past might be due to other reasons

jhbmike

Re: re

Post by jhbmike » Sun May 10, 2009 11:52 pm

IwannaBePaddy wrote:Hi it will be very questionable if they denied citizenship to someone solely on the fact the he/she has claimed unemployment. If this is the case in the requirement list should state:
NO unemployment claimed during your residence in Ireland

if this happened in the past might be due to other reasons
I agree with you that it is very questionable to be denied citizenship based on claiming JB, and no that dont tell you that you may not claim it.The minister has openely stated in the Dail that he has rejected applications due to this fact.
However this has been covered before in this thread.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Mon May 11, 2009 6:33 am

Thanks
Difficult to say with certainty, although drawing SW benefit seems to weigh against an application.

I found this comment to a post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost ... ostcount=5 a while back when I was getting neurotic that claiming child benefit would impinge negatively on my application.

The person who made the comment linked above can also be found on this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthre ... 2055189047 and seems to have some 'insider' knowledge of the internal mechanisms of the process (I have no idea about the veracity of this knowledge, TBH). The identical username also makes appearances on this forum, but I don't know if it's the same person.

Dunno.

dublin
Newly Registered

Post by dublin » Mon May 11, 2009 1:46 pm

Hi All

4 of my friends got their approval last week. We all live outside dublin in a small town and we all from same country. Here are their timeline.

Person 1
Applied April 2006
Additional document September 2008
Approval May 2009

Person 2
Applied May 2006
Approval May 2009

Person 3 & 4 (Husband and wife)
Applied November 2006
Approval May 2009

Note that there is difference of 6 months between person3 and person 2 in 2006 but we all got our approval same week.

Hope this helps.