ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) application, 180 absence from the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

peter07
Newly Registered

SET (M) application, 180 absence from the UK

Post by peter07 » Fri May 08, 2009 3:53 pm

I am planning to apply for ILR in few months time, but I really need your help!!

I've passed life in the UK test

I was granted an unmarried partner visa almost tow years ago, but I left the UK three times. The first time I left the UK for just 10 days (family visit). The second time I left the UK for three weeks (family visit), however, the third time I had to leave the UK for five and a half months and that was to care for my father. I have a letter saying that diring the five and a half months I was caring for my father as he was ill and needed care.. The letter is from a hospital from my country..

Moreover, During the five and a hslf months, me and my partner kept in contact almost daily by email and I have a proff of it..

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri May 08, 2009 4:02 pm

Apply by post, not in person.

peter07
Newly Registered

Post by peter07 » Fri May 08, 2009 4:08 pm

[quote="Casa"]Apply by post, not in person.[/quote]

Thanks Casa,
But do you think there is any chance of losing my ILR even if I am applying by post, however I spent about 180 days out of the Uk

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri May 08, 2009 4:14 pm

If you apply by post you'll be given the opportunity to explain further if required, or provide more proof.

peter07
Newly Registered

Post by peter07 » Fri May 08, 2009 4:29 pm

[quote="Casa"]If you apply by post you'll be given the opportunity to explain further if required, or provide more proof.[/quote]

Thanks Casa for your help!!

I really do need help / advice from anyone who had an experience of applying for SET (M) application with around 180 time out of the uk..

I am planning to apply by post and I have plenty of documents with joint names and single names spread over 2 years...

however, during my time out the uk, I kept in contact with my Partner visa emails and telephone, as well as during my time out the UK I was still paying for some bills through my bank account,

your help is much appretiated