ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP - minimum number of hours/week?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drblum
Newly Registered

WP - minimum number of hours/week?

Post by drblum » Sat May 09, 2009 11:06 am

I am currently on an "old" WP, working full-time. I am considering asking my employer if I can reduce my hours, but first wanted to find out if there is a required minimum number of hours per week that one must work on an old-style WP. I've tried emailing the Home Office and looking elsewhere on the internet, but so far have not found a specific answer. Anyone out there know?

bluu2k
Newly Registered

Re: WP - minimum number of hours/week?

Post by bluu2k » Thu May 21, 2009 6:40 pm

drblum wrote:I am currently on an "old" WP, working full-time. I am considering asking my employer if I can reduce my hours, but first wanted to find out if there is a required minimum number of hours per week that one must work on an old-style WP. I've tried emailing the Home Office and looking elsewhere on the internet, but so far have not found a specific answer. Anyone out there know?

B&C Internal guidance – website version 3.0
TECHNICAL CHANGE OF EMPLOYMENT
http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... iew=Binary

Working Hours
Caseworkers should ensure the permit holder’s hours have not been significantly reduced/increased (by at least 10%), as working more or less hours may attract other applicants from the resident labour market when the post is advertised appropriately.

That's general rule. I don't know how strictly HO would adhere to this. Others might come and shed the light for you, hopefully :wink:

One of my friends has been reducing 1 working day per week (i.e., 4 days instead of 5) without any issues with WP and visa extension recently. However, I am not sure if that person works more hours each day to compensate that, or accepts less salary payment.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

drblum
Newly Registered

Post by drblum » Thu May 21, 2009 7:00 pm

Yes, this is exactly the information I was looking for.

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply.