ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLS ADVISE - NEED EXTENSION FOR 3 MONTHS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Asian Guy
Newly Registered

PLS ADVISE - NEED EXTENSION FOR 3 MONTHS

Post by Asian Guy » Sat May 09, 2009 2:39 pm

Please I need advise. My HSMP visa expires end of June 2009. My wife is going to have a baby end of July 2009 and GP(doctor) has advised us not to retun home till after we have the baby because of risk of malaria.

How can I get 3 month visa extension? Trying for Tier I only gives me 65 points. PLEASE HELP and ADVISE.

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: PLS ADVISE - NEED EXTENSION FOR 3 MONTHS

Post by maheshnair » Sat May 09, 2009 3:42 pm

Asian Guy wrote:Please I need advise. My HSMP visa expires end of June 2009. My wife is going to have a baby end of July 2009 and GP(doctor) has advised us not to retun home till after we have the baby because of risk of malaria.

How can I get 3 month visa extension? Trying for Tier I only gives me 65 points. PLEASE HELP and ADVISE.

Try to get a Job on work permit (tier2) which looks like only option .
People who always win today and tommorow were the people who always lost yesterday ...

bani

Post by bani » Sat May 09, 2009 4:46 pm

I hope you can find a way to switch to Tier 2, as suggested.

But if not, this is a lot of stress on your your family and maybe it is best to go home while your wife is allowed to fly. I understand your GP's advise but we don't generally take malaria medicine or vaccinations and avoid tap water when we visit our home countries (but the British have to). I'm not sure how big a risk it is, compared to not having status/NHS access here when your child is born. Aren't there are other parts of your home country that pose less malaria risk? And surely women give birth where you are from?

push
United Kingdom

Re: PLS ADVISE - NEED EXTENSION FOR 3 MONTHS

Post by push » Sat May 09, 2009 4:51 pm

Asian Guy wrote:Please I need advise. My HSMP visa expires end of June 2009. My wife is going to have a baby end of July 2009 and GP(doctor) has advised us not to retun home till after we have the baby because of risk of malaria.

Despite what your GP says, Malaria is one tropical disease which can be easily prevented.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer