ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 expired with no GNIB response

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UKStephen
Newly Registered

Stamp 4 expired with no GNIB response

Post by UKStephen » Thu May 07, 2009 9:46 am

Hello all,

My wife (Canadian) and I (UK) have been in Ireland for about 9 months. We submitted the EU-1 application about 7 months ago, fairly quickly got the letter saying they had all the documentation they needed, trooped on down to Burgh Quay and got my wife the 6 month stamp and immigration card/PPS # etc.

Now the card and stamp have expired without further word from GNIB.

Any ideas what to do? Do we just wait? Do we call or write a letter? We want to do some travelling in Europe over the summer but worry about her ability to get back into Ireland if the stamp has expired.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu May 07, 2009 10:01 am

As regards to Stamp there is No harm calling up GNIB or just drop into their office in town. Coz follow up by GNIB, that does not happen(often). And onus of keeping immigration stamps upto date is on immigrant ( as they say).
Regards
Tiggs

swann
Newly Registered

Post by swann » Thu May 07, 2009 2:04 pm

hi!
i've read here in the forum previously about another EU1 application that took longer than 6 months to process. so what i did, 5 days prior the end of the 6-month processing period of my EU1 application, i wrote an email to the EU Treaty Rights section, reminding them that i still haven't received their decision. i got a prompt email the next day, informing me that i will receive the notice before the 6th month ends. to my relief, i did receive it before the expiry!

...from the INIS website:

# Q How can I find out the status of my application?

A To request an update on your application you can either email the section at eutreatyrights@justice.ie. Please quote your reference number in all communications with our office.

----------

good luck!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri May 08, 2009 11:03 am

I agree with tiggs...

Best to follow up. They are not legally allowed to take longer than 6 months. You have every right to already have the answer.

mendo

Post by mendo » Fri May 08, 2009 10:59 pm

UKStephen,

I would go to GNIB first and tell them your situation.

The EU treaty rights section doesn't have a good record and it takes them longer than 6 months to process applications.

My wife is in the same boat as your wife.
I've emailed and sent them remainder letters but to no answer.

I even phoned INIS, just to be told that they have no clue when is the application going to be processed due to the huge number of applicants.

I am afraid that they are going to change the law again or introduce some delay tactics.

Regards,

Mendo
________
Make A Vaporizer
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UKStephen
Newly Registered

Post by UKStephen » Mon May 11, 2009 11:13 am

Thanks for the info everyone.

I emailed justice on Friday morning and they responded within 5 hours saying that a registered decision letter had been sent the day before (Thursday). Nothing has arrived as of Monday morning!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon May 11, 2009 12:30 pm

Hi,

I am in exactly the same position as yourself.

I sent an application and got a response that they have lost my document first and later on it arrived.

They also told me a letter is attached with the documents they said instructing me to register with the local immigration, but there wasn't.

I subsequently called them and was told the letter has been dispatched.
Three week later,i have just received an email letter saying, they did not actually send the letter as previously said,but will get back to me in due course.

The whole thing is a complete shamble. I am in the process of writing to the Ombudsman and SOLVIT. Hopefully that will help.

mendo

Post by mendo » Tue May 12, 2009 8:04 am

Hi All,

My wife received her registered letter today and thanks God she was granted the residence based on the EU Treaty Rights.

I sent them a registered letter last week, with a reminder that they have to process the application in maximun 6 months according with the EU Directive 38/2004.

I think that whitout this letter we would't have got the response after 6 months.

Sending them an email doesn't help at all.

Regards,

Mendo
________
Burn Notice Dicussion
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UKStephen
Newly Registered

Post by UKStephen » Tue May 12, 2009 12:16 pm

We received the approval letter today (Tuesday) so all is good.

However, it is obvious that it wasn't sent the day they stated in their email, and perhaps my email stimulated them to get to work on it.

So the moral here is to get onto them as the deadline aproaches.

Thanks everyone!

Stephen